Should the Covid vaccine be required?

Should the Covid vaccine be required?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the requirement to be vaccinated which will be valid already on the first Odyssey, Adventure and Celebrity Millennium cruises in May and June?

• Cruise lines should require everyone to be vaccinated
    • Cruise lines should accept a PCR test instead of the vaccine from people who can't get it
    • For this moment, only negative Covid tests should be required from all passengers

2 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

Supply and demand!  Although I’m happy with the prices on my 2022 cruises as well. And just saved some money on my Celebrity Edge cruise for this December!  

There's lots and lots of pent up demand, that's for sure. They'll have zero difficulty filling the ships to whatever capacity they're allowed once cruising resumes from the US again. Please do a live from on your Adventure cruise. 

15 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

There's lots and lots of pent up demand, that's for sure. They'll have zero difficulty filling the ships to whatever capacity they're allowed once cruising resumes from the US again. Please do a live from on your Adventure cruise. 

Lots of pent up demand here on CC, but I'm not so certain about the general public.

Edited by mek
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, mek said:

Yes they do.  I don't understand why they can't be tested before arriving here, receive the J&J shot, quarantined, and then board ships to work.

Not being snarky - what am I missing concerning the crew?

So you want the US to supply vaccines for the cruise staff? As a Canadian I'm ok with that LOL

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mek said:

Lots of pent up demand here on CC, but I'm not so certain about the general public.

Don't kid yourself. I heard a stat that something like 80% of cruisers out of Singapore have been first timers. And must keep in mind that only a small number of cruisers have even heard of CC. 

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Screenshot_20210329-183918_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f91e26eee7546ceb350550dba866fabc.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Don't kid yourself. I heard a stat that something like 80% of cruisers out of Singapore have been first timers. And must keep in mind that only a small number of cruisers have even heard of CC. 

Maybe they just wanted to get out of Singapore temporarily.

• Like 1

So you want the US to supply vaccines for the cruise staff? As a Canadian I'm ok with that LOL

If that is one of the solutions to getting cruising started back up, then yes I am.  Charge the cruise lines for the shots, but as we are talking about getting US ports back open it seems like a viable option to me.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

Honestly I don't think that Is the same thing as resuming cruising from US ports.

7 hours ago, mek said:

Yes they do.  I don't understand why they can't be tested before arriving here, receive the J&J shot, quarantined, and then board ships to work.

Not being snarky - what am I missing concerning the crew?

You are not missing anything. RCI announced in one of their write-ups about these summer cruises that the crew will be vaccinated. People who have been saying that crew from various countries will not be able to get the vaccine have, apparently, underestimated the abilities of the cruise lines.

The new 2021 summer itineraries from Bermuda will open for bookings on Monday, March 29 and depart as soon as June 26. Sailing with vaccinated crew, the cruises – at this time – will be available to adult guests who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under the age of 18 with negative test results. This current health and safety measure, like others, may evolve as they are evaluated on an ongoing basis.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mek said:

I would bet money there is pent up demand in the general population. I hear it all the time from my senior friends here in Florida. We all want to get back on the ships.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I would bet money there is pent up demand in the general population. I hear it all the time from my senior friends here in Florida. We all want to get back on the ships.

OK - I'll give you that - Florida is probably the exception, but I'm not convinced that the rest of the country in general is ready to sail, but if people flock to cruises once they open back up it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.🙃

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Same here, all my Family and Friends ready go in next few months. Me, I'd board tomorrow if offered

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I hear plenty of people tell me I'm crazy to ever get back in a cruise ship.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Like others, we will be fully vaccinated by Cinco De Mayo! :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

I'm May 6th. 

Typical, I'm always a day late and a dollar short. 😀

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 4

Just now, Coralc said:

I added *others* our second shot is on 4-20. Cannabis celebration day! (for some) :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

4/20 will always hold a different meaning for me since I was chopping wood that day and put an axe blade into my ankle. I got lucky, no major damage, but I probably could have used cannabis that day.

Though coincidentally I get my 2nd vaccine on 4/18

25 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

4/20 will always hold a different meaning for me since I was chopping wood that day and put an axe blade into my ankle. I got lucky, no major damage, but I probably could have used cannabis that day.

Eeew. Ouch. That is an awful way to remember it. Glad you didn't lose your foot. And Cannabis would probably be a good thing after an injury like that. 

California has a lot of pot festivals that day, although we do not participate. I imagine that this year will be busier than the last. Vaccinations for all will be open be open on April 15, and <snort> I think many of the young people have already had covid.

And your injury is probably an example of why Cannabis being readily available for adults is probably a good thing. I probably would have sent my husband to the dispensary for something like that. Or had it delivered. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

My ankles hurt just reading this. I hope you are healing well with little pain.

• Like 1