vaccine required?

delliemd

47 minutes ago, voljeep said:

are any of the Officers / Staff / Crew - that are currently on board maintaining the ships able to be vaccinated when they port for provisions / fuel / etc ?

Maybe they will have mobile vaccination setups for this. It is happening in our area quite well around here. Crew / all working in these jobs need to be vaccinated too. Last March 3 cases of virus in POrt Everglades were baggage handlers etc, I heard. A reason I did not get on the ship and took Princess offer to cancel day before sailing. 

31 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Governor of Florida is signing an executive order banning vaccine passports in Florida.

No way would I cruise from Florida or anywhere for that fact if each and every person is not vaccinated and if this garbage passes I hope that the state pays for it economically. Sick of this garbage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Governor of Florida is signing an executive order banning vaccine passports in Florida.

what EXACTLY does that mean to cruising out of Florida ??

are there 'vaccine passports' Nationally, or even in other states ?

Desantis wants to keep Florida as open as possible - having a choice is a beautiful thing

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

are there 'vaccine passports' Nationally, or even in other states ?

This has been in the news the last few days.  The White House and various companies are discussing the development of vaccination passports.  Just google US vaccination passports.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

This has been in the news the last few days.  The White House and various companies are discussing the development of vaccination passports.  Just google US vaccination passports.

no need to google - the poster should respond - seems like a very inflamatory posting ...

j/s

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

that don't currently exist

imagine that

New York is the first state in the US to formally launch such an app.

The program, dubbed the “Excelsior Pass,” is an app that allows New Yorkers to prove their vaccination status, or recent history of a negative COVID-19 test, in order to gain entry to events and businesses.

52 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

You've got to be kidding!! That's just crazy 🤪😜

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, voljeep said:

no need to google - the poster should respond - seems like a very inflamatory posting ...

It wasn't intended to be inflammatory.  It's merely reporting what the Governor is saying.  I don't know how on the one hand he is pushing for a resumption of cruising and on the other hand restricting vaccinated only venues (such as cruise ships.)  I do not dislike this Governor but I sure can't figure this one out.

“It’s completely unacceptable for either the government or the private sector to impose upon you the requirement that you show proof of vaccine to just simply be able to participate in normal society,” DeSantis said."

DeSantis vows to ban ‘vaccination passports’ as he signs law shielding businesses from COVID-19 liability - Orlando Sentinel

49 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Just a question.  Does a state have the right to do that.  Are passports from the Dept. of State?  Can a governor over ride the Dept. of state?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

My husband and I are in the same trial.  We have our day 180 visit at the clinic today.  Actually it is more like day 206 because we got injected on the first day of the US trial and then the pause happened so we got our second injection almost 8 weeks later after the FDA allowed the trial to resume.  There are almost 900 people in the US in the same boat so they will have data within the US study about longer intervals although it sure wasn't planned.

We were going to tell the study folks today that we wished to be unblinded.  However I had an email exchange with someone at the study last week and learned that to do that we would have to make an appointment to get another vaccine then they would unblind us.  Those were the terms of the trial.  I was a little nervous about finding something as our state had opened up vaccines to everyone over the age of 16 on the day I started looking for appointments but I lucked out because the medical group we use was having a vaccine event this past weekend.  I got an appointment for this past Saturday and DH got his for Sunday.  Then we learned the verdict - hubby got the vaccine and I got the placebo.  So I kept my appointment and got injected with Moderna on Saturday.  And DH cancelled his appointment.

Interestingly enough they want us both to stay in the study.  I was quite happy that the folks at the study encouraged me to keep my appointment to get a rival's vaccine rather than waiting for AZ to get their EUA from the FDA.  Only then would the study give me the AZ vaccine.  They said at this point it's better to be protected.  I'll find out today what value I will continue to be to the study but I'll keep going as long as it's helpful to them.

Thank you SO MUCH for participating in the trial.  I admire anyone that did this for the common good.  You are ALL heroes in my book!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geocruiser said:

Just a question.  Does a state have the right to do that.  Are passports from the Dept. of State?  Can a governor over ride the Dept. of state?

The phrase 'Vaccination Passport' is a bit of a misnomer.  It's not really a passport, it's merely a mechanism to prove a person has been fully vaccinated.  A citizen does not need to have a passport to travel freely within the US.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Sure he can prevent businesses in the state from requiring one, but the Federal Government could require them for travel activities including cruising.  

It would make for an interesting legal fight.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, nocl said:

Sure he can prevent businesses in the state from requiring one, but the Federal Government could require them for travel activities including cruising.  

It would make for an interesting legal fight.

Private business could still require a vaccine passport.  He has very little authority over what private businesses require.  Disney World requires mask even though the state does not require them.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, franktown said:

Private business could still require a vaccine passport.  He has very little authority over what private businesses require.  Disney World requires mask even though the state does not require them.  

Actually if you read his order it is exactly that, that no business in Florida can use vaccination status to determine access.

7 minutes ago, franktown said:

Read the article.  He specifically mentioned private businesses and theme parks.

The Governor of Florida can proclaim anything he wants, but just like the Brazilian Visa requirement, if any country Princess calls on requires proof of vaccination then you will have to prove you got vaccinated before embarkation.  It will effectively be beyond both Florida and PCL control.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@dogcompletely agree and once vaccinated I'll laminate the card and paperclip it in my passport as I'm sure I'll need it in Europe

Do not laminate the card.  If a booster is required you will not be able to add it to the original card.  Make a copy of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2