[THREAD] Tracking Princess ship movements and restarts (Winter 2020 onwards)

snoozecrooze

On 12/17/2020 at 1:37 PM, DavidsNana said:

I am in San Diego and plan to go down to the port here to see the Emerald on the 24th if that schedule is kept.

Just wanted to share with you another article that might be of good info for you in your shipspotting adventures: https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24081-port-of-san-diego-expecting-technical-calls-from-six-ships.html

All ships will be docking at the B Street Cruise Terminal. I don't have knowledge of what the exact times will be (other than what's already mentioned as tentative). Emerald is also slated to leave the same day it arrives, on the 24th. It is currently scheduled to arrive in SD at 6:45AM local. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Never thought it would get to where I get excited to see the ship moving somewhere even if it isn't full of passengers leaving port.  We will wait patiently until April 18th when we board the Caribbean Princess for a short 6-day Western Caribbean and then book a "longer" 7-day Eastern Caribbean after that.

• Like 1

Here they are! Both Grand and Majestic sliding into San Pedro one after another. A great sight to behold after Princess ships last appeared on the West Coast roughly 9 months ago. 

Other significant moments to anticipate: (all local time mentioned)

- Emerald will dock in San Diego on December 24. It is then scheduled to leave for San Pedro the same day.

Royal, as already mentioned in prior posts, will arrive in San Pedro on December 26.

- Ruby, as already mentioned in prior posts, will arrive in San Pedro on on December 27.

- Crown is currently headed for Singapore from Manila. It is scheduled to arrive on December 28 for a two-week wet dock in January, which I've since learned, is not necessarily for anything particular because of limited and unpredictable supply of resources. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, snoozecrooze said:

Here they are! Both Grand and Majestic sliding into San Pedro one after another. A great sight to behold after Princess ships last appeared on the West Coast roughly 9 months ago. 

Other significant moments to anticipate: (all local time mentioned)

- Emerald will dock in San Diego on December 24. It is then scheduled to leave for San Pedro the same day.

Royal, as already mentioned in prior posts, will arrive in San Pedro on December 26.

- Ruby, as already mentioned in prior posts, will arrive in San Pedro on on December 27.

- Crown is currently headed for Singapore from Manila. It is scheduled to arrive on December 28 for a two-week wet dock in January, which I've since learned, is not necessarily for anything particular because of limited and unpredictable supply of resources. 

Just have to express my thanks once again for all of your hard work in keeping us all in the loop on all of this. 

You're the BEST!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

Crown is currently headed for Singapore from Manila. It is scheduled to arrive on December 28 for a two-week wet dock in January, which I've since learned, is not necessarily for anything particular because of limited and unpredictable supply of resources

Hopefully they'll dress her up a bit. Some of the aft elevator interiors looked really tired when we sailed on her last February, with peeling/torn gold foil contact paper on the panels and doors.

First off, Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanzaa to all of you. For those who celebrated Hanukkah this year, Chag sameach! (even though this is very late, so I apologize). And for those who do not celebrate any or are irreligious, I hope you've been having a healthy week thus far and wish you a happy new year!

Here's Emerald coming and going in San Diego on Christmas Eve. I took this from the San Diego Webcam and sped it up 20x:

It turns out she will not be heading for LA as previously reported and will, instead, be drifting along with other Carnival Corp. sister ships just off the Ensenada coast. They are all expected to enter port in LA/SD once in a while to restock on resources. 

(West coast map, labeled by me, sourced from cruisemapper.com)

image.thumb.png.1eea4f024bb54afe095bc59ec6170422.png

Other things to note:

- Caribbean Princess reentered Port Everglades on Christmas Eve, but has since traveled back out to sea

- Coral Princess is expected to arrive at Port Everglades on December 28.

- Royal Princess is expected to arrive at San Pedro on December 26 and Ruby on the 27th.

On 12/23/2020 at 6:18 PM, CineGraphic said:

Hopefully they'll dress her up a bit. Some of the aft elevator interiors looked really tired when we sailed on her last February, with peeling/torn gold foil contact paper on the panels and doors.

I would hope they could, but I'm actually hoping more that they find a better, more reliable material altogether that doesn't look so cheap and chintzy and also, not peel. Like either make it shiny metal without the coating or something matte; I'm no expert but these are just what came to my mind first. But regardless, I don't expect them to do much with the ship given that finances are iffy and the ship isn't even expected to restart until way later.

• Like 2

Snoozecrooze and ddr your picture and video are better than mine but here it is anyway.  I went down to the port here in San Diego on Wed. to see the Koningsdam and Thursday to see the Emerald Princess.  Here are pictures of both even though I know this is the Princess board.  I noted that the Emerald Princess is showing the need of some exterior painting/maintenance due to the extended time at sea with probably little rust remediation.  She is showing lots of rust around all her hatches and the anchor housings.  But she still looks very inviting.  My late husband and I were only on her once, multiple times on other Princess Ships.  I can't wait to sail again after I have my vaccine.  Hope these come out OK it is the first time I have attempted to load pictures here.2079002702_12-23242020ShipsSanDiego002.thumb.JPG.e4861fd7c26e27c2d763a8ac7dca646c.JPG188876499_12-23242020ShipsSanDiego006.thumb.JPG.a4ca6b8ff9a6db55abad3e30705f90d4.JPG

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Snoozecrooze and ddr your picture and video are better than mine but here it is anyway. 

Absolutely not, your pictures are great! It's awesome to see a ship from so close up, since most ports here in America actually make it so difficult to walk up and be able to gawk at them like this. I agree Emerald (and sister vessels) could use a repainting, but I definitely understand the nature of the current circumstances that make that prohibitive; however, instead of simply repainting, I actually wish Princess would seek out a new paint vendor altogether because it seems their ships always rust at a seemingly faster rate (subjective perspective, of course)

I send my thoughts and well wishes to you this holiday season and also join you in your excitement in anticipation of what's to come in the new year. Thank you for contributing to the adventures of this thread.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 12:47 AM, snoozecrooze said:

drifting along with other Carnival Corp. sister ships just off the Ensenada coast.

Based on MarineTraffic that also applies to Majestic which shows departed from LA on 12/23 at 1859 for International Waters & is currently drifting there off the Baja coast.

Edited by Astro Flyer

On 12/25/2020 at 12:47 AM, snoozecrooze said:

First off, Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanzaa to all of you. For those who celebrated Hanukkah this year, Chag sameach! (even though this is very late, so I apologize). And for those who do not celebrate any or are irreligious, I hope you've been having a healthy week thus far and wish you a happy new year!

Here's Emerald coming and going in San Diego on Christmas Eve. I took this from the San Diego Webcam and sped it up 20x:

It turns out she will not be heading for LA as previously reported and will, instead, be drifting along with other Carnival Corp. sister ships just off the Ensenada coast. They are all expected to enter port in LA/SD once in a while to restock on resources. 

(West coast map, labeled by me, sourced from cruisemapper.com)

image.thumb.png.1eea4f024bb54afe095bc59ec6170422.png

Other things to note:

- Caribbean Princess reentered Port Everglades on Christmas Eve, but has since traveled back out to sea

- Coral Princess is expected to arrive at Port Everglades on December 28.

- Royal Princess is expected to arrive at San Pedro on December 26 and Ruby on the 27th.

I would hope they could, but I'm actually hoping more that they find a better, more reliable material altogether that doesn't look so cheap and chintzy and also, not peel. Like either make it shiny metal without the coating or something matte; I'm no expert but these are just what came to my mind first. But regardless, I don't expect them to do much with the ship given that finances are iffy and the ship isn't even expected to restart until way later.

I wonder if these ships arriving have a full complement of crew or just the crew needed for operations. 

Tom😀

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Royal Princess shows arriving in LA at 0646 this morning & is currently docked at B92 behind the battleship USS Iowa.

01156AF5-3938-429E-B9DD-B174200D1DCF.jpeg

Interesting as the bridge camera says it’s still in Manila November 17th. 

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

Interesting as the bridge camera says it’s still in Manila November 17th. 

Another example of how MarineTraffic can be more accurate which shows Royal Princess departed from LA at 1756 yesterday after being docked for 11:10 & is currently drifting off the Baja coast with the Majestic Princess & HAL’s Koningsdam in international waters.

527F1884-DD6C-460C-A858-98C66A00F19F.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer