2022-2023 Australia/New Zealand + 2023 Coral Princess World Cruise Brochure out!

snoozecrooze

Princess's 2022-2023 Australia & New Zealand season AND 2023 Coral Princess World Cruise PDF brochure is here!

NOTE: I'm pretty sure all prices are in AUD. Tread carefully. According to the brochure, all info is correct as of February 12, 2021.

HIGHLIGHTS:

• Majestic and Royal will be the two main Sydney-based ships
  • Grand will be in Melbourne, marking a first 
  • Coral will sail the 2023 WC (emphasis on Europe, with trips to Iceland & Greenland)
    • will also do special Hawaii trips from SYD/BNE and Round Australia

The only repositioning cruises pictured are Royal's jaunts between HKG and Australia, as expected, since she seems poised to become the main vessel cruising from Taiwan in the summers. Read the very fine print near the end of the booklet for the transpacifics.

For comparison's sake, Sapphire and Emerald (scheduled to sail in AU+NZ for '21-'22) have been swapped out for Majestic and Grand. 

====================================

My predictions for the rest of the Northern Hemisphere Fall/Winter '22-'23 deployments -- this includes Caribbean, West Coast/Hawaii, and South America/Antarctica:

• I think it will be almost identical to what's been posted for '21-'22.
    • Notes:
      • Diamond most likely won't return to Japan in the winters like she used to before the pandemic, so I think she returns to South America.
      • Discovery becomes the main LA Royal-class ship since Majestic leaves
      • Emerald returns to do round-trip Panama Canal trips regularly
      • Sapphire will take the place of Grand from LA (e.g. 15-day Hawaiis, 10-day Sea of Cortez, etc) 
  • Summer 2023 should also be identical to summer 2022 as well. Princess has very little room to budge globally until they get more ships, point blank.
    • Notes:
      • This means Majestic and Grand are doing the Australia <--> America transpacifics for the Alaska season (already confirmed by this booklet).
Edited by snoozecrooze
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I heard that Sapphire will be the ship in South America in 2022-2023, although Princess hasn't announced this yet.

We're booked on Sapphire early in 2022 - January - but unsure if the cruises will happen since they are down under. We're also booked on Sapphire in May of 2022 for Alaska.

7 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I heard that Sapphire will be the ship in South America in 2022-2023, although Princess hasn't announced this yet.

Hey @Cruise Wonderland, I welcome and trust your expertise in Princess deployment intel. Sapphire, Emerald, and Diamond were all interchangeable to me (and felt like the most susceptible to unpredictable change). So if Sapphire is headed for South America, that means Diamond probably will go back to Japan for the winters after all. And Emerald will either have to take over the LA trips (as mentioned above) or do Panama Canal round-trip voyages. OR Diamond will take over the LA trips and won't go back to Japan! Anyways, there just aren't enough ships for either full-LA or full-Canal on a regular basis, sadly, unless something else is given up (like San Francisco or one version of their many Caribbean routes). Let me know what you think!

• Like 1

Very disappointed with old ship The Grand... and intinerities....boring

Australia is seaming to get the dregs from Princess....

I have a cruise book..for Nov 2021  but it is doubtful...

So it look goodbye to my FCD's 

I am starting to wonder is cruising it off the list for us...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

@snoozecroozeis there a remote chance that HAL & Princess will “team up” in the initial start up phase?  Meaning,  say (hypothetical) Princess does all Hawaii sailings with an ambassador on board and HAL does full transit Panama Canal with lecturers onboard?  Just a theory.

Hi there, I'm no expert so I appreciate you reaching out to me. But I personally think it's definitely fair game to consider HAL will offer the Panama Canal (or Hawaii) trips if Princess can't (and vice versa); it's a core market for Carnival Corp. and it's a big loss either way if neither can do it. I'm not sure of this "team up" you're thinking of, though? Perhaps you could explain further.

Before we consider these aforementioned itineraries, to begin with, when the cruise lines resume ops, I'm sure the longer itineraries will not be the first ones on the table, so the focus will likely not be on these trips. I also don't think the two lines will need to 'literally' join together to operate, if that's also what you're alluding to, but I think it's fair to assume synergy will happen behind-the-scenes or otherwise to optimize operations. As for fleet size and the consequences of ship shedding, Princess is pretty bare bones with its fleet size now, but my opinion is that HAL is still more flexible, as of now. Regardless of that, Carnival Corp. seems to be marching onward, so I'm not sensing a huge interruption in its core deployment areas...yet. Time will tell, right?

Here’s my prediction on the rest of the fleet for fall/winter/spring 2022/23

I think Emerald will be LA based doing Hawaii and full canal transits to FLL and return. Crown is the ship that will most likely do the partial transits r/t FLL and 14 day Caribbean.  Ruby stays in SFO doing Hawaii and longer Mexico.  Discovery from LA doing Mexico/California Coastals.  Sapphire likely for South America and Diamond stays in Japan or SE Asia. Sky, Enchanted, Regal and Caribbean all in the Caribbean doing various length sailings r/t FLL(4-10 days).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoozecrooze said:

Hi there, I'm no expert so I appreciate you reaching out to me. But I personally think it's definitely fair game to consider HAL will offer the Panama Canal (or Hawaii) trips if Princess can't (and vice versa); it's a core market for Carnival Corp. and it's a big loss either way if neither can do it. I'm not sure of this "team up" you're thinking of, though? Perhaps you could explain further.

Before we consider these aforementioned itineraries, to begin with, when the cruise lines resume ops, I'm sure the longer itineraries will not be the first ones on the table, so the focus will likely not be on these trips. I also don't think the two lines will need to 'literally' join together to operate, if that's also what you're alluding to, but I think it's fair to assume synergy will happen behind-the-scenes or otherwise to optimize operations. As for fleet size and the consequences of ship shedding, Princess is pretty bare bones with its fleet size now, but my opinion is that HAL is still more flexible, as of now. Regardless of that, Carnival Corp. seems to be marching onward, so I'm not sensing a huge interruption in its core deployment areas...yet. Time will tell, right?

I am sorry that I was not fully clear in my original post.  I will try to explain better (hopefully).

As one example pre covid...December 2019 both the Princess & HAL  sailed full transits of the Panama Canal for Christmas cruises. 

With the amount of ships sold, scrapped, or transferred it may be a stretch for both these companies to offer all of the sailings that are popular with cruisers across the world.   I am not suggesting that they join together however I believe that there may be some discussions with the powers to be.  I am just thinking that maybe some cooperation may occur.

Then the demand and ship availability will be met while reducing duplication.

5 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Have you called Princess and asked about your FCD? Every time I have asked for more time, I have gotten it.

7 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I’ll talk the old Grand over the Majestic and Royal monstrosities any day!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KruzPrincess said:

Is there any information on Princess doing a RT from LA to Tahiti and back? I see that HAL has a cruise in the beginning of 2022 that’s selling very well. I just can’t seem to find one on Princess. 

Not for the fall 2021 to spring 2022 seasons. Possible for 2022/23, but not very likely with the reduced fleet.

HAL is offering a 45 day “Tales of the South Pacific” in fall 2022 and a 35 day “Hawaii & Tahiti” in spring 2023 - both round trip San Diego on Zuiderdam. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kenexx said:

I’ll talk the old Grand over the Majestic and Royal monstrosities any day!

I would agree Majestic  no way.... built for the asia market... so leave it there....

the Royal.. if it was under half price... maybe a second thought

would have like the Sapphire .... but beggars can't to choosers to the Grand it is...

Don

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tillys mom said:

Aus Traveller, some of the cruises say they are in USD. Do you know if that price also includes fees and taxes?

That's onboard currency used . Cruises the start or end  in New zealand or Australia use AUD$. If it ends in the US or Canada the onboard currency is US$.

10 hours ago, tillys mom said:

Aus Traveller, some of the cruises say they are in USD. Do you know if that price also includes fees and taxes?

Sorry, I cannot answer that question. Does the pricing have a note that says fees and taxes are extra? If the cruise is a trans-Pacific, the on-board currency is usually USD and the US protocol on gratuities applies.

On Australian cruises, the auto-gratuity is included in the price of drinks making them look much more expensive than on other ships, but when I have done the calculation, it evens out.

Edited by Aus Traveller