Let the Exceptions Begin!

jtwind

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

as a parent, one also feels extremely grateful that such interventions are available now -- as they were not 100 years ago -- leading to a huge decrease in infant and child mortality.

Many years ago we visited a very old cemetery in Scotland. I'll always remember one stone. They listed a family of 10 or 12 children who all died very young. 

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

FYI-our local mental health facilities put the temperature gauges to your wrist, not your head for this reason  

As long as they are following manufacturer instructions. Otherwise they are likely to get an inaccurate reading.

Facts:

Airline policy is ALL passengers over 2 will wear a mask.

Noise:

Passengers age

Passengers medical situation

Traveling by airplane is NOT a right or a liberty. It's an agreement between you and the carrier when you buy the tickets.

Do I have empathy for the child? Yes

Do I have sympathy for the situation the parents found themselves in? No. For some unknown reason, they thought they had privileges and empowerment that was not theirs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, jtwind said:

I wonder how long it will take us to find out what kind of exceptions the cruise lines are going to allow.  I'd bet that they would never publish such a thing.

Don't be so sure. If the mask requirement to travel is still in place, or the CDC requires it, they will if they sail from a US port.

On 3/20/2021 at 4:06 PM, K32682 said:

My tolerance for people seeking exemptions to masks is zero.  If the age limit is 4 then strap the kid up or find another way to get there. No exceptions.

I got my hair cut today.  A mom, grandmother and kid came in the shop.  The kid was getting a haircut.  The kid starts screaming really loud and is squirming wildly while the mom and grandmother are attempting to restrain them.  The stylist/barber quips to me, "and the parents want a discount for cutting kids hair!"

Edited by SelectSys
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

You're essentially saying anything that has a shape that resembles a gun should be precieved in a negative way. You are distorting reality to instill fear over a shape. I can't see how that could be healthy to anyone's mental state. Would it not be far healthier to teach children that a gun is a gun and thermometer is just a thermometer? 

https://reason.com/2016/06/16/judge-upholds-suspension-of-the-pop-tart/

Nothing new.  This was 5 years ago.  Students have also been suspended for simply sticking out their finger and saying bang bang.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SelectSys said:

I got my hair cut today.  A mom, grandmother and kid came in the shop.  The kid was getting a haircut.  The kid starts screaming really loud and is squirming wildly while the mom and grandmother are attempting to restrain them.  The stylist/barber quips to me, "and the parents want a discount for cutting kids hair!"

Thanks for the laugh.....       hair cut ???  what is left, cut my own and BH trims the back.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Thanks for the laugh.....       hair cut ???  what is left, cut my own and BH trims the back.....

I decided I would let mine grow during the pandemic.  But my hair isn't cooperating.😄

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 6:44 PM, jtwind said:

I wonder how long it will take us to find out what kind of exceptions the cruise lines are going to allow.  I'd bet that they would never publish such a thing.

Huh? How could they book anyone without disclosing what's required? Am I missing something?

16 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Here in Reno my hair salon reopened in May. Not so everywhere?

4 hours ago, clo said:

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Certainly here in Australia hair salons are open though Melbourne, where getting older slowly is based, has had stricter lock downs due to more community cases through contagion at quarantine hotels. They are will only just be allowed to avoid using masks in a retail setting after 26 March. 

32 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Certainly here in Australia hair salons are open though Melbourne, where getting older slowly is based, has had stricter lock downs due to more community cases through contagion at quarantine hotels. They are will only just be allowed to avoid using masks in a retail setting after 26 March. 

I was quite enjoying the masked look... didn't have to worry too much about trimming the beard...... lol

Hair Salons    doesn't sound like the short back and sides and polish the top.........place.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, clo said:

No, unfortunately... in England (not sure of the other UK countries), it will be April 12th. It was harder booking a slot than booking a P&O cruise (whose web had a meltdown when they opened yesterday morning).🤣

2 minutes ago, jocap said:

No, unfortunately... in England (not sure of the other UK countries), it will be April 12th. It was harder booking a slot than booking a P&O cruise (whose web had a meltdown when they opened yesterday morning).🤣

Ha ha, I bet. Here our hair salons and barber shops have strict rules about sanitizing so it was pretty easy for them to qualify.

2 minutes ago, clo said:

Ha ha, I bet. Here our hair salons and barber shops have strict rules about sanitizing so it was pretty easy for them to qualify.

Yes, our hairdresser's was at least as clean as a surgery when they reopened briefly last summer... but these are the government's "Road Map" rules... the first was schools opening, in March, then hairdressers, drinking outside pubs, self-contained holidays, on April 12th. 

I forget the next rules, because there are so many...  😲

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jocap said:

the first was schools opening, in March, then hairdressers, drinking outside pubs, self-contained holidays, on April 12th. 

What is a self-contained holiday?  It summons up visions of staying at home or what we refer to as a "stay-cation".  (And given that many of us have been doing that for the last year, not very appetizing....)

On 3/19/2021 at 10:33 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Second saddest thing I see is tots willingly wearing masks, more disturbing is seeing kids lean into a thermometer gun aimed at their head 

Agree, what a disgrace to see these kids in masks.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2021 at 8:54 PM, clo said:

Huh? How could they book anyone without disclosing what's required? Am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing something.  Somewhere on this forum, I believe Royal Caribbean, someone contacted the cruise line claiming that they could not be vaccinated, and were told to contact a special department within the company.

3 hours ago, jtwind said:

Yes, you're missing something.  Somewhere on this forum, I believe Royal Caribbean, someone contacted the cruise line claiming that they could not be vaccinated, and were told to contact a special department within the company.

I am sorry. If the rules state you must be vaccinated, then there are no exceptions. I expect this is from someone in the US that thinks they have a right for rules not to apply to them. They will also call to have their Service Goat approved to be on the ship as well.

I think there needs to be a hard stance by the cruise lines. No vaccine, no cruise if you are 18 and older. It is as simple as that. I am sick of the rules don't apply to me attitude. They do apply. You make a choice or you have some other ailment that prevents it, it means you don't get to participate. Period!!!

• Like 1