Hot of the press! I see no cruising until 2022

Greg4502

6 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Looks like this man

image.jpeg.a52e4af7b08ca69f47bff51894893cdc.jpeg

We saw them on the Liberty. They were in the opening night show & pretty good. As I recall though, she struggled that night as she clearly sounded muffled, not sure if it was her mic or whatt. But she sounded like she had marbles in her mouth. But she had on a beautiful blue dress. On the other hand he was brilliant. His funniest line was, "I did not text that woman." The place erupted in laughter.   Good times! 

• Haha 3

On 12/23/2020 at 6:01 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I believe they are husband and wife singers .I still cannot recall his name.

I recognize him now.That is William Steamboat but that is not his wife.His wife is Billary Steamboat.I believe the woman in the picture is his sister Jezebel.

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2020 at 12:07 AM, Greg4502 said:

A Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. ship on a four-day pleasure trip was forced to return to port in Singapore and confine passengers to their cabins after a positive Covid-19 case was identified, showing the challenges of reviving cruise travel while the pandemic continues.

Passengers Stuck on Royal Caribbean Ship After Covid Case (msn.com)

Quantum is now on it's Christmas cruise :classic_rolleyes:

https://www.*****.com/2020/12/25/quantum-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-2-sea-day

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

CC blocks direct links to that site.

Thanks Biker19 but there is enough info to get you to that site 🙂 my comment was in direct relation to topic heading sprooking that no cruising till 2022 , but there is RCI already cruising in 2020 . MerryXmas & Happy New Year 😇

On 12/9/2020 at 8:07 AM, Greg4502 said:

A Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. ship on a four-day pleasure trip was forced to return to port in Singapore and confine passengers to their cabins after a positive Covid-19 case was identified, showing the challenges of reviving cruise travel while the pandemic continues.

Passengers Stuck on Royal Caribbean Ship After Covid Case (msn.com)

I really don't see this as a reason cruising will be stalled until 2022.  Vaccines will put things on the right course before the middle of the year.  I do see proof of vaccine being a requirement for boarding for the immediate future.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:59 PM, bcwife76 said:

We've had a mandatory 14 day quarantine in Canada since the end of March if you come back home from outside of the country. Fresh air only on your property, all food and medications must be delivered, you CANNOT leave your home unless it's for medical appointments. We don't work from home so we've only traveled within Canada (heck, only within BC) since March (and no where since August). So ready for the vaccines ....they start doling them out here next week.

Unfortunately, the "mandatory" 14 day quarantine in Canada is largely a paper tiger.  There are a lot of people exempt from the 14 day period which largely renders it meaningless.  If they had actually mandated a strict 14 day quarantine, I don't think we'd have the numbers in Canada we do now.

On 12/22/2020 at 2:21 PM, ReneeFLL said:

And where's your proof?

Richard Fain, WSJ, Crains, Arnold Donald, investor times, Bloomberg, Deutsche Bank .
Or any respectable financial publication that has been tracking the leisure travel segment regarding bailouts, funding, loans ect.  

On 12/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, Alnursu said:

Well said! People think that once you get the vaccine everything goew back to normal as you said its only the start of a long road.

By making it manatory to be vaccinated in order to board a cruise ship it seems to be realistic at this stage that by Q4 2022 we will see half ways normal cruises again but still certain restrictions might continue to apply. A lot will tell once we find out more how effective the vaccination actually is in reality and also how long does it last until you need to be vaccinated again etc. Hence, as you mentioned, it's still a long road ahead of us that might allow us to speed up or slow down getting back to a new normal.

8 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

This all assumes that the cruise lines can survive this long before going bankrupt.

All of the major U.S. legacy airlines went through bankruptcy not too many years ago, and they're still flying.  Bankruptcy just allows them to shed debts.  Of course the cruise lines aren't all U.S. companies, so I don't know how it would work for them.  I'm rather surprised that it hasn't already been tried by at least some of them.

On 12/23/2020 at 2:44 PM, lenquixote66 said:

My parents knew how much I wanted one and never bought it.

The mall in my area has a Nostalgia store ,if I ever get there again I may just see if I they sell them.

Here you go. You can order from the comfort of your home. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0149MC426/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_glc_fabc_gjh6Fb0AC1GJV

42 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

The OP stated no cruises till 2022....well if that is the case you can just about forget cruising....NO WAY can they lose revenue for that much longer.

At least for most parts of the world it is realistically not possible to commence cruising currently and unless things will be significantly better by summer (compared to last summer as well), we will not see a significant restart until then.