vaccine required?

delliemd

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Um ... I agree with you, so I'm not sure why you are disagreeing.   A business (or anyone in control of private property)

should be able to establish reasonable requirements for that access.

DeSantis said he will issue an executive order disallowing this.

Specifically that a business can not require proof of vacination.

"...forbidding local governments and businesses from requiring so-called “vaccine passports” to show proof that customers have been inoculated against the coronavirus..."

To me, this is crazy.  It is perfectly reasonable for a concert venue to require proof of vaccination prior to

letting a guest enter.   For the safety of everyone.

Yes.  It seems I misinterpreted your original post on the matter.

1 hour ago, ringers0815 said:

No need to laminate as I got my proof of vaccination both in paper form (which I filed at home) and by email directly from the Ontario Ministry of Health. I stored my electronic version in my emails on my phone but also uploaded it to my Canadian Immunization App on my phone.

Hi,

Didn't know about this app, but it is on my phone now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Hi,

Didn't know about this app, but it is on my phone now.

Could you tell us the exact name of this app. A search of "Canadian Immunization " on the Play Store turns up about 10 different apps.  Thanks.

So if Pfizer is saying vaccine lasts 6 months after second dose, in News today, does this mean we get booster again before 2022 cruise?  In Ontario we go 16 weeks between first & second doses. 

22 minutes ago, dog said:

So if Pfizer is saying vaccine lasts 6 months after second dose, in News today, does this mean we get booster again before 2022 cruise?  In Ontario we go 16 weeks between first & second doses. 

When did Pfizer say the vaccine only lasts 6 months?  I could see them saying 'at least' 6 months since that's about how old the vaccine is.  I just had not heard that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

When did Pfizer say the vaccine only lasts 6 months?  I could see them saying 'at least' 6 months since that's about how old the vaccine is.  I just had not heard that.

Atleast 6 months after 2nd shot on CNN website today. 

On 3/31/2021 at 8:18 AM, Daniel A said:

.Do you want to trust that a high tech company (Google, Microsoft, Amazon etc...) to manage a 'passport' system?  Do you really think that when your passport gets scanned at a venue, (Disney World, Cruise Ship, hardware store) that the passport company won't keep and sell the data as to where and when you displayed your passport?  Next thing you know, your smart phone and internet will start getting pop up ads from Sea World, Royal Caribbean, Home Depot etc...

I am in favor of having a counterfeit proof form confirming Covid-19 vaccinations but I don't know how thrilled I would be about it being an electronic passport managed by a private corporation and being required to show it to enter any business or venue I wish to visit.

In answer to the first question:  yes. Definitely yes. As to the potential (and probable) selling of my information, this is no different than what already occurs. The most egregious offender of this, IMO, are phone companies that sell my phone number, opening me up to the constant pestering from people wanting to sell me solar panels and extended car warranties (why is it when I tell them I’d love an extended warranty on my 21 year old SUV, they hang up on ME? 😆). My iPhone, and I assume most smartphones, give me the ability to block ads, texts and calls from companies I don’t want to hear from, and my cell phone company does a fair job of blocking scam calls. 

As someone who has taken all the COVID precautions as seriously as possible, I am thrilled to be getting my second Pfizer shot today, and in two weeks want to rejoin the world. I would be very happy if every store and restaurant I hope to once again frequent would require a vaccine passport to enter.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

No problem, if you feel you need forgiveness, consider it granted.

Thank you so much. 
I promise to be much more careful and try not to leave out One very important word. It does make a difference to those who only get informed through a message board. 
the source is CNN, posted today and now it is on other News sites. 
truly sorry. 

6 hours ago, dog said:

5 hours ago, dog said:

Atleast 6 months after 2nd shot on CNN website today. 

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Quite a different statement than it lasts 6 months.

hopeully people will see I made a correction here by adding Atleast. 
my apologies 

don’t sweat the small stuff 

be safe. Be kind. 

6 hours ago, dog said:

I read the article and it's an on-going study that's reached the six-month point with good results. I doesn't say that after six months your protection is over, just that it works for AT LEAST six months. Could be longer but we don't know yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I read the article and it's an on-going study that's reached the six-month point with good results. I doesn't say that after six months your protection is over, just that it works for AT LEAST six months. Could be longer but we don't know yet.

Yes, this is what I thought too. It is Pfizer that I got yesterday. With 16 weeks between doses my next one is July. 

12 minutes ago, dog said:

Yes, this is what I thought too. It is Pfizer that I got yesterday. With 16 weeks between doses my next one is July. 

yours is 16 weeks - ours was 3 weeks - which is now 8 weeks ago for our 2nd Pfizer vac

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yours is 16 weeks - ours was 3 weeks - which is now 8 weeks ago for our 2nd Pfizer vac

A few provinces have chosen to go against manufacturers recommendations of 3-4 weeks. We have no choice I have been told by my Regional Health Dept. So, my cruise is March 28/22 & my second vaccine is 3 rd week of July 2021. Possibly a booster shot needed in the Spring of 2022?  We just don’t know. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dog said:

A few provinces have chosen to go against manufacturers recommendations of 3-4 weeks. We have no choice I have been told by my Regional Health Dept. So, my cruise is March 28/22 & my second vaccine is 3 rd week of July 2021. Possibly a booster shot needed in the Spring of 2022?  We just don’t know. 

if boosters become required, I will be logging in daily to our local (Publix) trying to set appointments for me and my wife - who knows, maybe we will each get a $ 10 Publix card like we did for our flu shots last year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

Wow, so that means you won't be fully vaccinated until the middle of August.  🙁

Stay safe!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Wow, so that means you won't be fully vaccinated until the middle of August.  🙁

Stay safe!

Yep 

steelers posted earlier in week about this too. No choice 

3 hours ago, dog said:

hopeully people will see I made a correction here by adding Atleast. 
my apologies 

don’t sweat the small stuff 

be safe. Be kind. 

Damn, and I was all ready with the pitchforks and torches!!!  Now what am I going to do with them?

:classic_wink:

• Haha 2

Just now, K.T.B. said:

Damn, and I was all ready with the pitchforks and torches!!!  Now what am I going to do with them?

:classic_wink:

Ha!   

so family member just got Pfizer RN said it will be annually like flu shot. 

guess we will wait and see 

4 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

We had the Moderna, and I hope the AT LEAST 6 months also applies to that vaccine.

I wish NY state would realize the at least 6 months. We are looking at river boat cruises in the USA this summer that require vaccines for all passengers and crew starting July 1. Then DW looked at NY restrictions for reentering the state except for  contiguous states. They are for all who are past THREE MONTHS from their second shots. Ours were on March 1st so we would be beyond the 3 months for the summer.

Edited by ontheweb
accidentally posted early before nearly complete with the post