Jump to content

Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion


Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

  1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

    • Pre Diamond to Diamond
      47
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
      2
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
      53
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
      35
    • Some level below Diamond
      17
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle
      20


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I didn’t mean they should have gotten any benefits. I just thought @WeMissSeaViewwas saying that nobody even acknowledged their ascension.  Maybe I was mistaken about that.

We were NOT acknowledged on our 700 cruise.  The LA told us it would be done on the next cruise of our B2B.  This was on the Freedom almost six years ago. 
Interesting thing on that second cruise.  It had the luggage valet and we were both charged $20 for using it.  I went to customer service and he told me that free luggage valet was not a Pinnacle benefit. I pulled up the list of Pinnacle benefits that the LA gave me that cruise and showed it to him.  He then had his manager come over and showed him the list.  Then the manager called the LA to make sure it was correct.  He must have thought I printed the list out myself.  He did not act happy to take the two $20 charges off of our bill.  Many memories from this B2B cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why would I depend on someone else to calculate proper dosing for meds that I order?

 

No offense, I was just curious.

 

Last year, I asked my PC about a medication I was curious about,  and she asked me what dose I wanted

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

We were NOT acknowledged on our 700 cruise.  The LA told us it would be done on the next cruise of our B2B.  This was on the Freedom almost six years ago. 
Interesting thing on that second cruise.  It had the luggage valet and we were both charged $20 for using it.  I went to customer service and he told me that free luggage valet was not a Pinnacle benefit. I pulled up the list of Pinnacle benefits that the LA gave me that cruise and showed it to him.  He then had his manager come over and showed him the list.  Then the manager called the LA to make sure it was correct.  He must have thought I printed the list out myself.  He did not act happy to take the two $20 charges off of our bill.  Many memories from this B2B cruise.

 

That's interesting,  Freedom was always a pretty well run ship in PC

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

You also get a certificate for a free cruise😉

Who hooooo. Do you get any category you want. Awesome. I changed my mind. Maybe unhook for just a week for the free cruise. 

 

Wish I could move my 179 loyalty pts/days on carnival here and been more loyal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

No offense, I was just curious.

 

Last year, I asked my PC about a medication I was curious about,  and she asked me what dose I wanted

I have been asked for certain strengths of a med before. I believe the color of the pill was blue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I hear it's more complicated than that.

I think I'm right around 600 on my own.

Truthfully wouldn't want to jinx a 35 year relationship 

 

I would ask, 35 year relationship with who, the cruise line or your wife, but that is too personal of a question. 😄 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I believe that question involves math.

 

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Count me out then. I can handle double points but that’s about as far as it goes. 😇

 

Count me out too. I don't have the energy to scroll past another 50+ posts of possible math scenarios.  

 

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

A true favorite...That show is almost purr-fect!

 

Finally, something both you and @John&LaLa can agree on. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Who hooooo. Do you get any category you want. Awesome. I changed my mind. Maybe unhook for just a week for the free cruise. 

 

Wish I could move my 179 loyalty pts/days on carnival here and been more loyal. 

 

Std balcony

 

At 1400 it is a JS

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:


I hope you get to sail and reach pinnacle. 

 

I know you wanted a smaller shop but keep in mind that smaller can be too small.
 

We turned P on the first leg of a B3B (3/4/3 night) on Enchantment.   No top tier party on that ship so no ceremony.   We had several friends who happened to be on board and hoped to celebrate with us  but no ceremony, cake flowers etc. Really all we wanted was the photo. The LA told us that since we were B2B  they would recognize the pinnacle status on the next leg at the Captain’s welcome that they hold on the 4 night. Then we could get the photo.  Or we could stage a photo with the captain. 
 

We got the photo op. (No cake, no flowers etc.,.... but that was ok). We love the photo. 

All ships handle it differently.  We knew there was no top tier on the three night but one of our friends suggested a small gathering maybe in  Schooner bar or bridge. They spoke to the LA but she declined. 
 

Fast forward a few weeks and the stratum in delivered but Caribbean is misspelled!    They sent a new corrected version. 
 

m

 

It was not that long ago that RCI dumped the upper tier party on cruises with 5 nights or less...not sure why since (IMHO) it is really a great PR event, especially with "newbies" that are just trying out cruising, or pax (like I was) that have not retired yet and had tough work schedules.  You find a lot of those on the shorter sailings.  

 

We stick to 7 night or longer cruises (even a 7 night seems short now), but we do a lot of B2Bs.  On all of the small ships of 7 nights, they always had some sort of award ceremony for newly minted Pinnies...even up to the last January B2B2B Vision, and the B2B Rhapsody we were on in February..then of course everything shut down. 

 

Will be an interesting re-start...that's for sure.  Whenever that may happen...which is the big question right now.  😮 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Who hooooo. Do you get any category you want. Awesome. I changed my mind. Maybe unhook for just a week for the free cruise. 

 

Wish I could move my 179 loyalty pts/days on carnival here and been more loyal. 

 

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Std balcony

 

At 1400 it is a JS

 

You get a std balcony for any  7 night Caribbean cruise OR you can $2400 towards any cruise you want.  ( there are a few restrictions like no  ships less than one year old and perhaps a few black out holidays).   We applied ours towards a 9 night Canada/New England cruise.   We had to pay a  balance  as the  cruise was more than $2400.   If I recall you have about 6 months to book and a year or so to take the cruise. 

 

M

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Figures......  how many times have you sat through the entire show (old version) ?

Cats... twice.  The trick is to print out a summary of the plot and bring it with you.  Read it before and then again at intermission.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

It was not that long ago that RCI dumped the upper tier party on cruises with 5 nights or less...not sure why since (IMHO) it is really a great PR event, especially with "newbies" that are just trying out cruising, or pax (like I was) that have not retired yet and had tough work schedules.  You find a lot of those on the shorter sailings.  

 

We stick to 7 night or longer cruises (even a 7 night seems short now), but we do a lot of B2Bs.  On all of the small ships of 7 nights, they always had some sort of award ceremony for newly minted Pinnies...even up to the last January B2B2B Vision, and the B2B Rhapsody we were on in February..then of course everything shut down. 

 

Will be an interesting re-start...that's for sure.  Whenever that may happen...which is the big question right now.  😮 

 

Mariner sometimes does a Pinnacle party on the bridge if there is a new Pinnacle onboard. Laura went to one last year

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...