Should the Covid vaccine be required?

Should the Covid vaccine be required?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the requirement to be vaccinated which will be valid already on the first Odyssey, Adventure and Celebrity Millennium cruises in May and June?

• Cruise lines should require everyone to be vaccinated
    • Cruise lines should accept a PCR test instead of the vaccine from people who can't get it
    • For this moment, only negative Covid tests should be required from all passengers

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Due to Covid, I don't think fairness applies. I believe the cruise lines will require all passengers and crew to be vaccinated, at least at the beginning, then be able to relax the rule as time goes on.

I couldnt believe my ears yesterday when I was hearing the ships sent to rescue from that volcano were asking the evacuees if they were vaccinated...seems to be coming as a thing to cruise imo.

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I couldnt believe my ears yesterday when I was hearing the ships sent to rescue from that volcano were asking the evacuees if they were vaccinated...seems to be coming as a thing to cruise imo.

Do you have a link?

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Does the cruise line have an obligation to protect its employees? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well as long as they weren't denying people access to the ships I see no reason why they shouldn't ask - especially if they will be evacuated to another location on land.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

52 minutes ago, broberts said:

Do you have a link?

45 minutes ago, mek said:

Well as long as they weren't denying people access to the ships I see no reason why they shouldn't ask - especially if they will be evacuated to another location on land.

Has nothing to do with Royal, and certainly not a CDC issue. Barbados and St Lucia said they would not accept unvaccinated evacuees

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Has nothing to do with Royal, and certainly not a CDC issue. Barbados and St Lucia said they would not accept unvaccinated evacuees

Chords of Voyage of the Dammed

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It wasn’t the cruise lines , it was the island countries that are accepting the evacuees. They require anyone entering their country be vaccinated. Also the entire St Vincent’s island is not be evacuated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It wasn’t the cruise lines , it was the island countries that are accepting the evacuees. They require anyone entering their country be vaccinated. Also the entire St Vincent’s island is not be evacuated.

I forgot the link. Sorry.

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-ships-play-crucial-role-in-st-vincent-volcano-rescue/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

I forgot the link. Sorry.

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-ships-play-crucial-role-in-st-vincent-volcano-rescue/

I still think it's odd, just my opinion. So if someone is maybe going to die because the volcano erupts it's a too bad, you cant board? Doesnt matter to me whose idea it was. I heard it on tv and felt bad for those evacuees.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I still think it's odd, just my opinion. So if someone is maybe going to die because the volcano erupts it's a too bad, you cant board? Doesnt matter to me whose idea it was. I heard it on tv and felt bad for those evacuees.  

I doubt the entire island is about to be obliterated. Have you heard otherwise?

• Like 2

On 3/31/2021 at 6:39 PM, Shorewalk Holmes said:

Not saying I know the answer, but it's conceivable that causation went the other way.  More sick people show up at emergency rooms, so more people tested and also more deaths.

I've been test 30+ times by now with no symptoms. Negative every time. Same with the wife. We are skewing Florida's results to the plus side. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've been test 30+ times by now with no symptoms. Negative every time. Same with the wife. We are skewing Florida's results to the plus side. 

Wow that is a lot of tests.  Neither my husband or myself have had a reason to get a single test.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We are skewing Florida's results to the plus side. 

The majority of the country is getting tested as a precaution and not because they think they have covid. 

A typical flu season sees about 20% positive tests, yet we get concerned when positive rates for covid are over 5%

32 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

A typical flu season sees about 20% positive tests, yet we get concerned when positive rates for covid are over 5%

Perhaps because covid has managed to kill more than ten times as many people last year as flu in a really bad year. Hopefully with emerging therapeutics and long lasting vaccines it will only be a year or two before we can treat covid like a really bad flu.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

Perhaps because covid has managed to kill more than ten times as many people last year as flu in a really bad year. Hopefully with emerging therapeutics and long lasting vaccines it will only be a year or two before we can treat covid like a really bad flu.

There are people who do not believe that. Although there are people who believe this is not a natural virus and it was released by a Chinese Lab. And if natural, it usually takes more time to get a vaccine anyway. If men and women are cautious, it is because of our current climate of distrust.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

There are people who do not believe that. Although there are people who believe this is not a natural virus and it was released by a Chinese Lab. And if natural, it usually takes more time to get a vaccine anyway. If men and women are cautious, it is because of our current climate of distrust.

Very true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The majority of the country is getting tested as a precaution and not because they think they have covid. 

Twice a week, every week🤔

I don't think so