Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

9 hours ago, lovelife said:

Our experience was different. As posted earlier, we received our gold cards at the day two top tier event and enjoyed the perks of Pin luncheon, suite lounge, etc. the remainder of the week. 

How long ago?

9 hours ago, lovelife said:

Our experience was different. As posted earlier, we received our gold cards at the day two top tier event and enjoyed the perks of Pin luncheon, suite lounge, etc. the remainder of the week. 

How long ago and which ship if you don’t mind.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would say more algebra than geometry. Infants require a fair amount of weight / dosing calculations.some adult ICU meds have weight based dosing.

Makes sense. Now the $64,000 question.

Do you do that, or does the nurse?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, lovelife said:

Good friend of ours had the same welcome and set up on Rhapsody a couple of years ago.  Different ship, different LA....   RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😮 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Good friend of ours had the same welcome and set up on Rhapsody a couple of years ago.  Different ship, different LA....   RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😮 

Inconsistent for sure.  We were also given an enormous cake and stunning arrangement of flowers.  The LA was awesome (now a guest services officer on Allure).

14 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Inconsistent for sure.  We were also given an enormous cake and stunning arrangement of flowers.  The LA was awesome (now a guest services officer on Allure).

I tend to see that a lot on the smaller ships.   I would prefer to "turn" on a smaller ship...but have no idea when it will actually happen...if ever.  😞  

Right now, if nothing else cancelled...it would be Freedom in January, which was not my original choice (that was supposed to be last May on Grandeur).  But I am not holding my breath...I don't look good in shades of blue.  😮😉 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I tend to see that a lot on the smaller ships.   I would prefer to "turn" on a smaller ship...but have no idea when it will actually happen...if ever.  😞  

Right now, if nothing else cancelled...it would be Freedom in January, which was not my original choice (that was supposed to be last May on Grandeur).  But I am not holding my breath...I don't look good in shades of blue.  😮😉 

I saw that kind of Pin celebration on Grandeur once and was surprised to receive it on the larger Adventure.  Here's hoping your January sailing happens.

1 minute ago, lovelife said:

I saw that kind of Pin celebration on Grandeur once and was surprised to receive it on the larger Adventure.  Here's hoping your January sailing happens.

Thanks!  🙂  Me too, though I am sooo burned out with all these cancellations and getting my heart broken...I have no idea when we will sail again.  Frustrating for us all.  😞  The biggest hurt will be when RCI cancels our big Aussie adventure (which we expect to see announced very soon) and had planned for so long.  Was to be a big bucket list cross off.  

I'm bad. I didnt know how many pts it took to turn diamond or when I did and dont remember getting a pin or anything for it. Tbh I just learned in this thread it takes 700 to hit pinnacle. No wonder that guy I meet with a name tag was so proud. I've learned a lot during covid sitting here sheltering in place. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

I hope you get to sail and reach pinnacle. 

I know you wanted a smaller shop but keep in mind that smaller can be too small.

We turned P on the first leg of a B3B (3/4/3 night) on Enchantment.   No top tier party on that ship so no ceremony.   We had several friends who happened to be on board and hoped to celebrate with us  but no ceremony, cake flowers etc. Really all we wanted was the photo. The LA told us that since we were B2B  they would recognize the pinnacle status on the next leg at the Captain’s welcome that they hold on the 4 night. Then we could get the photo.  Or we could stage a photo with the captain. 

We got the photo op. (No cake, no flowers etc.,.... but that was ok). We love the photo. 

All ships handle it differently.  We knew there was no top tier on the three night but one of our friends suggested a small gathering maybe in  Schooner bar or bridge. They spoke to the LA but she declined. 

Fast forward a few weeks and the stratum in delivered but Caribbean is misspelled!    They sent a new corrected version. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

You going for a third when you reach 700 points?  You could unlink your account and get the whole presentation again.

I hear it's more complicated than that.

I think I'm right around 600 on my own.

Truthfully wouldn't want to jinx a 35 year relationship 

• Like 2

When ships return to sailing will there even be a Top Tier party? In the beginning I'm sure there won't be and I also don't think you'll see Officers out and about mingling like they've done in the past. I do hope that when cruising is able to resume that the first cruises go well so more ships, with more passengers, can once again sail the high seas. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise