Celebrity Silhouette to sail from UK 2021

Ulsteinvik

15 minutes ago, iandjm said:

I would imagine if ships are permitted to call in NI then NI residents will also be able to travel to other parts of the U.K.

seems to be fair. 

Normal rational thinking doesn't always apply in Northern Ireland. In normal times cruise ships are welcome but there is deep unrest and tension in many communities over the Brexit mess, the NI protocol and the Irish Sea border which has severely disrupted supply lines. While travel within UK may be possible depending on circumstances, foreign travel including to Republic of Ireland is almost certainly not happening. Even with reduced capacity on ships, there are questions on whether tour buses would be advisable this year particularly over summer months when tensions tend to rise to the surface. I don't mean this to be in any way a political post, just a reality check.

10 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Normal rational thinking doesn't always apply in Northern Ireland. In normal times cruise ships are welcome but there is deep unrest and tension in many communities over the Brexit mess, the NI protocol and the Irish Sea border which has severely disrupted supply lines. While travel within UK may be possible depending on circumstances, foreign travel including to Republic of Ireland is almost certainly not happening. Even with reduced capacity on ships, there are questions on whether tour buses would be advisable this year particularly over summer months when tensions tend to rise to the surface. I don't mean this to be in any way a political post, just a reality check.

I must admit it would be a stay onboard port for me. fingers crossed we can get back to some sort of normality soon. 

11 minutes ago, Bobo2009 said:

I see that 14th and 26th August itineraries are still showing on Celebrity website - I am due to go on the 26th August to Norwegian Fjords - hoping not cancelled (again!!)

I am booked on that sailing also, but with things the way they are, I’m working on a plan B based on (as of yet) unconfirmed changes posted. I just want to KNOW, but appreciate that we have a constantly shifting picture so it must be difficult on many fronts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

This is currently 'under discussion' in the UK.  So far, most of us who have had the vaccination have received a card with dates and vaccines on, but this is far from official proof.

3 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

As with the pcr test certificates - all are very, very easy to forge and 100% impossible to verify.

My recent certificate here in BC has a bar code.

All vaccinations in the UK should go into the patients notes. Not all people will have access to an App called PatientAccess but if if their GPs use the software EMIS they maydo. I can find evidence of my vaccinations under the Medical Record Medications..... it is not obvious. 

Having bricks thrown at me in Belfast on an open top bus. Will remind me of my twenties...

On 3/26/2021 at 6:23 PM, hawkesbaynz said:

All vaccinations in the UK should go into the patients notes. Not all people will have access to an App called PatientAccess but if if their GPs use the software EMIS they maydo. I can find evidence of my vaccinations under the Medical Record Medications..... it is not obvious. 

Having bricks thrown at me in Belfast on an open top bus. Will remind me of my twenties...

I was staying in the Europa hotel, checking out the morning  before it was  blown up.

15 hours ago, bluwes said:

Any further updates. I sent that cruise schedule to my TA and she has heard nothing. Our 26th August Fjords sailing is still on sale

The itineraries are in the system of a TA since Thursday. They are not official released but maybe the next days more information will follow..

• Like 2

Our Sept 4 sailing is still listed but at horrendous prices.  The Aug 26 Norwegian Fjords one is gone.  This is consistent with what someone posted about Silhouette doing 7 day cruises in the UK for the summer.

5 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Our Sept 4 sailing is still listed but at horrendous prices.  The Aug 26 Norwegian Fjords one is gone.  This is consistent with what someone posted about Silhouette doing 7 day cruises in the UK for the summer.

At last, it looks like we will get the information we need.  I never thought I would be happy to do a cruise around these shores, but I am.  I'll be stocking up on travel sickness medication though!  Shame they are not doing that 9-night Norwegian Fjords cruise next year.

From the email cancelling my August cruise:

If you are a vaccinated resident of the UK you will also have the option to reschedule your holiday for one of the new UK cruises out of Southampton departing from June 26, 2021 through August 28, 2021.

I had my 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday and the retired Dr who administered it told me the above.

He also said there was discussion about  a Booster in September for the over 70’s, which would cover the variants.

Edited by upwarduk

App does not apply for Scotland

On 3/25/2021 at 7:09 PM, Ulsteinvik said:

Not official published but here are the itineraries

26 June 2021: 3 Nt All Inclusive UK Coastal Mini Cruise f

29 June 2021: 4 Nt All Inclusive Mini Cruise with Glasgow 

3 July 2021: 6 Nt All Inclusive British Isles  (with Greenock, Belfast and Portland)

9 July 2021: 8 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Kirkwall, Belfast, Portland)

17 July 2021: 6 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness and Belfast)

23 July 2021: 8 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Kirkwall, Inverness, Liverpool, Portland)

31 July 2021: 6 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Liverpool)

06 August 2021: 8 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Liverpool, Greenock, Kirkwall, Inverness)

14 August 2021: 7 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Belfast, Portland)

21 August 2021: 7 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Kirkwall, Greenock)

28 August 2021: 7 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Liverpool, Portland, Belfast)

What is interesting is that they are now saying:

Due to the high demand for cruise travel, starting July 3, 2021, the Celebrity Silhouette® will set sail from Southampton on a series of six to eight-night itineraries around Britain’s coastline

so it looks like they may have ditched the 3/4 night cruises in June.  P&O have changed many of their shorter itineraries into 7-night ones too - only 5 days after release.  We are truly in a fluid situation.

I've had an email this morning from Celebrity promoting these short cruises around Britain from 3 July but heard nothing about cancelling our 31 July Mediterranean out of Southampton!!! I see this cruise is no longer available to book on their website but come on Celebrity, how much longer are you going to hang on to our deposit????

This premature scrabble to get under way is a marketing and PR disaster. The stunning new Celebrity Silhouette is also gilding the lily a bit!

Dear 
It’s me again, with more great news to share! After announcing our long-awaited return to service with Celebrity Millennium in St. Maarten and Celebrity Apex’s long-awaited debut in Athens, I have one more piece of good news to share for our British guests in the UK. Celebrity Silhouette will set sail from Southampton this summer marking our long-awaited return to UK shores.

The last several months have not been easy and many of us have had to delay birthday and anniversary celebrations, family reunions and annual holidays. We are so excited to be able to provide our British guests a much-needed escape and a chance to relax and reconnect with family and friends at sea.

Departing Southampton from Saturday, 3rd July, the stunning new luxury Celebrity Silhouette will embark on a series of six-to-eight-night itineraries around Britain’s coastline. Guests will have the chance to explore the Jurassic Coastline from Portland, discover the bustling Scottish cities and stunning highlands from Inverness, Kirkwall and Glasgow, uncover the rich history of Belfast, plus immerse themselves in the creative and cultural hub of Liverpool, home of the Beatles!

As always, the health and safety of our guests, crew and places we visit continues to be our top priority. Celebrity Silhouette will sail with all guests above the age of 18 vaccinated against COVID-19, and those under the age of 18 with negative PCR test results. The ship will sail with comprehensive, multi-layered health and safety measures leveraging expert guidance from its Healthy Sail Panel; Royal Caribbean Group’s Global Head of Public Health and Chief Medical Officer; and local UK health and government authorities. These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards. Details on all health and safety measures across the entire Celebrity Cruises holiday experience can be found at www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea.

Thank you again for all of your support. It is your unwavering commitment to our incredible brand that has allowed us to push through. I look forward to seeing you back on board very soon.

All my best,

Edited by BigAl94

30 minutes ago, Colrabi said:

I've had an email this morning from Celebrity promoting these short cruises around Britain from 3 July but heard nothing about cancelling our 31 July Mediterranean out of Southampton!!! I see this cruise is no longer available to book on their website but come on Celebrity, how much longer are you going to hang on to our deposit????

Did you book direct or via a third party?  My Agent (at Celebrity) sent me an email shortly after 9 am telling me that the new sailings would not be available to book until 6th April.  This was followed at 9.45 am with the cancellation notification of my 26th August Fjords sailing.  

The marketing e mail I received from my TA would seem to suggest there is also a mini cruise at the end of October for 3 nights. Wondering if that means rest of September/October has not changed?

Edited by GerScot