Bonus points for 2021 sailings

Fast route to Diamond --  Solo passenger book a suite on 12 Dec 21 Anthem.  72 points in one cruise.

Or better yet - the Barbados 14 nighter on 20 Feb -- 96 points.

I'll bet i could do Platinum for under $25K with a good travel agent.

Edited by gmerick
Better idea.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Fast route to Diamond --  Solo passenger book a suite on 12 Dec 21 Anthem.  72 points in one cruise.

Or better yet - the Barbados 14 nighter on 20 Feb -- 96 points.

I'll bet i could do Platinum for under $25K with a good travel agent.

I’m assuming that you meant Pinnacle and not Platinum.

Cheaper to go solo in an inside than the suite route.  You’ll also find group rates on the insides that you won’t on the suites.

25 seven day cruises solo in an inside gets you to 700 points.

Liberty out of Galveston Sept through March is the best pricing taking a break over Christmas and New Years would do it for around 30k

while you may find the odd cruise that is a better deal the flights will quickly add up.  Cheaper in the long run to stick with one ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to that post, I started doing some math...

1. You can get to diamond in 3 cruises (inside solo) with this bonus.

2.  It took me nine years to get to diamond (I'm still a working stiff so only two cruises per year at best).

3.  I think this reinforces that I will never make pinnacle.   Diamond+ is within reach.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I got an e-mail from RCI today. Double points are now offered for cruises booked through June 30, 2021 for departures through Sept 30, 2022.

My sister mentioned the same, but I don't see the FAQs updated on the double points promotion.  Is this targeted or applies to all?  

7 minutes ago, daninwi said:

My sister mentioned the same, but I don't see the FAQs updated on the double points promotion.  Is this targeted or applies to all?  

Any booking on any sailing with the dates I mentioned is what my e-mail says. Maybe the website is not updated yet.

Maybe @Ourusualbeach can verify?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, daninwi said:

Applies to all.  Royal is notorious for being late to update parts of its website. 

here is the thread started today with the updates

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Any booking on any sailing with the dates I mentioned is what my e-mail says. Maybe the website is not updated yet.

Maybe @Ourusualbeach can verify?

Just saw the FAQs updated:

The double points offer is exclusive to our most loyal guests, the Crown & Anchor Society members! Members will receive double Cruise Points on bookings made through June 30, 2021 for sailings departing January 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022.

Its official!  Appreciate the opportunity and new flexibility  

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I got an e-mail from RCI today. Double points are now offered for cruises booked through June 30, 2021 for departures through Sept 30, 2022.

Thanks so much for posting. Now my April & July 2022 bookings are included too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Could someone confirm please that it’s 3 points a night if your in a suite with this promotion.

it is double what it would have been without the promotion, so if you are in a suite where you normally get 2 points each per night (assumes two or more in the cabin), you will get 4 points each per night.

If you you are solo in a suite, you will get 6 points per night.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

it is double what it would have been without the promotion, so if you are in a suite where you normally get 2 points each per night (assumes two or more in the cabin), you will get 4 points each per night.

If you you are solo in a suite, you will get 6 points per night.

Folks seem to have trouble with the word double😇

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

On a related note- how is the weather for US cruises in Sept?  We usually go in the winter.  I did one for my bday in October, and fortunately the hurricane missed us, but it caused me plenty of worry!

Hurricane season in the Gulf of Mexico is July thru October. Living in Houston all my life tells me that August & Sept typically have the most storms. Having said this, the ships typically just manuever around them, although a port might missed. Really the biggest issue is if a storm is landing at or near the port on the same timeline of when the cruise starts/stops. 

On 1/18/2021 at 12:54 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m assuming that you meant Pinnacle and not Platinum.

Cheaper to go solo in an inside than the suite route.  You’ll also find group rates on the insides that you won’t on the suites.

25 seven day cruises solo in an inside gets you to 700 points.

Liberty out of Galveston Sept through March is the best pricing taking a break over Christmas and New Years would do it for around 30k

while you may find the odd cruise that is a better deal the flights will quickly add up.  Cheaper in the long run to stick with one ship. 

So using this example... an inside cabin sailing solo under the new plan gets one how points per night?    Two? or Three?

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

So using this example... an inside cabin sailing solo under the new plan gets one how points per night?    Two? or Three?

Four

Normal would be 1(two guests)

Solo is double that so 2 and this new promotion double the 2 for a total of 4

If they are in a true studio cabin that only accomadates one guest then they would only get 2 points.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1