Aft balcony vs Lido deck

coinkc

We are looking at booking on the Caribbean Princess and have the option between a balcony on the Baja deck that overlooks the back of the boat or a Lido deck balcony towards the front of the ship.  Would love to hear pros and cons of the aft balconies from people who have stayed in those rooms.  Thanks for any insight you can give!

Some love the aft balconies and others don't like them at all. There is some vibration from the engines and there is "noise" from the wake. We like the location. Lido balconies are a great location depending on what you like to do. Quick access to all the Lido things such as pools, bars, and buffet. Since they are forward and up high some don't like the location due to the increased motion of the ship.

We've stayed in both Lido balconies and aft balconies. We were happy with both locations but my wife really loved looking out at the wake from our balcony.

• Like 1

We were in this same position and decided to book C-753 on CB.    We will have C752 on the Crown a couple months later and I am hoping these rooms will be a good choice! We had an aft on RCI on one occasion and enjoyed it!  Now...I am just hoping this cruise (11-2021) is a go and we will feel safe enough to cruise!

1 hour ago, Set to go said:

We were in this same position and decided to book C-753 on CB.    We will have C752 on the Crown a couple months later and I am hoping these rooms will be a good choice! We had an aft on RCI on one occasion and enjoyed it!  Now...I am just hoping this cruise (11-2021) is a go and we will feel safe enough to cruise!

Love the aft corners!  Crown C752 is a winner, CB C753 just the same but reversed.

Crown C752 balcony:

IMG_2629.thumb.JPG.035d35a78f8e98a3e4da13477de0a862.JPG

Edited by Ferd Berfle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We have been in aft balconies (our go to) and have been in the very

front Lido balcony. The Lido balcony is ENORMOUS! However, the negative

is that the railing is metal and blocks any view unless you stand up.

6 hours ago, cruisingthomas said:

We had C753  on the CP (aft corner with rounded balcony). Love it. Would book it again.

That's the photo I posted just the opposite corner,

Edited by Ferd Berfle

If you choose an aft-facing balcony, try to get one on the corner as pictured in post #9.  Check a photo of the stern of the ship you're booking.  In Grand Class ships, there are metal beams which can block your view.  I've borrowed this photo of Caribbean P. to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.  The cabins next to the corners have a beam smack in the middle of the balcony.  When you look out from your room, you'll have a divided view.  

Personally, we book aft-facing cabins every chance we get.  For the view and the lack of wind!

Aft+Balconies+-+Caribbean+Princess.jpg

Edited by BabsinTX
  • Like 1