Travel Insurance cruise cover.

majortom10

21 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I am insured with annual policy for Europe with Staysure and can confirm that they are covering cruises in UK waters Staycation /Seacation cruises with P&O/Princess/ Cunard but not sure if they are covering other cruise lines. If you are after a one off policy just for a UK waters cruise it might be worth ringing them and asking their advice and a quote. I booked as soon as UK water cruises went on sale with Princess  before anyone realised the insurance difficulties. I phoned Staysure with already having annual policy naturally thinking that I was covered. They told me my policy wouldnt cover the cruise but they were in negotiations with P&O/Cunard and their underwriters about cover and to ring back in a few days. I did and was told that they were now covering UK waters but did not realise that Princess was part of the same company i.e. Carnival and to ring again for confirmation. When I rang back they said it had ben confirmed with their underwriters to cover Princess as well and sent me an Endorsement Letter by e-mail saying I was covered for the cruise. The only thing I would make sure is that Staysure do 2 types of policy Basic and Comprehensive just make sure you have Comprehensive because Basic doesnt give you high enough monetary figures for medical repatriation that is required.

This post and my response might help clarify

On 6/1/2021 at 9:39 AM, MX-Drew said:

I wrote to them pointing out the possible problems at check in and their first response was basically all the information is in the policy documents so I replied I was just try to ease things at check in and not print out all 50 pages of my policy document thus wasting paper. In response I got the new endorsement letter. I wonder if they will send it to everyone as it would be a simple email merge.

Thank you for writing to them and perhaps helping light a fire for them to be more attuned to what the cruise lines are asking.  Sorted out my coverage with Staysure, really helpful young man fixed it all up and then sent me a separate endorsement letter for each company which shows my name, policy number and specifies which cruise line and the Staysure wording laid out clearly - he also pointed me to the pages which backs this up and sent through a Verification document which is a synopsis of my coverage, dates and inclusions - really good service and I feel good to go insurance wise

Well I got a quote from Nationwide about 6 weeks ago for how much the extra would be for medical issues.  They gave me a price that I was happy with.  Spent the last week setting up a flexplus account for them.  Called the underwriters today, and they have changed their system, and can not now provide cover for pre-existing conditions, so that was an utter waste of time and money.  Bit the bullet and just went with Staysure instead, and excellent service from them. 

Edited by davemorton
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, davemorton said:

Well I got a quote from Nationwide about 6 weeks ago for how much the extra would be for medical issues.  They gave me a price that I was happy with.  Spent the last week setting up a flexplus account for them.  Called the underwriters today, and they have changed their system, and can not now provide cover for pre-existing conditions, so that was an utter waste of time and money.  Bit the bullet and just went with Staysure instead, and excellent service from them. 

Had our renewal notice from Staysure the other day.  Same price as last year and still 15 months cover.  May well be staying with them.

• Like 4

Has anyone used the Halifax insurance which comes with their bank account? They've sent me a guarantee letter but wont include the words staycation. As someone insurance knowledgeable I know it is saying covered but a layman might not. MOH has big medical conditions so sorting out cover is a problem. The Halifax uses AXA who are same as Cover for You underwriters but they are stubbornly refusing to include staycation.

I'm with Monzo and as part of their Premium account I get worldwide travel insurance for me and my family from AXA Assurance. 

The policy wording doesn't mention cruises at all, so I called up and they sent me out a travel certificate stating that I'm covered for a UK coastal sailing - and included my medical coverage as requested by P&O and Princess.

• Like 1

I am with barclays bank travel cover. Originally they weren't doing the staycations then changed there mind. Original cover letter didn't mention seacations. Phoned them up and they said they would see what they could do, phoned me back and they said underwriters had updated there travel insurance to state seacations with extra cover and repatriation. Also has our names on.

• Like 1

Delighted to say a lady at AXA grasped the problem and has now reissued the letter including the words "worldwide cruises including British seacations".  So we are set fair with P&O, Princess and Cunard thankfully. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, L751 said:

Has anyone had a problem when downloading the barclays travel insurance trying to open the zipped file from Aviva.

Doesn't work with aviva. Go to the url at top of page type in www.Aviva.co.uk/barclaystravelproof. The form should come straight up. I had trouble at first as I kept putting the address on the google bit. When I phoned they said to put it in the url at top and it will work.

1 hour ago, delgirl said:

Doesn't work with aviva. Go to the url at top of page type in www.Aviva.co.uk/barclaystravelproof. The form should come straight up. I had trouble at first as I kept putting the address on the google bit. When I phoned they said to put it in the url at top and it will work.

Hi I filled the form in, but when they emailed the proof back to me it wont let me open the downloaded file anyone having problems 

A common reason why a zip file can't be opened is the download is incomplete. I often get this with files attached to emails from P&O. If the zip file was attached to an email, try downloading the file again. i wonder why they use a ZIP file, PDF is usually used for documents

edit - or, do you have Winzip installed? It should be a free download

Edited by davecttr

14 hours ago, L751 said:

Hi I filled the form in, but when they emailed the proof back to me it wont let me open the downloaded file anyone having problems 

It won't open until you put your password in. Have you done this🥴

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Really! did not know that. ignore my winzip comments everyone

It used to be a very good bit of software then they spoiled it by adding freeware. If you have an older version don't upgrade.

And as I say it is not needed to unzip files in Windows 10

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 10:34 PM, majortom10 said:

I am taking my Staysure travel certificate and endorsement letter from Staysure but only taking relevant section of main insurance booklet with reference to Covid and also section showing table of benefits of insurance. My Policy booklet is 52 pages long and I certainly am not going to print that lot off to take with me.

Wont just the policy itself do if its stating everything P and O need, why would there be need for an endorsement letter ??

46 minutes ago, 7th cruise said:

Wont just the policy itself do if its stating everything P and O need, why would there be need for an endorsement letter ??

It is a belt and braces approach. The check in staff will be working to a script and won't have any discretion. It will also speed up your and others boarding. We will see any problems once Britannia starts cruising which is when?

57 minutes ago, 7th cruise said:

The policy is normally for holidays taken abroad and the policy document is worded as such and refers to not being covered within the UK.  The StaySure endorsement letter effectively amends these sections on your insurance policy and by so doing covers you for "Staycation" cruises around the UK.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sammyh25 said:

The policy is normally for holidays taken abroad and the policy document is worded as such and refers to not being covered within the UK.  The StaySure endorsement letter effectively amends these sections on your insurance policy and by so doing covers you for "Staycation" cruises around the UK.

This is in respect of Staysure. Other insurers have different definitions of “abroad” or “outside uk”

1 minute ago, Gettingwarmer said:

This is in respect of Staysure. Other insurers have different definitions of “abroad” or “outside uk”

Correct, everyone will need to check with their own insurer that they are covered.

2 hours ago, L751 said:

I have tried putting password in, no different still staying zipped 

Don't know what to say. When I went into e-mail i just clicked on download clicked to open put in password and it opened. Unfortunately not computer literate, but I am sure there are loads on here who are. Best of luck. Maybe phone barclays travel.

14 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Don't know what to say. When I went into e-mail i just clicked on download clicked to open put in password and it opened. Unfortunately not computer literate, but I am sure there are loads on here who are. Best of luck. Maybe phone barclays travel.

Going to phone barclays, its doing my head in. I think it might of got corrupted when I downloaded it