Caymus Wine, Ok Now I Get It

Ukigirl

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

What we didn't see on our last few cruises is Caymus by the glass so no 2 for 1 available. 

It wasn't on the list at Vintages on Serenade, but I asked and they let me have it.

This was 2019 TA

YMMV

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

We asked at the wine bar and they opened a bottle for us to accommodate our 2 for 1 glass 🤩

I do not like to drink red wine that’s been already opened have ordered some from vintage that already went bad. also good wine bars serve red wines at 55 degrees which vintage doesn’t do.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, George C said:

I do not like to drink red wine that’s been already opened have ordered some from vintage that already went bad. also good wine bars serve red wines at 55 degrees which vintage doesn’t do.

Way to cold

1 hour ago, George C said:

Maybe 55 for a white - but reds are mid 60’s.  We store Reds at 57, but open and let breath for a while and serve closer to room temp.  

• Like 5

On 3/6/2021 at 1:30 PM, Seville2Cabo said:

Maybe 55 for a white - but reds are mid 60’s.  We store Reds at 57, but open and let breath for a while and serve closer to room temp.  

We found Vintages on Oasis Class ships kept the reds....to include Caymus....too cold. We wanted a bottle for a special night in Giovanni's and asked ahead of time for it to be taken from storage.....which they did....and it was the perfect temperature. To us when it's too cold/cool you lose that wonderful flavor Caymus offers or any other red wine. YMMV

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

AMEN on the Conundrum!! The White blend is good too, DW likes White.

( I love the screw top, don't tell anyone)

Try Conundrum Bubbles, fabulous!

On 3/6/2021 at 1:24 PM, John&LaLa said:

It wasn't on the list at Vintages on Serenade, but I asked and they let me have it.

This was 2019 TA

YMMV

We had similar experience. Was able to get 2 for 1 on Serenade. Caymus was mentioned to us by the bar tender in Vintages. Actually, I believe we both had a 2 for 1 as we were Diamond. (It may have been Brilliance)

M8

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 3:27 PM, George C said:

I understand what you're saying, but we watched the bar tender open a new bottle.  It was delicious, as usual ☺️🍷❤️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My wife and I go to Napa every year and have tasted at Caymus a few times. Yes, they make excellent wine; however, imo, you are paying too much just for the name. 

On 3/6/2021 at 3:30 PM, Seville2Cabo said:

We only have a single zone wine fridge so we keep both our reds and whites in it. So the reds are chilled closer to whites, but like you, I'll pull the bottle out about an hour or so to let it warm up a bit.

On 2/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

You should give 1858 Paso Robles and 1858 Napa a try. Don’t be fooled by the price, it’s a wine made and bottled by Wagner, same maker of Caymus. Total Wine carries these two. 

M8

The Wagner family started and own Caymus back in the 70s.  Vineyard has a nice tour if you're every up in that part of Napa.

On 2/28/2021 at 5:08 PM, Ukigirl said:

I remember multiple conversations about Caymus wine, we’ve been on many cruises and I haven’t been able to part with my $$ but now I get it.  I celebrated getting my second vaccine with a bottle, finally tried it last night, it’s fantastic.  Since we haven’t been spending our money on dining out I thought I would splurge and I’m glad I did.  I know that an expensive bottle of wine doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better but I really enjoyed it.  I toasted to new beginnings (my husband quit drinking so I had the entire bottle to myself,  yay me), health and happiness and hopefully to cruising next year.

We love Caymus, too.  Any year is good, but we find 2018 superb. 
check out my handle

5 hours ago, vistapat said:

My hubby has an ending-in-zero birthday next month, and I bought him two bottles of Caymus.  I think it will be the first time he's had it, so we'll see what he thinks.

Pat

Probably should have started with just one😉🍷

If you want to see a great movie about Napa valley wine based on a true story watch Bottle Shock , it’s about Stags Leap winning in a wine competition in Paris in the 1970’s . Stags is a excellent vineyard.

• Like 1

Caymus Now that is a great wine as i sit here drinking a great Nor Cal IPA(lagunitas} 

The Wagner family has great wines, we have several in our collection

some years ago,  when they still had the coupon book ,we were in the MDR and wanted to use our discount coupon on a bottle Caymus.   the head waiter brought us a magnum saying they were out of the regular bottles. My DW was a happy camper the rest of that cruise😁 

BTW Mer Soleil is their great chardonnay as i just opened the Fridge for another tasty adult beverage

Edited by jonbgd
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, George C said:

If you want to see a great movie about Napa valley wine based on a true story watch Bottle Shock , it’s about Stags Leap winning in a wine competition in Paris in the 1970’s . Stags is a excellent vineyard.

Hey George the Stags leap area is great

As NorCals we are spoiled with all the vineyards so many to sample

Its been awhile since we cruised together on the Nov 2017 9 day  Nav cruise when we still lived in TX

Im thinking there was some Wine drinking going on that cruise since alot of us were in GS and above😜

Edited by jonbgd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

Hey George the Stags leap area is  great As NorCals we are spoiled with all the vineyards

Its been awhile since we cruised together on the Nov 2017 9 day  Nav cruise when we still lived in TX

Im thinking there was some Wine drinking going on that cruise since alot of us were in GS and above😜

Love Navigator, I am jealous of you living so close to Napa 😁😁, we definitely need to visit Napa sooner or later.  We do consume at least a bottle or two of Napa wines each week. We had a fun group of people on that cruise. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 3:27 PM, George C said:

also good wine bars serve red wines at 55 degrees which vintage doesn’t do.

Storage at 55 degrees might be ok. But full bodied Cabs really should be served at 16 and 18 degrees Celsius (61 – 65 degrees Fahrenheit).

We love Caymus too and consider the Diamond 2 for 1 in Vintages to be one of the best RCL C&A perks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, George C said:

I'm more of a fan of Sideways.😉🍷

Screenshot_20210413-083814_Google.thumb.jpg.3cea74fc13f17e6521bb515bf52aaec0.jpg

• Like 2