Email mistake?

wesport

I have an August cruise on the Queen Victoria scheduled for 8/13/21.  They did push back final payment until 30 days prior to cruise date. Tonight I got an email from Cunard telling me the deadline for requesting a refund is approaching 4/30/21.  No cancellations. Is this related to my deposit?, or just a mistake. 

I am pretty sure this is a mistake.  I received the same email and my August 30 cruise on QE is still a go.  My travel agent called Cunard and they told her they intended to send this email to those holding FCCs but who had not booked a cruise.  Instead, the email went out to everyone on their list.  I wouldn't count on my experience/information, but would check on your own to be sure this is the case for you as well.

Yes, this is pretty clearly a mistake. I just received that same email a few minutes ago. We were booked on a June 2020 QM2 voyage which of course was cancelled. We requested and received a full refund for that voyage quite some time ago now. We have no active bookings at the moment.

I’ll do you one better.  Received the same email- except I have no Cunard cruise (or any, for that matter) booked at the moment!  If I could only find that elusive Cunard booking number, I could collect my 125% FCC 😂

Edited by ShipsAreTheBest

Here's an additional tidbit that may be of some interest. I received this "your deadline to request a refund is approaching" email at an email address I only gave Cunard a few years ago in response to the "Sign up for special offers." prompt on their website. It's not an email address I have ever used when making a booking with Cunard, either directly or through a travel agent. And it's not the email address I used when I recently created a Cunard "My Account".

It's looking to me like the "everyone on their list" that @Whirled Peas mentioned might mean everyone who has given Cunard an email address whether they have ever actually booked a voyage or not.

Edited by bluemarble

Anyone can make a mistake.  What's astonishing to me is that they didn't issue a correction.  At least, I didn't get one.  There are going to be hundreds of inquiries today.  I don't envy the customer service staff.

12 hours ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

I’ll do you one better.  Received the same email- except I have no Cunard cruise (or any, for that matter) booked at the moment!  If I could only find that elusive Cunard booking number, I could collect my 125% FCC

Same here! 😄

Both DH and I received the email also. We’ve never sailed Cunard and don’t recall ever giving them an email at all!  We have sailed in HAL and Princess, wonder if they used an email list that included ALL of Carnival’s guests? 😱

Just got thru to Cunard.  49 minute hold.  Talked w/ Carmen.  They are swamped w/ calls on this email, which was sent in error.   Another email will be going out in the next hour, or so.  No change in deposit policies, and in our case there is no FCC.  What was intended to be sent to a few customers apparently was broadcast to their global list.

Hmm. I should have checked here before I bothered my travel agent. I was concerned because we had rebooked and I've never been able to access the cruise we rebooked, so I was worried I'd paid travel insurance on a cruise I only thought I'd booked. However, I was able to let her know that her auto reply was still wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

6 hours ago, 57eric said:

Anyone can make a mistake.  What's astonishing to me is that they didn't issue a correction.  At least, I didn't get one.  There are going to be hundreds of inquiries today.  I don't envy the customer service staff.

Correction received.

I got an email yesterday from Cunard about entering a contest for a free crossing.  Today I received another apologizing for sending it in error as it should have just gone to Americans- gremlins at work again!

8 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I got an email yesterday from Cunard about entering a contest for a free crossing.  Today I received another apologizing for sending it in error as it should have just gone to Americans- gremlins at work again!

Another thing that Cunard do and treat Americans better than other nationalities when it comes to fares and free packages.

12 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I also got an email last week reminding me about the extra obc we have due to Cunard excursions not taking place due to cancellation of itinerary. We chose to leave the money paid, on account and take the 10% offered.

The email reminded me of the sum which was quoted in sterling. The consequent email two weeks later apologised and corrected the amount to $$$.

No biggie.  I'll take the extra 10% as it will get spent, one day.