Vaccine Requirement News

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Last month Mom and 2 dozen my Relatives received Pfizer, issues like yours. Me in Michigan my Kid in Arizona got 1st Dose Moderna Saturday am. Both of us arm swelling & hurt for over 48hrs shoulder to elbow. Had Headaches, little queezy tummies and she a rash me Fever 99.1(normal 97.6). Fine now. Just different, and I've had probably thousand shots over the years

Was that your 1st or 2nd shot? It sounds more like what happens after the 2nd shot. My son had the Pfizer vaccine and his wife had the Moderna vaccine. They both had stiff joints, a low grade headache, sore throat, muscles aching and an all overall lousy feeling; additionally she ran a low grade fever for a couple days while he had intermittent periods of chills starting the second morning after taking their 2nd shot. I had the Pfizer shots and I ended up with a runny nose and all of the things they had except the chills and fever after my 2nd shot; but my reaction only lasted for 24 hours except for the muscle aches which lasted about 36 hours and mine started on the 4th morning after my shot not the 2nd morning. My boy let me know what to expect with the 2nd shot, so I wasn’t surprised when the symptoms showed up. He and his wife both work at the Ohio State University Medical Center; he works in the Medical ICU and she works in Post OP and Recovery. He got his shots in late December and early January and his wife got both of her shots in January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeeRB said:

Was that your 1st or 2nd shot? It sounds more like what happens after the 2nd shot. My son had the Pfizer vaccine and his wife had the Moderna vaccine. They both had stiff joints, a low grade headache, sore throat, muscles aching and an all overall lousy feeling; additionally she ran a low grade fever for a couple days while he had intermittent periods of chills starting the second morning after taking their 2nd shot. I had the Pfizer shots and I ended up with a runny nose and all of the things they had except the chills and fever after my 2nd shot; but my reaction only lasted for 24 hours except for the muscle aches which lasted about 36 hours and mine started on the 4th morning after my shot not the 2nd morning. My boy let me know what to expect with the 2nd shot, so I wasn’t surprised when the symptoms showed up. He and his wife both work at the Ohio State University Medical Center; he works in the Medical ICU and she works in Post OP and Recovery. He got his shots in late December and early January and his wife got both of her shots in January.

First, that's another reason was strange. That an I'm 2000 miles away from Daughter and we had same issues extended issues on same days. Went to my Dr today refill scripts, he assists County doing CV Vaccines on weekends and refereed to it as Covid Arm

9 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

First, that's another reason was strange. That an I'm 2000 miles away from Daughter and we had same issues extended issues on same days. Went to my Dr today refill scripts, he assists County doing CV Vaccines on weekends and refereed to it as Covid Arm

Well I live just north of Montgomery Alabama and my son and his wife work at the Ohio State Medical Center in Columbus Ohio. We live a ways apart they had different vaccines and their second shots in January while mine was in March; and we all had similar side effects.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LeeRB said:

Well I live just north of Montgomery Alabama and my son and his wife work at the Ohio State Medical Center in Columbus Ohio. We live a ways apart they had different vaccines and their second shots in January while mine was in March; and we all had similar side effects.

Spent years in Huntsville Alabama at Redstone Arsenal stationed 6 times during period 1983-1999 and for one 8 weeks stay(Basic Training)at the Former Fort McClelland in Anniston...

10 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Figures, you were notifed of the post, but as I thought, you had no reasonable answer. Thanks for playing. And that's is what is that. 

Not to be rude, but I think you have vastly overestimated the relative importance of both you and these messaging boards in my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

War Eagle!

What??      Oh, no offense meant, but I hail from the land of the Buckeye Nation, born and raised in Ohio many many years ago. So ‘War Eagle’ or for that matter ‘Roll Tide’ have little meaning to me. In my world ‘Go Bucks’, and ‘OH’ always followed with the response ‘IO’ are the greetings or possibly ‘Go Cats’; since I went to Ohio University not OSU and am technically a Bobcat not a Buckeye as school alignments go. However, I have more of a connection to the Ohio State University Medical Center than Ohio U these days because of my son and daughter-in-law. He is a critical care nurse in their Medical ICU; and she’s a nurse in their Post OP and Recovery department, I believe, and have many friends (mostly nurses) there through them. I ended up in Alabama in 2004 when where I worked in Ohio downsized from roughly 460 to 65 people and I was transferred to Montgomery. As fate would have it, once in Alabama, I ended up remotely managing the equipment in Ohio that I wasn’t allowed near, let alone touch, when I was in Ohio.

Edited by LeeRB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LeeRB said:

What??      Oh, no offense meant, but I hail from the land of the Buckeye Nation, born and raised in Ohio many many years ago. So ‘War Eagle’ or for that matter ‘Roll Tide’ have little meaning to me. In my world ‘Go Bucks’, and ‘OH’ always followed with the response ‘IO’ are the greetings or possibly ‘Go Cats’; since I went to Ohio University not OSU and am technically a Bobcat not a Buckeye as school alignments go. However, I have more of a connection to the Ohio State University Medical Center than Ohio U these days because of my son and daughter-in-law. He is a critical care nurse in their Medical ICU; and she’s a nurse in their Post OP and Recovery department, I believe, and have many friends (mostly nurses) there through them. I ended up in Alabama in 2004 when where I worked in Ohio downsized from roughly 460 to 65 people and I was transferred to Montgomery. As fate would have it, once in Alabama, I ended up remotely managing the equipment in Ohio that I wasn’t allowed near, let alone touch, when I was in Ohio.

My first 4 years of study was at OU !

On 3/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, elsie3939 said:

I   hate needles, too but honestly, I did not even feel the 1st shot and the 2nd one wasn't bad either....but I did feel it a little.  sore arm each time  after about 6 - 8 hours and it lasted  for maybe 12 hours.  Just felt like a bruise.  

Same here.  First shot didn't feel a thing and NO symptoms at all. Second coming up the 20th.  Hopefully just as well.  My 92 yr old Mom had lots of symptoms and is hesitating about the second shot. Even fell as a result of dizziness(no broken bones thank God)...lots of D. too.  But this was expected.  She vaxd because we all live within a few feet of each other on our mountain and felt it was necessary.  Brother and wife had Covid back in December and we all quarantined but nobody else got it.  Unfortunately, my oldest brother in Ft. Meyers got it and within a couple days he passed from Pulmonary Embolism directly the result of the Virus at 67 yrs old. 😪  After that no one in our family are dismissing the vaccine. They are both vaxing as advised.  My Vet hubby gets his next week, he is much younger than I.  Then we'll be ready to cruise.  

Edited by BecciBoo

15 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Same here.  First shot didn't feel a thing and NO symptoms at all. Second coming up the 20th.  Hopefully just as well.  My 92 yr old Mom had lots of symptoms and is hesitating about the second shot. Even fell as a result of dizziness(no broken bones thank God)...lots of D. too.  But this was expected.  She vaxd because we all live within a few feet of each other on our mountain and felt it was necessary.  Brother and wife had Covid back in December and we all quarantined but nobody else got it.  Unfortunately, my oldest brother in Ft. Meyers got it and within a couple days he passed from Pulmonary Embolism directly the result of the Virus at 67 yrs old. 😪  After that no one in our family are dismissing the vaccine. They are both vaxing as advised.  My Vet hubby gets his next week, he is much younger than I.  Then we'll be ready to cruise.  

so sorry about your oldest brother.  Best wishes to your Mother that she can tolerate the 2nd dose well.  

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 5:27 PM, CaroleSS said:

LeeRB, sorry.....I thought since you were now in Alabama, I would give a shout out to my alma mater and you would understand. My mistake.  😢

CaroleSS

It wasn’t your mistake, it was mine. I misinterpreted your “War Eagle!” comment. You have no reason to be sorry; I see nothing wrong with someone being proud of their school as long as they aren’t being obnoxious about it; and I didn’t sense that. I am probably as proud of attending Ohio University as you are about Auburn. I was the first person in my family to attend college, even if I didn’t graduate. I only spent 1 year there. Back in the late 60’s OU was known as a bit of a party school, and I put more effort into the partying than the studying that year. At the time I thought I was a failure, but looking back over the years, OU telling me not to come back in the fall may have been the best thing that ever happened to me. If that had not happened I would have never met my late wife of 40+ years, had the great family and extended family I have or seen as much of the world as I have; and a comfortable retirement on top of that. Please accept my apology.

Rick

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeeRB said:

CaroleSS

It wasn’t your mistake, it was mine. I misinterpreted your “War Eagle!” comment. You have no reason to be sorry; I see nothing wrong with someone being proud of their school as long as they aren’t being obnoxious about it; and I didn’t sense that. I am probably as proud of attending Ohio University as you are about Auburn. I was the first person in my family to attend college, even if I didn’t graduate. I only spent 1 year there. Back in the late 60’s OU was known as a bit of a party school, and I put more effort into the partying than the studying that year. At the time I thought I was a failure, but looking back over the years, OU telling me not to come back in the fall may have been the best thing that ever happened to me. If that had not happened I would have never met my late wife of 40+ years, had the great family and extended family I have or seen as much of the world as I have; and a comfortable retirement on top of that. Please accept my apology.

Rick

Rick, we are all good! First drink is on me!

Your story reminds me of a friend who is now a successful accountant.....he asked "Do you know how hard it is to pull up a 0.75 GPA?"

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

Rick, we are all good! First drink is on me!

Your story reminds me of a friend who is now a successful accountant.....he asked "Do you know how hard it is to pull up a 0.75 GPA?"

I have a fair idea, mine wasn’t quite that bad but it was close. I don’t remember exactly what my GPA was anymore, that was 1969; but I think it was somewhere just over a 1.0. I left Ohio U as a “failed Civil Engineering student” in 1969 and retired for a second time in 2012 from the IT world, where I was doing IP Network Management, configuration and compliance; and remotely maintaining the configuration and security compliance of IP network equipment in data processing centers around the world. While I did not formally return to college at any time, I did pick up some college credits and a few certifications along the way. I picked up 4 quarter hours at a 4.0 from Northern VA Community College and 11 Semester hours at a somewhere between a 3.5 and 3.75 through the Community College of Air Force. I was sent to both of those training programs by where I worked at the time. I was married then so studying was a higher priority than partying. I was also told that a couple of my certifications were worth college credits but I didn’t plan to go back to college or work so I didn’t pursue it. By 2012 I was ready to pack it in and start enjoying life as a full-fledged retiree.

Rick

• Like 1

Rick, good for you! You are living proof that you can be very successful without a college degree!

I am a strong proponent of vocational schools. I was saddened to hear that VoTech was removed from many High Schools. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is college "material" and welders, plumbers, carpenters, masons, etc are in high demand! Many of them can (and DO) make more money than those with college degrees!

Anyway, I do hope that our paths cross at some time. I'm sure you have some wonderful stories and I would love to hear them......first few drinks are on me!

On 3/5/2021 at 5:34 AM, Iamcruzin said:

My son and daughter in law had it last year. My DIL already received both doses of the vaccine (NYC school teacher) and my son will get it when it's his turn. 

Just now, Vrock7 said:

Alot has happened since my original question about getting the vaccine after having covid in December.   My 80 year old mother also had covid in December and did very well. She went in for her 2nd covid vaccine 9 days ago.  4 days after the shot she was in the critical care until for 2 days she was home for one day and was back in the critical care unit and is still in the hospital.   She is on oxygen and cannot care for herself at this point.  Before the shot she was independent and lived alone and pretty much was able to do anything she wanted.  We cannot get an answer if this was a direct result of the vaccine because they don't know enough about this virus and the vaccine and if they tell you they do they are lying.   We are praying my mom recovers enough to come home at some point.  I will not be getting the vaccine for several months if at all. 

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

So you haven't been to a store, bank, restaurant or park in a year. Wowza.

Add doctors to this list. My mom is having some type of lung scan next Tuesday and we cant even walk inside to check in. Wear a mask, call inside, someone will come out to the car. Idk if i can even go inside with her. 

All doctors still in full mask required mode. Even my parents who have barely left their house in the past year both have had to wear them and I do all their shopping.

On 3/4/2021 at 2:41 PM, lovescats5 said:

Well, what about the younger kids that cannot get a vaccine.  RCI will lose a lot of business if they exclude kids.  And give me the website that says if you get the vaccine you are fully protected and you cannot infect anyone else.  Cannot figure out why everyone thinks the vaccine is the ultimate end all.

If true I guess they can get rid of all of the Adventure Oceans, kids pools, waterslides, splash pads, etc.  Families are RCCL's bread and butter.  I cannot see them banning kids if they are not vaccinating kids.  If you listen to the government where I live, according to them the virus is not spread by kids so schools are fully open (I am not saying that is true, but that is what the provincial government keeps spewing)

On 3/10/2021 at 2:44 PM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Texas is considered an 'at will' state. Basically meaning they can discharge you for any reason. They can't actually 'force' someone to vax up, but they can force someone to make a decision to be employed or not.   

My thoughts about mandating the vaccine is this......... At this point, an EUA vaccine should not be mandatory for anyone, no matter what profession they are in.

Having said that, let's see what happens when it is determined that vaccinated people can not and do not transmit Covid. Already, there is some evidence that vaccinated people may not transmit the disease because of the low viral load of vaccinated people.

Then, let's see what happens when the vaccines are formally approved by the FDA. That is when employers should have the power and it be within their rights to mandate vaccines for their employees, no matter what their profession.

That is going to be very interesting to see how this all fleshes out. All my opinion, of course.

Edited by coffeebean

On 3/4/2021 at 12:41 PM, lovescats5 said:

Well, what about the younger kids that cannot get a vaccine.  RCI will lose a lot of business if they exclude kids.  And give me the website that says if you get the vaccine you are fully protected and you cannot infect anyone else.  Cannot figure out why everyone thinks the vaccine is the ultimate end all.

Great real world news coming out of Israel where a whopping 44% of their residents have had both injections. The Pfizer vaccine is showing 94% efficacy in preventing asymptomatic infection, thus pretty much eliminating asymptomatic transmission. It is also showing 97% efficacy in preventing symptomatic infection. And the data was sourced during a period in Israel when the predominant strain was the UK variant. This was 2 weeks after the second shot.

The website that is showing this data is:

https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2021/Real-World-Evidence-Confirms-High-Effectiveness-of-Pfizer-BioNTech-COVID-19-Vaccine-and-Profound-Public-Health-Impact-of-Vaccination-One-Year-After-Pandemic-Declared/default.aspx

• Thanks 1