Jump to content

Celebrity Silhouette to sail from UK 2021


Ulsteinvik
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Is that your opinion?  Or do you know something more about the situation? The current company statements say otherwise.

This is a quote direct from the CEO ...... however just realised I’m in a Silhouette thread rather than Apex. 

 

Celebrity Apex will sail with all crew and guests vaccinated against COVID-19, and those under the age of 18 with negative PCR test results. This means that all guests, age 18 and over, must have completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series), and that the guest has received the final dose at least 14 days before sailing. Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel. These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards.

Edited by Stu UK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if the issue of vaccinating the crew has to do with local Governmental rules. The Apex is sailing from Greece, Silhouette from the UK. I have seen discussions regarding companies in the UK cannot mandate Covid vaccinations. Could this be the reason for the disparity within Celebrity's restart of cruise sailings?

 

Edited by kwokpot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I wonder if the issue of vaccinating the crew has to do with local Governmental rules. The Apex is sailing from Greece, Silhouette from the UK. I have seen discussions regarding companies i  the UK cannot mandate Covid vaccinations. could this be the reason for the disparity within Celebrity's restart of cruise sailings?

 

But for the Silhouette UK sailings they have mandated vaccinations for adult passengers.  And the crew are with perhaps few exceptions, not going to be UK citizens working for a UK company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TeeRick said:

But for the Silhouette UK sailings they have mandated vaccinations for adult passengers.  And the crew are with perhaps few exceptions, not going to be UK citizens working for a UK company.

Curious that Royal has just announced Anthem to offer UK residents only cruises with a fully vaccinated crew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2021 at 11:31 PM, groryjm said:

from the email Celebrity sent me this aftenoon

 

prices.thumb.jpg.e1fe173a1aea2e338dfaf573164a7c3d.jpg

 

Thanks for this information. I notice there is a gap between the last sailing in August and the last one posted as a mini cruise at the end of October that ends just in time for the scheduled Transatlantic crossing on 1st November.

 

My booked cruise to France and Spain is one of the five cruises still available on the website that fit into that gap. Am I wrong to be feeling a teensy weensy bit hopeful, and keeping my fingers crossed that the UK cruises go ahead without problems, and that EU will allow ships to dock. 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, laslomas said:

 

Thanks for this information. I notice there is a gap between the last sailing in August and the last one posted as a mini cruise at the end of October that ends just in time for the scheduled Transatlantic crossing on 1st November.

 

My booked cruise to France and Spain is one of the five cruises still available on the website that fit into that gap. Am I wrong to be feeling a teensy weensy bit hopeful, and keeping my fingers crossed that the UK cruises go ahead without problems, and that EU will allow ships to dock. 🤞

 

We are also in that gap but on a different cruise...We would be quite happy to sale down to the Canary Islands and back with no stops and just enjoy the ship and (hopefully) a bit of sunshine!

 

Seriously I think these cruises have been left as they are at present for three possible reasons....

 

To limit the number of guests changing cruises/wanting refunds at present.

 

To see how the situation goes over the next few months...

 

To see what the take up on the new itineraries is like. If it isn’t popular they can pull the plug at the end of August.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ours is also beginning of October, just over 6 months away. A lot can happen both ways before then but I am a bit more confident we might be able to cruise. I also expect vaccine supply in the UK will be more available by then and possibly available to crew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, GerScot said:

Ours is also beginning of October, just over 6 months away. A lot can happen both ways before then but I am a bit more confident we might be able to cruise. I also expect vaccine supply in the UK will be more available by then and possibly available to crew.

Why would UK vaccinate foreign crew?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully we will all be fully vaccinated in the UK by September bar children and the f..wits who are refusing. Imagine if there are surplus vaccinations by then (with possibly x 6 jabs available for the UK) we will be able to sell the vaccines to Celebrity.

 

I would not wish to shop in my local shopping centre with a massive number of unvaccinated people. This would be the case when back to cruising unless they are penned in the ships as Southampton is mobbed with cruiseline staff on change over days. They love shopping there and are usually very welcome. I imagine the local council will have something to say if they are doing so if unvaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Hopefully we will all be fully vaccinated in the UK by September bar children and the f..wits who are refusing. Imagine if there are surplus vaccinations by then (with possibly x 6 jabs available for the UK) we will be able to sell the vaccines to Celebrity.

 

 

I really cannot see the UK Government selling vaccine to a Liberian registered company to vaccinate multi national crew so that Brits can go on holiday.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

Believe me, these large corporations have access to vaccines - at a price. There are many instances of vaccines being given to people who aren't legitimately eligible here in Illinois. Money buys access.

But do you know directly of a case where a large or small corporation have bought a COVID vaccine at a price in Illinois or elsewhere?  Other than if they are a healthcare company with healthcare workers for example?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

But do you know directly of a case where a large or small corporation have bought a COVID vaccine at a price in Illinois or elsewhere?  Other than if they are a healthcare company with healthcare workers for example?

No, I was speaking about companies that have used their influence to "jump the queue" here. 

Edited by librarylady19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

I really cannot see the UK Government selling vaccine to a Liberian registered company to vaccinate multi national crew so that Brits can go on holiday.

 Hmmm, possibly! We know about the moralistic virtues of our leader so if their is a buck and it will do some good I cannot see why not. 

 

Gibraltar are vaccinating all Spanish workers so they cannot importthe virus into their fully vaccinated Rock so....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a heads-up in case this issue has come up on this thread, as I haven't read through all of the posts. 

 

I just called Celebrity and got the official word that NO B2Bs will be allowed on ANY of the new summer itineraries being posted, to include those on the Millennium out of St Maarten, the Apex out of Athens and the Silhouette out of Southampton. When I mentioned the original B2B guidance that went out to the TAs in some form or fashion I was reading about on CC, he said the TAs were sent an email yesterday clarifying this NO B2B issue. So anyone booked on a B2B on any of these new sailings, beware. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

 

No - we'll be giving them away free to "3rd World" Countries instead.

Hope so once everyone has been vaccinated in UK, or perhaps offering surplus to our nearest neighbours like Ireland and France. If for no other reason than to help stop infections crossing the Irish border or Channel. 

More important than selling to private companies.

IMO companies should be doing deals with the drug companies not countries 

Edited by sgmn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2021 at 3:48 PM, TeeRick said:

Is that your opinion?  Or do you know something more about the situation? The current company statements say otherwise.

Celebrity have confirmed the crew will be vaccinated for UK sailings

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/cruise/celebrity-cruises-to-use-vaccinated-crew-for-domestic-sailings

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

It seems the UK has ordered 400 MILLION doses of the various vaccines.

 

Given that we have roughly 68 million adults in the UK - then, assuming 100% take-up, allowing for the double-jab and a spare booster for the winter, that takes us to 210 million.

 

We appear to have planned for a few spare - which allows us to handle any hiccups (like the EU lol).

 

IF we have roughly 200 million spare, I don't see any reason we shouldn't sell half for double what we paid and give half away free to the poorer Countries of the World.

 

Result !!

 

Now someone pops along to berate me for such a thought lol

Any country that can afford to pay double the price probably has its supply already ordered, so I doubt you'd find many takers. Just give all of the surplus to the poorer countries and help the global community in its fight against COVID.

 

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

On the B2B issue - if the CDC ever allow cruises from US ports again, they have their stance (to Nov so far) that no cruise can be longer than 7N - so that stops any B2B over that period.

 

Simple - do a 7N cruise, then have a night ashore and then hookup with another cruiseline for another 7N.

 

IF they sail, we're due on MSC August 28th from Miami, then a night ashore on Sept 4th and a drive to Port Canaveral to join another MSC ship on Sept 5th = win/win.

 

People having been doing this for years. Works very well, and you don't need to switch cruise lines unless that's your choice.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were scheduled on the Silhouette's Sept. 2020 out of Southampton, but had to lift & shift to Sept. 2021.  We completed our second dose of Pfizer vaccine Feb. 13.  We are daring to hope to be able to sail this year!  Hope the UK will allow foreigners then.  We only have the cards given to us with each dose and hope that will be acceptable as proof of vaccination. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Announcement: Sail with Marella Cruises ~ Sponsored by Marella Cruises
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...