Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just laughing at the e-mustering using a cellphone app??!!  Loads of people don't have a cellphone.  I would have thought doing muster on the TV would be a lot better.

But it is Singapore we are talking about here. You really can't live in Singapore these days without a smart phone.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

The official Gov doc uses the word all but also uses hope alot!!

Step 4, no earlier than 21 June:

It is hoped all legal limits on social contact can be removed.

We hope to reopen nightclubs, and lift restrictions on large events and performances that apply in Step 3.

This will also guide decisions on whether all limits can be removed on weddings and other life events.

Huge difference between hope, most and all 🙂

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But it is Singapore we are talking about here. You really can't live in Singapore these days without a smart phone.

I was talking yesterday about ‘living with it’ may mean that we have to change our behaviour. Accepting that a smartphone is an everyday necessity might be one of the changes we need to make 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

The euromillions jackpot  is supposed to be the biggest ever tonight and I think it has to be won or be absorbed into lower prizes, win that buy your own ship.

Thanks for the tip! won £95.80, 4 numbers plus one star and two numbers.First time.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Thanks for the tip! won £95.80, 4 numbers plus one star and two numbers.First time.

Rub it in, why don't you !

We spent all of £10, and were planning our move to Sandbanks,  but for some reason we haven't heard anything yet.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

That’s the normal payout for those numbers. The jackpot doesn’t roll down until the main prize has gone for four draws at maximum without being won. 

• Thanks 1

If the point of mustering is to keep us safe, then surely we need to be active rather than passive. Like most of you, I regard it as a necessary nuisance but the one muster which impressed me most was on Marco Polo when we actually had to wear our jackets, form a line touching the person in front of us and walk out on deck. After over 20 cruises, it was quite a timely reminder of what could happen. 

• Like 2

Comparing RCCL to CUK is like comparing chalk and cheese.  RCCL has thrown bags of money at all of their 'new' ships over the years with a variety of technologies and gimmicks, all of which are geared toward their target demographic which is typically young to middle age couples and families.

They've been churning out new ships at a frantic pace, all of which have had more bells and whistles than the last, whereas CUK (and CCL in general) have kept things pretty basic as the biggest technological marvels on the likes of Britannia as compared to Azura is the lack of a wrap around exterior promenade deck and a missing midships staircase beyond deck 7 😆.

Even Princess' introduction of their 'Medallion' concept was borrowed technology from theme parks (see Disney) and even that took a massive amount of infrastructure improvement to achieve the desired effect as a result of requiring a more robust onboard Wi-Fi system, which we all know is the weakest point on virtually all ships.

I don't see there being any earth shattering changes apart from limiting touch points where possible, as well as the already widely discussed protocols such as capacity limits, distancing, and limited excursion options. 

Edited by Captain_Morgan
typo

24 minutes ago, Captain_Morgan said:

Comparing RCCL to CUK is like comparing chalk and cheese.  RCCL has thrown bags of money at all of their 'new' ships over the years with a variety of technologies and gimmicks, all of which are geared toward their target demographic which is typically young to middle age couples and families.

They've been churning out new ships at a frantic pace, all of which have had more bells and whistles than the last, whereas CUK (and CCL in general) have kept things pretty basic as the biggest technological marvels on the likes of Britannia as compared to Azura is the lack of a wrap around exterior promenade deck and a missing midships staircase beyond deck 7 😆.

Even Princess' introduction of their 'Medallion' concept was borrowed technology from theme parks (see Disney) and even that took a massive amount of infrastructure improvement to achieve the desired effect as a result of requiring a more robust onboard Wi-Fi system, which we all know is the weakest point on virtually all ships.

I don't see there being any earth shattering changes apart from limiting touch points where possible, as well as the already widely discussed protocols such as capacity limits, distancing, and limited excursion options. 

Reading between the lines, I guess you aren't P&O's greatest fan

50 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

The road map says 17th May at the earliest though, not 21st June. 

The road map says step 3 to operate at least 5 weeks after step 2 but no earlier then the 17th May.

Step 3- 30 persons limited to meet outside and people will be able to mix socially in a group of 6 inside

Step 4 -to operate at least 5 weeks after step 3 but no earlier then 21st June.

So at this date 21st June, the 30 person outdoor and the 6 person indoor regulation will still be in place

So it necessarily follows that this is the earliest date possible and all contracts up to it are therefore Frustrated!

43 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

The road map says step 3 to operate at least 5 weeks after step 2 but no earlier then the 17th May.

Step 3- 30 persons limited to meet outside and people will be able to mix socially in a group of 6 inside

Step 4 -to operate at least 5 weeks after step 3 but no earlier then 21st June.

So at this date 21st June, the 30 person outdoor and the 6 person indoor regulation will still be in place

So it necessarily follows that this is the earliest date possible and all contracts up to it are therefore Frustrated!

The indoor and outdoor limits refers to one group of people who are there together. If it meant just a random gathering of people who don't know each other, places like theatres, cinemas, sports stadiums etc wouldn't be able to open either and they're also pencilled in before 21st June. 

There has just been confirmation that Reading and Leeds festival will be going ahead (August bank holiday). 

if 100,000 drunk music fans can gather together, this to me says cruises will be starting before then! 

8 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

There has just been confirmation that Reading and Leeds festival will be going ahead (August bank holiday). 

if 100,000 drunk music fans can gather together, this to me says cruises will be starting before then! 

Total difference between 10,000 in an open air environment,  compared to 5,000 crammed into a ship. 

• Like 3

Just now, wowzz said:

Total difference between 10,000 in an open air environment,  compared to 5,000 crammed into a ship. 

100,000. Festivals are crammed, shared dirty toilets, jammed together watching bands, sharing drinks. 

I’m not comparing the two, I’m saying if they are going ahead, surely cruises can with processes in place 

1 minute ago, Glitterati said:

100,000. Festivals are crammed, shared dirty toilets, jammed together watching bands, sharing drinks. 

I’m not comparing the two, I’m saying if they are going ahead, surely cruises can with processes in place 

With only 10,000 in place, compared to the 75,000 Leeds would normally expect, people will hardly be crammed together! 

In all honesty, I can't see how the festival is financially viable with so few people. 

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I have never been to any music festival, but from viewing them on TV I have to say I have never seen passengers on a cruise ship crammed together in the same way as festival goers. Agreed they are always outdoors, but there must still be a far higher chance of infection spreading than on any cruise I have been on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I have never been to any music festival, but from viewing them on TV I have to say I have never seen passengers on a cruise ship crammed together in the same way as festival goers. Agreed they are always outdoors, but there must still be a far higher chance of infection spreading than on any cruise I have been on.

Television angles tend to foreshorten visual perspectives, so people are not as crammed in as they appear. 

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Television angles tend to foreshorten visual perspectives, so people are not as crammed in as they appear. 

Been to many large festivals over the years and "sardines" springs to mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

When they show images of "crammed" beach fronts i agree with what your saying,birds eye view will show a lot of spaces,at a festival it's totally different.

1 hour ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

The indoor and outdoor limits refers to one group of people who are there together. If it meant just a random gathering of people who don't know each other, places like theatres, cinemas, sports stadiums etc wouldn't be able to open either and they're also pencilled in before 21st June. 

Sorry, do not agree, also getting bored, there's no gain for me!