Suite tipping!

i’m going to assume that you’re not speaking of having a suite with Jeannie. 

The daily auto  gratuities of suites is  slightly higher than those of a standard cabin. It is a couple of dollars per day per person more

Tipping  extra is always at your discretion  regardless of accommodations.  

Many  tip for the drinks received in the suite lounge. Some tip per drink, some per night and some at the end of the cruise.  Again, tipping and tipping method is at your discretion.   If you plan to use the lounge every night and provide gratuities to the server  it probably doesn’t matter which tipping method you use. If you only use it a couple times per cruise, then per drink or per night is probably easiest.  That way, if you had not planned to be there on the last evening, you don’t need to stop in and find your servers. 

enjoy. 

• Like 1

We used to tip at the end of the cruise for the bar staff, as not to have to carry a bunch of $1s around. But we found that the staff gives you more attention when you tip per drink (which doesn't mean they gave poor attention when you don't tip up front). Though we still tip a bit more at the end anyway.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The STAR Mafia will berate you if you don't overtip their beloved genies. 😉

I'm ashamed that I fell for it. Hey, but its only money.🤣🤣

Our first STAR class cruise has now been moved to November. I have been reading about “genie tipping” on the FB STAR page. Not sure that I agree with everything written there. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Our first STAR class cruise has now been moved to November. I have been reading about “genie tipping” on the FB STAR page. Not sure that I agree with everything written there. 

With a few exceptions,  they're a cult over there.🤣🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Hey, bartenders are your best friend if you have the package. 

Honestly though, thete is a little more to cruising experience than the bartenders and servers. That's what I was getting at

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly though, thete is a little more to cruising experience than the bartenders and servers. That's what I was getting at

I agree with that however, it’s nice when they have your drink ready for you when you walk up. Gives more time to enjoy that cruise experience. 

• Like 2

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree with that however, it’s nice when they have your drink ready for you when you walk up. Gives more time to enjoy that cruise experience. 

My issue is I hate when they bring me drinks I didn't order. Never ends well.😉🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My issue is I hate when they bring me drinks I didn't order. Never ends well.😉🤣🤣

Starts out fantastic though.

My best SL experience was on Adventure a few years back.  Obviously they have a limited selection of liquors, but the bartender would go find whatever you wanted (within reason of course) and keep the bottle hidden for you all week. I assume that was against the rules but he got tipped quite well:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Starts out fantastic though.

My best SL experience was on Adventure a few years back.  Obviously they have a limited selection of liquors, but the bartender would go find whatever you wanted (within reason of course) and keep the bottle hidden for you all week. I assume that was against the rules but he got tipped quite well:)

DH was wondering... Do they do mixed drinks in the SL?  He loves a good old fashioned.  If they can't do them, we're contemplating bringing his favorite premade Old Fashioned mixer...  It has everything in it, just add it to the booze, and a perfect old fashioned 🙂

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

DH was wondering... Do they do mixed drinks in the SL?  He loves a good old fashioned.  If they can't do them, we're contemplating bringing his favorite premade Old Fashioned mixer...  It has everything in it, just add it to the booze, and a perfect old fashioned 🙂

Sure, they do mixed drinks. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Oasis ships do cocktails from around 4-8

Officially 4:30 - 8:00, but it kind of starts early.

Beer and wine from 11:30 am till 11pm

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am doing my first RCI suite, next year.  Should I tip extra, beyond standard tips 🙂😉 

Standard gratuity is higher for suites, you may want to tip concierge if they do a few things for you , we always tip our room steward extra. There is one major problem with suites, you will never wants standard cabin, again. Have done many grand suites and one owners suite, enjoy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

The cabin attendant, the servers - those folks get my $ and it makes me feel good to over tip them.  I can't imagine the folks they have to deal with!!!

Exactly my thoughts.  Add to that list is a few favorite bartenders.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Just one suggestion though, pack lots of ones!  That way you don't have to try to break money later to get more.

Going to the bank and getting a $100 in singles is part of my precruise ritual. 

• Like 2

The "tip" they charge to your account daily is larger than for a JS or lower....so you're covered.  If  you pester your cabin attendant a lot, then certainly, you should give them a bit extra.  But, if they're doing their normal duties, no extra is expected or warranted.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, George C said:

There is one major problem with suites, you will never wants standard cabin, again. 

Yup. Totally agree.

Oh, and don't fly first class.

We didn't land in time from Sydney to LA. The next flight only had seats available in first class. We sat down, I looked at John and said "you just created a monster."

Happy wife happy life.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

Standard gratuity is higher for suites, you may want to tip concierge if they do a few things for you , we always tip our room steward extra. There is one major problem with suites, you will never wants standard cabin, again. Have done many grand suites and one owners suite, enjoy.

Yes, I am 100% sure I’ll never go back to a normal balcony again 🙂. We know we’re going to use the concierge for a few things, but not like 100 picky things...  do you think $20 would be too cheapy?