Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

54 minutes ago, hallux said:

are they metal?  Most slides are polycarbonate, FRP or fiberglass.  I realize they're dry slides, and that may make a difference, but if I recall we saw some clear sections (which would be polycarbonate) and you'd want similar expansion/contraction rates on the slide pieces.

Does anyone know what Royal used for the Abyss on the Oasis-class ships?  I think those are also dry slides.

RCI Oasis class are metal with great soundproofing on the way down. Exiting is a different story. I would be more worried with a balcony right over the landing pad….

Edited by Fredrik
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruisecrazypat said:

When we booked during May 30th Jewel cruise, we had this deck planScreenshot_20220806-203939_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c10d18b349257b43863daaf728139266.jpgNow, the slide run through it. Not a happy camper

You used a deck plan that is not from NCL website and now your not a happy camper sorry but I would never use another site for deck plan Even more when it’s a new ship nobody knows the deck plan it the cruise line comes out with it 

Many people booked their rooms without any deck plans being available at all. You win some, you lose some. 

The biggest problem for Prima is that there was such a huge interest there are many rooms now sold out. Plus after the initial wave of bookings the prices skyrocketed and in some cases nearly doubled. So to rebook to a different room on a different sailing is cost prohibitive for many.

I think we're all anxious to see real life reviews from people in all of these unique rooms. Either prices will start to plummet, or it won't be as bad as we think and it's fine.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, cruisecrazypat said:

We booked December 30th cruise, balcony accessible, during our May 30 Alaska cruise at CruiseNext desk. We were shown a floor plan. Knew nothing about slide through our balcony. Because of after effects of chemo, I nap every day. Don't think putting slides outside accessible was very smart. They will obstruct views and be noisy 

From the pictures I've seen, guests don't have access to the parts of the balcony that the slides go through. I would think it'd be a safety issue if they did - I can just imagine kids climbing on them and falling off over railings! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

From the pictures I've seen, guests don't have access to the parts of the balcony that the slides go through. I would think it'd be a safety issue if they did - I can just imagine kids climbing on them and falling off over railings! 

Just saw this on a FB group? All the layouts showed some sort of division, so that FB group photo is surprising? Maybe the chairs are just for the workers currently?

Also, I just noticed some if the updated deck plans show different shaped balconies than before.

Eg. Deck 13 (standard shape) and Deck 16, odd shapes

Screenshot_20220807-184930.png

Screenshot_20220807-185217.png

Screenshot_20220807-185128.png

2 hours ago, cruisecrazypat said:

When we booked during May 30th Jewel cruise, we had this deck planScreenshot_20220806-203939_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c10d18b349257b43863daaf728139266.jpgNow, the slide run through it. Not a happy camper

According to NCL deck plans, if you're on the port side, your balcony is actually larger than it was shown to be. If on starboard, there's no change. image.png.0095d4cb44eb9a99f71b87c43ef1cf94.png

6 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

Just saw this on a FB group? All the layouts showed some sort of division, so that FB group photo is surprising? Maybe the chairs are just for the workers currently?

Also, I just noticed some if the updated deck plans show different shaped balconies than before.

Eg. Deck 13 (standard shape) and Deck 16, odd shapes

Yeah, I saw that too. The room diagram on NCL's website still doesn't show the corner part of the balconies as being included, and I saw a recent picture somewhere recently where you can actually see the railings within the deck area sectioning the corners off. 

image.png.66e3449cd3c9c3af8ca0bcc26b19fabe.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Yeah, I saw that too. The room diagram on NCL's website still doesn't show the corner part of the balconies as being included, and I saw a recent picture somewhere recently where you can actually see the railings within the deck area sectioning the corners off. 

image.png.66e3449cd3c9c3af8ca0bcc26b19fabe.png

Yeah, but I'm still wondering why they clearly show a sliding door in the primary bedroom, as well as the living room 

Screenshot_20220807-191136.png

Screenshot_20220807-191152.png

15 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

Yeah, but I'm still wondering why they clearly show a sliding door in the primary bedroom, as well as the living room 

Screenshot_20220807-191136.png

Screenshot_20220807-191152.png

Yup, I wondered that too. Someone suggested way back when that maybe it would be inoperable. 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, cruisecrazypat said:

Screenshot_20220806-203939_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c10d18b349257b43863daaf728139266.jpg

We booked 14790 last year, about a month after sales opened up. Did lots of research and no slides were on any of the promotional materials. A week later, saw slides in new promo pics and saw they were going in and out of balconies in that mid ship area.

We quickly changed cabin and I alerted those on our Roll Call of this development.  One member had cabin right next to slide cabins. Although website showed balconies sold out, he was able to call and have existing cabin moved.

Regarding the pics of the cabin, I thought living area glass doors went to small balcony, because of deck chair. Thought master bedroom glass doors were panoramic floor to ceiling glass. No access to balcony.

Now just have to be patient.  406 Days to go! 🙄

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bortman23 said:

Maybe the chairs are just for the workers currently?

Screenshot_20220807-185217.png

Screenshot_20220807-185128.png

At this point there wouldn't be any guest cabin chairs out for workers. Look closely at the other balconies and those are most definitely guest balcony chairs, not crew chairs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Or ornery guys like me who might tap on the tube as someone is coming down, just to add a little scare 🙂  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Has anyone who is sailing in the next couple months been able to reserve shows?  I’m 125 days out in a Club Class Balcony and thought I would be able to start making reservations today but the app says “Reservations not offered” for things like the The Donna Summer Musical. 

Also, many of the restaurants I thought were specialty dining like Le Bistro, Los Lobos, etc. are showing complimentary in the app. Does anyone have a good list of which restaurants are included vs specialty dining?

We haven’t been on NCL for a lot of years so not sure how this all normally works. 

27 minutes ago, littlelulu01 said:

NCL’s deck plans no longer show a hot tub on balcony decks 12 ,13 and 15 aft Owners suites.  I know they amended category on deck 10 way back when but now they only show balcony hot tubs on deck 11 and 14. 

That's interesting - all of a sudden my deck 12 seems a little "cheated". If, indeed, they've (under the cover of darkness) pulled a fast one...

Tom

16 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That's interesting - all of a sudden my deck 12 seems a little "cheated". If, indeed, they've (under the cover of darkness) pulled a fast one...

Tom

I think it's just an error on their part. Not updating all the deck plans correctly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Has anyone who is sailing in the next couple months been able to reserve shows?  I’m 125 days out in a Club Class Balcony and thought I would be able to start making reservations today but the app says “Reservations not offered” for things like the The Donna Summer Musical. 

Also, many of the restaurants I thought were specialty dining like Le Bistro, Los Lobos, etc. are showing complimentary in the app. Does anyone have a good list of which restaurants are included vs specialty dining?

We haven’t been on NCL for a lot of years so not sure how this all normally works. 

It’s a bit confusing now but hey, it’s a new ship and new ship class.

I’m 48 days out and here’s what I can & cannot book on the app:

Shows: no

Vibe Beach Club pass: yes (cabana too)

Prima Theater: it’s showing the same cost as Vibe, which is an error

Specialty restaurants: yes except Nama Sushi

Thermal Suite pass: yes

Spa treatments: no

The specialty restaurants had been showing as complimentary previously but now they’re showing as $0.00 in the app. Sadly that’s inaccurate. Onda, Palomar, Cagney’s, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, Food Republic, and Hatsuki are specialty. I’m pretty sure Nama Sushi is as well. Indulge Food Hall appears to be complimentary, although that might not apply to Coco’s? (that’s an extra-cost dessert venue on other ships) Other included dining is the Surfside Cafe (buffet), The Local,  and the two main dining rooms, plus The Haven restaurant for Haven guests. Did I miss anything?

6 minutes ago, coastcat said:

The specialty restaurants had been showing as complimentary previously but now they’re showing as $0.00 in the app. Sadly that’s inaccurate. Onda, Palomar, Cagney’s, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, Food Republic, and Hatsuki are specialty. I’m pretty sure Nama Sushi is as well. Indulge Food Hall appears to be complimentary, although that might not apply to Coco’s? (that’s an extra-cost dessert venue on other ships) Other included dining is the Surfside Cafe (buffet), The Local,  and the two main dining rooms, plus The Haven restaurant for Haven guests. Did I miss anything?

Thank you!  So the app just isn’t quite read for the Prima. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing out on something I should now be able to do. 

And your list of included and specialty restaurants matches with what I was expecting. The app just threw me off. 

52 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Thank you!  So the app just isn’t quite read for the Prima. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing out on something I should now be able to do. 

And your list of included and specialty restaurants matches with what I was expecting. The app just threw me off. 

Actually none of my cruises allow for booking the Theater.  I suspect with covid cancelling the shows frequently NCL decided to hold off reservations until we board the ship so the information on bookings is as up to date as possible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

I did see one article that detailed the Food Hall and it specifically noted that Coco's was an extra fee.  Which was what I expected.  

13 minutes ago, WoolworthAdventures said:

Coco and Starbucks are extra charges 

Yes. But for the rest it is not clear if it is all complementary or a mix of complementary and upcharge items in the evening. And if there are upcharge items can you us a package?