Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

2 minutes ago, Deb and Jack said:

Outside of the studios the hallways are balcony only no inside across as you describe 

Right, but the studio area is clearly visible (decks 12 and 13 forward, though I'm not seeing a large area for the lounge), look at the rest of the decks and all the blank space with sporadic inside cabins.

1 minute ago, hallux said:

Right, but the studio area is clearly visible (decks 12 and 13 forward, though I'm not seeing a large area for the lounge), look at the rest of the decks and all the blank space with sporadic inside cabins.

I stand corrected 

4 minutes ago, Deb and Jack said:

Outside of the studios the hallways are balcony only no inside across as you describe 

Not entirely true.  Yes, That is true on the aft portion of the ship.  But the front half of the ship has a mixture of insides and balconies.  Even if you exclude the studios.  Look at the deck plan for deck 14, for example.  Many inside cabins that are not studios.  Yet not as many as you would typically see in older ships.  

1 minute ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Not entirely true.  Yes, That is true on the aft portion of the ship.  But the front half of the ship has a mixture of insides and balconies.  Even if you exclude the studios.  Look at the deck plan for deck 14, for example.  Many inside cabins that are not studios.  Yet not as many as you would typically see in older ships.  

I'm seeing that now, I just noticed it on deck 12 forward and thought that was an example. Hallux pointed out the other areas.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

A lot of the marketing so far has indicated something about the fewest inside rooms, but this seems like a huge waste of space.

Speaking of space - they're NOT advertising the smallest sundeck at sea but that seems to be the case...

You have to take into consideration the 2 additional infinity pools on each side of deck 8.  If you add up the sun deck plus all the space around those two infinity pools, I believe you are exceeding the normal space on the pool deck

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Deb and Jack said:

I'm seeing that now, I just noticed it on deck 12 forward and thought that was an example. Hallux pointed out the other areas.

This class of ships is supposed to re-imagine things.  Maybe they decided it was worth putting some crew/mechanical/storage space higher up so it can be accessed more efficiently.

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Official NCL deck plans, no need to visit others sites

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/prima/deck-plans

Sorry, not accurate. CruiseDeckPlans has updated deck plans that NCL doesn't have yet. They also have added photos on their website. Just look at the difference between the two. I am sure NCL will update soon, but they have not as of yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

Sorry, not accurate. CruiseDeckPlans has updated deck plans that NCL doesn't have yet. They also have added photos on their website. Just look at the difference between the two. I am sure NCL will update soon, but they have not as of yet.

CruiseDeckPlans is guessing based on pictures and information gathered. Only NCL will have official deck plans (until other places copy them to re-share 😋). 

2 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

CruiseDeckPlans is guessing based on pictures and information gathered. Only NCL will have official deck plans (until other places copy them to re-share 😋). 

They both look the same to me

Screenshot_20220804-203556.png

Screenshot_20220804-203511.png

3 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Because CDP copies the official plans (adding to them as desired). 

Yeah I assumed. I don't see how CDP could have more accurate plans than NCL. Happy to finally see the Deck Plans; very excited 

46 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

They both look the same to me

Screenshot_20220804-203556.png

Screenshot_20220804-203511.png

CruiseDeckPlans has the slides added on balconies and you can click on the little cameras to see what that area will look like. NCL hasn't added those. So...not the same.

1 minute ago, SakeDad said:

CruiseDeckPlans has the slides added on balconies and you can click on the little cameras to see what that area will look like. NCL hasn't added those. So...not the same.

NCL has the slides on the balconies as well (I posted a screenshot earlier of them from the NCL site)

• Like 1

As for the perceived lack of inside cabins... couldn't that possibly be crew member cabins? They're only going to list the public areas on deck plans. Maybe they're being nice to their crew for a change and making more space for them so they don't have to quadruple up in a room?

13 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

NCL has the slides on the balconies as well (I posted a screenshot earlier of them from the NCL site)

Nope...1st pic is NCL without slide on balcony, second is CruiseDeckPlan with slides

Screenshot_20220804-183938_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220804-182210_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Sailing12Away said:

As for the perceived lack of inside cabins... couldn't that possibly be crew member cabins? They're only going to list the public areas on deck plans. Maybe they're being nice to their crew for a change and making more space for them so they don't have to quadruple up in a room?

They gave them a gorgeous outside crew bar area. I think they really are stepping it up for crew with this ship.

1 minute ago, SakeDad said:

Nope...1st pic is NCL without slide on balcony, second is CruiseDeckPlan with slides

Could it be that cruisedeckplans is wrong on what decks the slides go through?  NCL does show slides going through decks 11 and deck 14 (and they land on 8 I believe).  I would imagine they don't actually wrap through the balconies on every single floor.

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Could it be that cruisedeckplans is wrong on what decks the slides go through?  NCL does show slides going through decks 11 and deck 14 (and they land on 8 I believe).  I would imagine they don't actually wrap through the balconies on every single floor.

Yes. I'm not sure in what world a 3rd party site would have "the real deck plans" vs the official website

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

Interesting - SOME of the decks on NCL's page do have the slides - 

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 9.45.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 9.47.38 PM.png

@prmssk I chose the same decks you noted for my screenshots.  Teamwork!

Edited by hallux

Yeah... on the NCL website not all of the decks have been updated. Look at 12 (the deck we're booked in) vs deck 11 below. My deck has no slides and doesn't indicate the aft Haven rooms have a hot tub. But deck 11 does....

I saw the hot tub with my own eyes in the videos so I know it's there... not all of the decks are updated on the NCL site which is going to cause a lot of confusion I image for folks who don't realize that. A bonus hot tub you didn't expect is one thing, but a 'surprise' of a slide blocking your view of your balcony is not a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sailing12Away said:

Yeah... on the NCL website not all of the decks have been updated. Look at 12 (the deck we're booked in) vs deck 11 below. My deck has no slides and doesn't indicate the aft Haven rooms have a hot tub. But deck 11 does....

I saw the hot tub with my own eyes in the videos so I know it's there... not all of the decks are updated on the NCL site which is going to cause a lot of confusion I image for folks who don't realize that. A bonus hot tub you didn't expect is one thing, but a 'surprise' of a slide blocking your view of your balcony is not a pleasant surprise.

I think those slide rooms are gonna cause a lot of problems for people in general. They should have been clear in the description that they're next to slides when they started selling them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

I think those slide rooms are gonna cause a lot of problems for people in general. They should have been clear in the description that they're next to slides when they started selling them.

I wonder what they did show at booking.  The only time I ever saw deck plans on NCL's website (before this week) was when I booked and saw the plan for the location of the room I was considering.  Although I picked an oddly shaped room not exactly knowing how it would be configured (it just showed the normal floor plan for my category - I'm in a corner M2).