Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

59 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mariner sometimes does a Pinnacle party on the bridge if there is a new Pinnacle onboard. Laura went to one last year

Was that one where we all gathered and the  guest of honor  decided not to have the ceremony on Mariner and didn't show? 

We had a few others on Mariner in the past year, well not the past year, the past year of cruising.  One  was in the VC lounge, the other  in the Star lounge.  The two in the lounges were sort of between late and early dinner and were small but nice. Lots of officers , open bar and just a few guests. Fewer than 10 guests.    We rearranged dinner both times  to help the new Pinnacle celebrate as we knew the recipients from previous cruises. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Good friend of ours had the same welcome and set up on Rhapsody a couple of years ago.  Different ship, different LA....   RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😮 

We reached Pinnacle 2 years ago on the Rhapsody.  It was the 4 segment of of a B5B.  We were recognized on that week.  The following week our cards still showed D+.  The LA knew we were staying on but did not prepare,  We had to wait for her to make the changes and reprint cards.   

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

We reached Pinnacle 2 years ago on the Rhapsody.  It was the 4 segment of of a B5B.  We were recognized on that week.  The following week our cards still showed D+.  The LA knew we were staying on but did not prepare,  We had to wait for her to make the changes and reprint cards.   

LA doesn't always stand for Loyalty Ambassador. 😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mariner sometimes does a Pinnacle party on the bridge if there is a new Pinnacle onboard. Laura went to one last year

Cool!  🙂 

Weird thing was, I think it was Oasis?....they used to do upper tier (or was it suites?) on the bow during formal night at sail away in the late afternoon.  Ugg...all dressed up and standing in the heat and humidity on the bow.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

LA doesn't always stand for Loyalty Ambassador. 😇

That's for sure!!  😮   We have had really good ones that went over and above...and really bad ones that should never be allowed to interact with the public!!  😜

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Domino D said:

Dave, why would the Laundry Attendant be handling this type issue?  😕

Once again...you make me laugh out loud!  😄  Thanks for my morning giggle!  

Edited by island lady

I just made D+ in February, fortunate to take 6 cruises in 2020 before everything was shut down. Even with the extra points, I’ll still be a long way from the solo discount but it will help. 
My cruise buddy will hit D, if all our planned trips sail. 

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Cool!  🙂 

Weird thing was, I think it was Oasis?....they used to do upper tier (or was it suites?) on the bow during formal night at sail away in the late afternoon.  Ugg...all dressed up and standing in the heat and humidity on the bow.  

I've done 3 Suite/Pinnacle receptions on Oasis

Dazzles

Heli pad

Suite Lounge

I like Dazzles best

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Dazzles

Heli pad

Suite Lounge

I like Dazzles best

Yes...that's it!  The Heli Pad...silly me calling it "the bow".    No, I didn't look for Jack and Rose out there either.  😉 

And yes...loved the reception in Dazzles for suites!  Thought it was lame one time they did it for an M&M though.  Set up is better in the comedy club for the M&Ms.. ....IMHO.  

Was not really impressed at the suites reception in the SL, so never took part again when it was held there.  Funny thing is the suites reception in the VCL on Rhapsody was actually done very well.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Dazzles

Heli pad

Suite Lounge

I like Dazzles best

I've been out to the helicopter pad. One of those parties for tigers I was invited to. They handed out drinks. Not real comfortable weather imo, but nice to see it. Oasis maybe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Cool!  🙂 

We’ve done that on Oasis Class ships for Suites and Pinnacles. We don’t do “Formal” anymore. 

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes...that's it!  The Heli Pad...silly me calling it "the bow".    No, I didn't look for Jack and Rose out there either.  😉 

And yes...loved the reception in Dazzles for suites!  Thought it was lame one time they did it for an M&M though.  Set up is better in the comedy club for the M&Ms.. ....IMHO.  

Was not really impressed at the suites reception in the SL, so never took part again when it was held there.  Funny thing is the suites reception in the VCL on Rhapsody was actually done very well.    

I like suite reception in Giovanni's on Radiance ships

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've been out to the helicopter pad. One of those parties for tigers I was invited to. They handed out drinks. Not real comfortable weather imo, but nice to see it. Oasis maybe.

Oasis is interesting because its the only way you can go out there. We did one on helipad of Mariner during the Global Odyssey.  That worked better. 

We also did one at night up on the Oasis suite sundeck.  That was a fun one.

• Like 1

We will be at 676 points at the end of 2021, so we will reach Pinnacle sometime in 2022.  If I can find enough price drops to fund a new 12 night cruise sometime in 2021, then we will make it.  Right now the travel budget is max'd and the husband is growling...................and a price drop enough to pay for 12 nights just isn't going to happen!!

Edited by pcur

4 minutes ago, pcur said:

We will be at 676 points at the end of 2021, so we will reach Pinnacle sometime in 2022.  If I can find enough price drops to fund a new 12 night cruise sometime in 2021, then we will make it.  Right now the travel budget is max'd and the husband is growling...................and a price drop enough to pay for 12 nights just isn't going to happen!!

Leave him at home on one of the cruises to maximize your points.🤣😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

My objection to the receptions on the helipad is that there is nowhere to sit.  I stand around for about 10 minutes, get my sour-ass champagne, and leave.

Good point about the seating.  

We like to go to the suite/pinnacle receptions  because if  people stop going, we figure the crusieline will stop holding them.  Going out on Helipad on Oasis class if fun the first time or two.  The receptions have been for a sail away, but often it seems the sail away is delayed. 

Some of the smaller  ships have a really nice suite/pinnacle  party with terrific food. Grandeur/Rhapsody comes to mind.   Maybe because there are so many fewer people invited.  Fewer suites, and often fewer P's. 

Nice of the  crusieline to have these parties. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2