8 Day Cruise

Butterbean1000

I’m on a 11 day Alaska cruise from San Francisco in September 2021. Canada is closed to tourists. I’m aware of the CDC order of no cruises longer than 7 days. I’m hoping things will change by then. I’m aware that things can change from one day to the next. 

Let’s stay hopefull. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

Is carnival ever going to let us know about the 8 day sailings in January ?  they should understand people have to make all kinds of plans if they are going to outright cancel they should be letting us know  I mean they already have our money and should show some respect to they're loyal customers dont you think? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 64funwhisper said:

Is carnival ever going to let us know about the 8 day sailings in January ?  they should understand people have to make all kinds of plans if they are going to outright cancel they should be letting us know  I mean they already have our money and should show some respect to they're loyal customers dont you think? 

You're 100% correct. Having said that there's NO Chance your cruise is sailing. You should be working on that assumption.

Even though we all know the 8 day cruises are not a “go” it would be really nice to have the official word from Carnival so that those of us who want to rebook can do so with hopefully the typical OBC that Carnival has been offering. Plus there are flights, hotels, transfers, etc. to deal with. Why the delay if Carnival indeed knows what is happening in 2021?!  But maybe they are trying to figure out 7 day cruises as some ships, such as the Horizon out of Miami, alternate 8 and 6 day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Even though we all know the 8 day cruises are not a “go” it would be really nice to have the official word from Carnival so that those of us who want to rebook can do so with hopefully the typical OBC that Carnival has been offering. Plus there are flights, hotels, transfers, etc. to deal with. Why the delay if Carnival indeed knows what is happening in 2021?!  But maybe they are trying to figure out 7 day cruises as some ships, such as the Horizon out of Miami, alternate 8 and 6 day. 

Logistically there's no way January cruises can happen.

12 hours ago, cellfree said:

I realize that but if i want to rebook my cancelled January cruise i want to use the $ that is sitting there and the OBC that is hopefully offered. 

This may sound harsh...but Carnival does not care about you, or about me, or about any other passenger.  It's a "for profit" business and if holding on to your money as long as possible works for them, they really don't care about your other responsibilities and obligations.

21 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I honestly do think Carnival is hoping people cancel their cruise without penalties; vs them canceling us with OBC

Do not see Carnival doing an 8 day in Feb 2021.

Edited by rjrice1

On 10/31/2020 at 2:31 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

We have an 8 day cruise booked for the end of February 2021. I wonder what Carnival will do, cancel the cruise or shorten it to a 7 day.  I know a lot can happen between now and then, I just hate the thought of our 3rd rescheduled cruise being canceled on a technically.

They will probably just make it a 7 day, to be CDC compliant.  If it was later in the year, then there would have been a good chance that the CDC would have lifted those restrictions, due to mass distribution of several successful vaccines.

13 hours ago, travelhound said:

They will probably just make it a 7 day, to be CDC compliant.  If it was later in the year, then there would have been a good chance that the CDC would have lifted those restrictions, due to mass distribution of several successful vaccines.

Not counting on cruising at all.  

On 11/18/2020 at 8:27 AM, travelhound said:

John mentioned this morning in his talk that they had not made any decisions regarding 8 day cruises yet.  One thing is certain, there will not be any 8 day cruises until the cdc says so.

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

John mentioned this morning in his talk that they had not made any decisions regarding 8 day cruises yet.  One thing is certain, there will not be any 8 day cruises until the cdc says so.

It's even more than that. Each cruiseline was forced to remove them from their website and cant sell them in order to get the conditional sail. 

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It's even more than that. Each cruiseline was forced to remove them from their website and cant sell them in order to get the conditional sail. 

I'm not so certain about the accuracy of that statement.

I expect that 8 day cruises will become 7....with disembarkation one day and embarkation the next.  Similarly, 5 will become 4.   The day in between for sanitation.  

Embarking passengers will not be allowed in the terminal on disembarkation day.

It would limit possible transmission from longshore, taxis, shuttles, and buses.

This is my personal opinion.

David

P.S.  So what about my airfare?  Will CCL pick up the tab for changing my flight or pay for a day in a hotel? 

On 11/17/2020 at 11:17 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

This may sound harsh...but Carnival does not care about you, or about me, or about any other passenger.  It's a "for profit" business and if holding on to your money as long as possible works for them, they really don't care about your other responsibilities and obligations.

It does sound harsh.  Carnival is no different than any other cruise line or travel business. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

I expect that 8 day cruises will become 7....with disembarkation one day and embarkation the next.  Similarly, 5 will become 4.   The day in between for sanitation.  

Embarking passengers will not be allowed in the terminal on disembarkation day.

It would limit possible transmission from longshore, taxis, shuttles, and buses.

This is my personal opinion.

David

P.S.  So what about my airfare?  Will CCL pick up the tab for changing my flight or pay for a day in a hotel? 

Insurance is the answer, but all airlines are cooperating.  

Edited by jimbo5544