Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

11 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Good Morning John;   Hope you can answer  a question on Pinnacle.  We will make Pinnacle on Allure in Oct. as on a 4 week Back to back.  The normal point  addition comes after completion about 7 days later but  I thought I had read a few months back that Pinnacle level was recognized the cruise while you are on board.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Nancy & Bob  The Villages

2 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

It really depends on the LA and the ship.  We made it on the first leg of a B2B.  Nothing was done the first week but the LA made sure we had the cards and benefits for the second week.  That was on the Freedom six years ag..

I concur, totally up to LA.

We ascended on Oasis, and since we had been on for several weeks, we got a few of the benefits during the cruise. 

Pinnacle lunch, CK access (but we were in a JS anyway), and Barefoot Beach tickets.

10 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Good Morning John;   Hope you can answer  a question on Pinnacle.  We will make Pinnacle on Allure in Oct. as on a 4 week Back to back.  The normal point  addition comes after completion about 7 days later but  I thought I had read a few months back that Pinnacle level was recognized the cruise while you are on board.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Nancy & Bob  The Villages

I am not John but yes you are recognized on board d of the cruise you reach pinnacle. 

if it is not the first week check with the loyalty ambassador and let him/her know the cruise you will reach pinnacle.

I think Liz and I are on 2 of those cruises with you.

-Tim-

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

And CATS😉

You know, I really enjoyed CATS.  My wife went twice.  You are the only other person I've heard say they enjoyed CATS.  When we saw Mama Mia, my only thought was this will kill a couple hours.  I would have preferred a good ABBA cover band. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well thank you for taking away some of the pain I felt clicking on that cancel button.

Perspective is so important right now in life.

Lost a cruise

Lost potential double points

Lowered exposure risk to a pandemic

Won't have to decide what to do about CATS

I think this is what the Ancient Chinese meant by Ying and Yang.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, later said:

I am not John but yes you are recognized on board d of the cruise you reach pinnacle. 

if it is not the first week check with the loyalty ambassador and let him/her know the cruise you will reach pinnacle.

I think Liz and I are on 2 of those cruises with you.

-Tim-

Thanks to all for you input.   Never thought we would get there but the double did the trick.   NANCY & BOB     

TIM WILL HAVE TO CHECK THE DATES LATER WHEN WE START  SAILING AGAIN AND GETS CLOSER.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Domino D said:

You know, I really enjoyed CATS.  My wife went twice.  You are the only other person I've heard say they enjoyed CATS.  When we saw Mama Mia, my only thought was this will kill a couple hours.  I would have preferred a good ABBA cover band. 

When we were on B4B Mama Mia 4 times.  I believe it is the only Royal production that has added sound tracks.  ABBA insisted the contract that instrument that could not be duplicated onboard had to be added.

As for CATS.... we were on B4D and once was enough.

5 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

When we were on B4B Mama Mia 4 times.  I believe it is the only Royal production that has added sound tracks.  ABBA insisted the contract that instrument that could not be duplicated onboard had to be added.

When I did oasis twice, but not b2b it was Hair Spray both times.

9 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Interesting about the sound tracks, I didn't know that.   Yes, I admit I am well in the minority for CATS.

Yes I know it is the discretion of the LA, but quite honestly I’ve never heard of anyone on a back to back or more, not receiving the benefits of the next category on the cruise immediately following the new tier. The LA knows your points going into the cruise, they know that you just completed a certain number of points, and they can do the easy math and print new cards for the new tier and make sure that you receive all the benefits.   Even if you don’t get to  a new tier, this is certainly beneficial to those D+ who reach the level of getting an additional amenity.  

m

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

I think this is what the Ancient Chinese meant by Ying and Yang.

Yin and Yang....it’s one of those words that people like to add a g.....like OranguTAN.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lovelife said:

We turned during an Adventure of the Seas sailing and were recognized on the second night.  The lovely LA gave us our gold cards at the top tier event and we enjoyed the Pin luncheon, etc. the remainder of the week.

Sounds like a great LA.  We got nothing on the first cruise.  On the second of the B2B we got recognized even though we made it on the previous week.

14 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Sounds like a great LA.  We got nothing on the first cruise.  On the second of the B2B we got recognized even though we made it on the previous week.

Same with us when we made D+ (March 2017) on the Jewel. On our second leg the LA was very attentive and made a few calls to our cabin to make sure we were getting the additional perks and made sure we  knew the CL was now open to us. We still preferred the DL. Well worth the wait. 🍷😎👍

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Domino D said:

Please let’s not start a CATS thread. 😇

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Please let’s not start a CATS thread. 😇

I think the OP is a big fan😉

The OP generally has a little leeway on thread direction.

Plus, there's no math🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2