Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

At first, I thought that Norwegian had screwed themselves over by introducing this style of ship and during it's construction, I started to really see the purpose of the design and have some appreciation of the complexity of the ship. I am going to be on the 2nd ever paid-passenger sailing and I am looking forward to it. I am personally excited to see how they make the ship bigger for Prima 3 - 6, and I don't know how it will effect the overall atmosphere of the ships in the future.

1 hour ago, WoolworthAdventures said:

Anyone notice that the deck plan is up on the ncl site for prima not sure if it’s official but must be 

Yup! Looks like the official ones are up, and they even put in the slides going through the balconies 😂

Screenshot_20220804-015744.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

Any idea where the teens club is located? According to the website the Splash Academy for the younger ones is somewhere on deck 15 (but not marked in the deck plans). But I haven´t found anything about a teens club.

steamboats

Hmm.. wonder if there may not be one. Only the Splash Academy is listed on the deck plans and on the activities list on the NCL site. Perhaps the Splash Academy is dedicated to all ages up to 17 and the older teens have meetups at different locations around the ship?

This site says "There is no dedicated Entourage teen lounge on Norwegian Prima."

• Like 2

I'm booked in the Haven for the Oct 10th cruise to Bermuda, and received an Upgrade Advantage email offer last night, 69 days out from the cruise. I'm not bidding, because I like my room. I just wanted to share that the offer was cheaper than current pricing to move to the H4 Aft Owner Suite (the one on deck 10 with no hot tub), and to move to an H6 two bedroom. But was surprised the upgrade offer for the H5 Owners Suite with Master bedroom was more that what I could purchase the room for. Always check current pricing on rooms before submitting an upgrade offer.  

• Like 1

i don´t know the supermarket show, i don´t think we had that show in germany or i didn´t watched it.

the price is right had we in germany too, they did a revival show some weeks ago in TV.

Edited by Steff79

29 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

i don´t know the supermarket show, i don´t think we had that show in germany or i didn´t watched it.

the price is right had we in germany too, they did a revival show some weeks ago in TV.

"Supermarket Sweep" is a gameshow that's had several US incarnations.  Basically three teams of couples would ask grocery-related questions for points, which translated to how long they could run through a stage-based grocery store with carts and load them up with what they could within the time allowed for each, with some potential bonuses along the way.  At the end, whatever they gathered was totaled up, along with the bonus amounts, and whoever had the most dollars won.

Here's a YT version of one of the 1990s episodes:  

EDIT:  Wikipedia reference a recent German version called Das Supermarkt-Quiz - Promis kaufen ein.

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
Add more info
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the posted deck plans, I found it interesting how few inside cabins there are on some of the decks that would traditionally have them.  There are many places where there are balcony cabins on the outside and no inside cabins across from them in the hallway.  You don't see that very often on other ships.  The insides are sporadically placed on several of the decks.  Nothing wrong with it.  Just thought it was noticeably different from other ships I've seen.

4 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

The insides are sporadically placed on several of the decks.  Nothing wrong with it.

A lot of the marketing so far has indicated something about the fewest inside rooms, but this seems like a huge waste of space.

Speaking of space - they're NOT advertising the smallest sundeck at sea but that seems to be the case...

9 minutes ago, hallux said:

Speaking of space - they're NOT advertising the smallest sundeck at sea but that seems to be the case...

Even when you consider the pool area down on the Ocean Boulevard?  That combined with the upper decks seemed like quite a bit of outdoor space but it’s hard to truly know just from deck plans. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Looking at the posted deck plans, I found it interesting how few inside cabins there are on some of the decks that would traditionally have them.  There are many places where there are balcony cabins on the outside and no inside cabins across from them in the hallway.  You don't see that very often on other ships.  The insides are sporadically placed on several of the decks.  Nothing wrong with it.  Just thought it was noticeably different from other ships I've seen.

That may be the enclosed studio area

2 minutes ago, Deb and Jack said:

That may be the enclosed studio area

I don't follow you.   The studio cabin area is quite obvious as there is an obvious cluster of studio cabins there, which is the opposite of what I pointed out to look at.  Look at the deck plans for multiple decks that have the majority of the cabins.  Compare the number of inside cabins to the number of outside cabins.  Notice long stretches of hallway with no inside cabins.

16 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I don't follow you.   The studio cabin area is quite obvious as there is an obvious cluster of studio cabins there, which is the opposite of what I pointed out to look at.  Look at the deck plans for multiple decks that have the majority of the cabins.  Compare the number of inside cabins to the number of outside cabins.  Notice long stretches of hallway with no inside cabins.

Outside of the studios the hallways are balcony only no inside across as you describe