Post COVID: what are you looking forward to the most?

Bake apple

Once we get somewhat past Covid and the world is a little safer I am looking forward to being with my family (yea!!!),  visiting close friends and a little local travel if possible. It has taken this horrible year to remind me that the everyday simple things,  taken for granted, are so often the best. Your wish list??

Family first, a full family gathering of the 12 of us that are close together.  Miss our family dinners.  Then travel to see our family that we used to visit every summer...my G-Aunts and Uncles are hitting the mid 90's, so it's been really hard missing these 2 years (won't make it this summer as we are still in Covid.

Going out to restaurants - we live to far for take out as the food is cold by the time we get home and have no delivery. Also shopping...with Covid, it's been in and out as quick as possible, and I do miss the odd time to wander in a store to see what is there.  Mind you, it is saving us lots of money not being able to do these! 🙂

Also being able to travel.  We had planned so many trips we could take once we retired, and had so many plans.  Since we couldn't ever take more than 2 weeks off at a time (and even that was pushing it with our jobs), we were looking forward to spending time on the road.  Hopefully our cruise in 2022 (or 2023 if things are still iffy in the summer) will be the start of our new life.

It's funny how so many little things you took for granted become big things once they are gone.

Edited by Daisi
  • Like 1

I have only one item on my wish list: I want to see my parents.

They are too far away for a day trip and seeing them on Zoom is not the same. They have been hunkered down in their apartment for a year now (they are doing great; my brother lives locally and does their shopping, etc). We had to postpone their 70th anniversary party and Dad's 95 birthday party. I can't wait until we can gather as a family -- all four generations of us.

• Like 1

I retire at the end of April, 2 months earlier than my normal retirement date to hopefully be able to enjoy some nicer weather in May and June.

The first thing I want to do is to visit my sister in the States. We are only 2, our parents are gone, and she is my closest family.

Then I want to see my nieces and their children, including a new baby that was born at the beginning of November. We hope to get together (probably in Montreal where two of them live; the other is in California but she and her husband both grew up in Montreal) when things begin to open up.

I still hope to go on my bike and barge in September, but I'm not totally certain that will happen.

The next trip might be a trip to Israel where my best friend lives; I've done much of the tourist stuff, so generally I just see friends and relatives. This won't require a lot of planning.

Then I have a safari planned for July 2022, which I hope will go ahead.

• Like 1

TRAVEL......  I want to travel.....cruising comes to mind😃👍

We all have such different lives.......I can't say visit with family because I have none that live near me.  My parents have also been gone for a long time.

2 sisters who both live in other countries so I rarely see them anyway.  One is in Mexico and the other in India. I could fly to Mexico (once things are back to whatever normal is).........

But I want to go away and cruise..............I would be lying if I said anything else.

• Like 4

We know that we won't be ready to return to in-restaurant dining for quite a while.  Still not comfortable with that, as governors remove capacity limits and health officials decry the lifting.

Dining at home but not having to cook is really pretty good!

3 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

Having all our family together mean time it’s our Golden wedding anniversary tomorrow and our girls have presented us with a list of times we’re having deliveries tomorrow. I also want to get back to river cruising. Good luck all.

WOW....that is awesome!

See the source image

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

Having all our family together mean time it’s our Golden wedding anniversary tomorrow and our girls have presented us with a list of times we’re having deliveries tomorrow. I also want to get back to river cruising. Good luck all.

Happy 50th anniversary!

3 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Congratulations! So very very nice to read about the good things in our lives right now. Have a wonderful day. 🥂

CA, Happy 50th. Hope you are enjoying all the timed deliveries.  We will celebrate 55 years in November.

We are 2 weeks past our second vaccine shot.  On Friday we get to see 2 of our greatgrans to celebrate a birthday we have not seen them in person since last June.  Really miss being with family.  We are blessed to have them all but one living close.

Can't wait to start cruising again. our rescheduled barge trip in France was cancelled, so no France in May.  Once again Road Scholar promptly refunded all our monies.  Hoping our ocean trip from Athens to Barcelona takes place in Sept.  Starting to get cabin fever.

Stay safe everyone and be well, Pat

Thank you so much all we’ve just had an amazing zoom meeting with the family.

Pacmom we are getting close to finally deciding about our barge trip in France on the Canal du Nivernais, I expect we will reschedule for next year but fingers crossed. CA

• Like 1

@Lois R This is a lovely frame with writing. Where can one get something like that, some download? Is it possible to put such things in e-mails? I know I am displaying technical sub-standard knowledge. I am very much a good old greetings card person 🙂.

notamermaid

25 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

@Lois R This is a lovely frame with writing. Where can one get something like that, some download? Is it possible to put such things in e-mails? I know I am displaying technical sub-standard knowledge. I am very much a good old greetings card person 🙂.

notamermaid

Hi🙂Oh, all I did was type in "Happy 50th Anniversary" in my search bar and many, many

items came up.....some say "Images" and if you just click on that word, you will find more 

items....so I just found it on line using search.........🙂 You can find all kinds of things on the net.

(Some even good👍)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Thank you so much all we’ve just had an amazing zoom meeting with the family.

Pacmom we are getting close to finally deciding about our barge trip in France on the Canal du Nivernais, I expect we will reschedule for next year but fingers crossed. CA

I am late to the game - hope it was a great day! Then, celebrate later when COVID is over!

Thank you so much everyone I have now had just a tad to much, started with a Tio Pepe aperitif then a bottle of Dom from our family (my DHs favourite) a couple of glasses of Chateauneuf du Pape took me back to our wine tasting. Finished of with a night cape of single malt a Jura finished off in Bourbon barrels. What a day made extra special with all your good wishes. Thank you CA

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Thank you so much everyone I have now had just a tad to much, started with a Tio Pepe aperitif then a bottle of Dom from our family (my DHs favourite) a couple of glasses of Chateauneuf du Pape took me back to our wine tasting. Finished of with a night cape of single malt a Jura finished off in Bourbon barrels. What a day made extra special with all your good wishes. Thank you CA

Now that was an appropriate celebration of your 50th.  Congrats!!!!

Well CA I think I need your blueprint for your celebrations.  We are celebrating our 50th during mid-May and had all these wonderful plans to cruise the Rhine again and wine taste ourselves into a standstill.  Now of course we are making a new plan and I like your style!!!