Booked my first RC cruise on Brilliance OTS!

Hi all!

I’m Elite on Celebrity sailing on RC for the first time. I booked a 4-night in cabin 9256.  I was happy to receive a discount because of my Diamond status. Is there anything else I should know about Diamond status? Something not to be overlooked?

I’m really not familiar with RC, and I did see a FAQ for newbies. I’ll eventually read through that, but for now...

Do I need to start making reservations for shows? Are there upcharges on the main dining room menu? Is there a room service charge? 

I’m open to anything you want to share about Royal in general or the Brilliance! 

10 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Hi all!

I’m Elite on Celebrity sailing on RC for the first time. I booked a 4-night in cabin 9256.  I was happy to receive a discount because of my Diamond status. Is there anything else I should know about Diamond status? Something not to be overlooked?

I’m really not familiar with RC, and I did see a FAQ for newbies. I’ll eventually read through that, but for now...

Do I need to start making reservations for shows? Are there upcharges on the main dining room menu? Is there a room service charge? 

I’m open to anything you want to share about Royal in general or the Brilliance! 

Unfortunately, the Diamond perks are in upheaval now. Big changes announced, then the information got pulled. 

No reservations on Brilliance in the past, but who knows if that will change

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately, the Diamond perks are in upheaval now. Big changes announced, then the information got pulled. 

No reservations on Brilliance in the past, but who knows if that will change

I was happily surprised with the price reduction, if nothing else!

9 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I was happily surprised with the price reduction, if nothing else!

Hopefully you will at least have some of the diamond perks, we definitely enjoyed our Brilliance cruise. 

Brilliance Deck 9 aft.  First cruise on RC.

Snap.

Apart from the cabin - we were in 9660 😁

Ours was way back in 2008, we've sailed on many more RC ships since then but nothing beats that first time with that amazing view on the best ship we have ever sailed on.  

Re reserving shows - they didn't do it way back then but in Covid times it could be different.

We did a Baltic cruise out of Amsterdam in 2018 and loved it.  

we were in a Junior suite, our ‘go to’ stateroom for non-Oasis or Quantum class vessels. 
We did not make reservations for any shows, and really did not find it necessary.  
There are up charge items on the MDR menu, e.g. steaks from steaks from Chops, but I have never found it necessary.  Matter of personal preference in my opinion.

Everything seems to be in flux with benefits, room service charges, etc., so I would recommend checking back closer to your sailing date.

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Hi all!

Oasis class does reservations, not these smaller older ships. Do try oasis class sometime, imo they are worth it.

There is a diamond lounge. Some leaked info indicated it might be capacity controlled. There is normally coffee in the morning and during happy hour free drinks. It's possible instead of 3 extra drinks you might get 5 anytime drinks. For many that's a good change to get anytime drinks. 

My favorite thing on rcl is their adult pool at solarium. 

35 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’ve done corner aft on Celebrity and really loved it. I did Google to make sure there wasn’t any obstruction in that area. 

Love aft corner suites, my favorite grand suite on any ship is 1600 on brilliance 

I've sailed the Brilliance twice.  I love the ship.  As mentioned, in the past there was no reserving of shows.  You may choose to make dinner reservations in specialty restaurants once on the ship if you prefer.  We found the dining room food was fine, but we also had a special meal at Chops Grille as well.  We also ate all breakfasts at the Windjammer and a few lunches and dinners even.  

6 hours ago, Cigar King said:

If you are not in a suite, there is a charge for room service.  A continental breakfast can be ordered on room service for no charge.  (Pre covid anyway)

Would coffee be available through room service as part of a continental breakfast, or would there be a fee charged? 

I’m sort of wondering if it’ll be ok to bring food back to the balcony from the buffet. I like a cup as I’m waking up!

3 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Would coffee be available through room service as part of a continental breakfast, or would there be a fee charged? 

I’m sort of wondering if it’ll be ok to bring food back to the balcony from the buffet. I like a cup as I’m waking up!

Coffee and tea are delivered free as part of continental breakfast.   And yes you can bring food back from Windjammer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Looking at the deck plans, the port side mirrors the starboard. I wonder why there’s not a Grand Suite on port side, too. 

The port side has crew area/staircase. Not sure which it is - but it takes away from cabin space, so NO GS on that side.    Decks 7-9 have a Junior suite on the starboard side, but not the port side.  

There were a few nice perks for D but,  as noted, they are  up in the air for now.     If there is lounge access, it is for every night,  and the  HH is for 3 hours.  Years ago , we sailed Celebrity a few times and I recall the loyalty  lounge did not open the first night and the night of the Captain's reception and the nightly event  was for 2 hours.  

Make sure to read the benefit sheet in the cabin. 

Enjoy the Brilliance.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The port side has crew area/staircase. Not sure which it is - but it takes away from cabin space, so NO GS on that side.    Decks 7-9 have a Junior suite on the starboard side, but not the port side.  

Enjoy the Brilliance.  

M

The Fire Escape Stairs are next to Cabin 9256, though Crew use these during AM and PM as Crew Stairs. At times little noisy as some let Fire Door slam its nice being in corner away from all passenger traffic as none walk past your door talking loud

• 1 month later...

We have 9256  booked in Feb next year - I'm so excited! 

When are you booked? I just noticed a price drop this week - I called and got a $680 price reduction, so keep an eye on your prices! 

If you are booked before us, let us know how you liked the cruise and the cabin!