New Itineries

Ilovemygarden

10 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Wowzz

Are you able to post the schedules for the other ships like you have done for Arvia, Arcadia and Aurora...

Dont worry if you cant / unable too 

Thank you

Cruisefan2012 

The brochure I have only covers those cruises that are new (eg Canary fly cruises) or involve new ships,  or are out of the "ordinary". It does not show a complete schedule by port, for every ship. Sorry I can't help more.  

• Thanks 1

Wowzz

No problems - thank you anyways

I can wait for Wednesday

Always said I never fancied the Caribbean but may give it a go on Britannia ( I love Britannia ) or Arvia - depending on the price of course.......

Thank you

Cruisefan2012 

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

16176406151952303799830923587346.jpg

It's a bit pants that the Falklands row is still going on.Ushuaia and BA being bypassed.Ushuaia is a dump but BA well worth the trip especially being just over the road from Montevideo.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, reef112 said:

Are there any Northern Lights cruises listed? 
Thanks!

Just these - there may be others, but they are not shown as northern  light cruises.

16177097330123718565017078344955.jpg

Edited by wowzz
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Wowzz for all your postings of itineraries.

We are thinking we may booking the March round trip cruise to the Caribbean on Ventura (New Orleans,  Belize etc.) or possibly one, or more likely B2B, fly cruises on Our Vera, possibly including her Trans Atlantic.  Can I ask whether from experience, it has been normal for big increases in prices to follow on those cruises, and if so, would there be a difference in that increase %, between the round trip or the fly cruises regards the scale of any future mark up in price?

8 minutes ago, tring said:

Thank you Wowzz for all your postings of itineraries.

We are thinking we may booking the March round trip cruise to the Caribbean on Ventura (New Orleans,  Belize etc.) or possibly one, or more likely B2B, fly cruises on Our Vera, possibly including her Trans Atlantic.  Can I ask whether from experience, it has been normal for big increases in prices to follow on those cruises, and if so, would there be a difference in that increase %, between the round trip or the fly cruises regards the scale of any future mark up in price?

The 35 night Caribbean cruises on Ventura are extremley popular and it is nearly always cheaper to book them as soon as they come out.Because there are far more Caribbean fly cruises to choose from the price increase varies and occasionally decreases nearer the time if not selling well

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

The 35 night Caribbean cruises on Ventura are extremley popular and it is nearly always cheaper to book them as soon as they come out.Because there are far more Caribbean fly cruises to choose from the price increase varies and occasionally decreases nearer the time if not selling well

Thanks a lot Ann, that was what I was thinking may be the case.  The longer time at sea attracts us in many ways, but we are used to travelling on much smaller ships, so are a bit wary of Ventura.

We did go on her to the fjords in her first season and remember the sun beds being being put out right next to each other, so the only way you could get onto one was from the end, rather than having space to walk up by the side of the bed.  We are also thinking that it could be very difficult to find a sun bed if we are up late (which is pretty much the norm for us).  Am I right in that?  We would want a balcony, but the chance to lie out on deck sometimes has it's appeal on Trans Atlantics and we are rarely out there before 11 am.

Edited by tring

26 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We booked the 35 day January 21 Ventura cruise shortly after launch. We switched this  to a 2022 cruise last year, and, from memory the price had increased by about 30% at the time of the switch.

Definitely pays to book shortly after the new schedules are launched.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I am hoping the 22 night TA  to Antigua in January onboard the Arvia, won't be too pricey. How much for a balcony, £3000? I wouldn't want to pay much more for a Saver fare.

I would say that would be a cracking price, taking into account that your airfare back to the UK would be included. 

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We booked the 35 day January 21 Ventura cruise shortly after launch. We switched this  to a 2022 cruise last year, and, from memory the price had increased by about 30% at the time of the switch.

Definitely pays to book shortly after the new schedules are launched.

We booked the 35 day Jan 22 cruise at launch, it is currently over 50% more expensive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tring said:

Thanks for the replies Wowzz and Phil, looks like we need to make our mind up on that then!

We will likely look at one of the 35 night cruises for 23, however it will depend on the launch price, having taken 1 of these cruises each year since 2017 we would typically know what price to expect at launch, however things are not the same now and I expect P&O to take advantage of the situation and put up the launch price, this may deter us from booking at launch and see how things pan out. It is a case of paying your money and taking your chances.

We too had booked the Jan 35 night 2021 cruise at launch and know how much dearer the Jan or Feb 2022 cruise will be if we decide to book nearer the time.However having had to cancel a cruise in Jan 2020 at short notice for health reasons and with covid it means we are reluctant to book when the new itineraries are released.Its a pity P and O don't have an offer of £50pp deposit like Princess

1 hour ago, tring said:

Thanks a lot Ann, that was what I was thinking may be the case.  The longer time at sea attracts us in many ways, but we are used to travelling on much smaller ships, so are a bit wary of Ventura.

We did go on her to the fjords in her first season and remember the sun beds being being put out right next to each other, so the only way you could get onto one was from the end, rather than having space to walk up by the side of the bed.  We are also thinking that it could be very difficult to find a sun bed if we are up late (which is pretty much the norm for us).  Am I right in that?  We would want a balcony, but the chance to lie out on deck sometimes has it's appeal on Trans Atlantics and we are rarely out there before 11 am.

As far as sunbathing is concerned, C deck balconies are best.You can usually get a sunlounger if you don't mind having one away from the pool.We have never found a problem

8 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We too had booked the Jan 35 night 2021 cruise at launch and know how much dearer the Jan or Feb 2022 cruise will be if we decide to book nearer the time.However having had to cancel a cruise in Jan 2020 at short notice for health reasons and with covid it means we are reluctant to book when the new itineraries are released.Its a pity P and O don't have an offer of £50pp deposit like Princess

P&O do sometimes have £50pp deposit promotion, not noticed one recently, we have always had the £50 deposit when we have booked onboard.

1 hour ago, tring said:

Hi Tring,Grand class ships like Ventura are fast becoming medium sized ships with all the new builds.We found that class ideal for us on Princess.Always found somewhere onboard that was not too manic.Cheers,Brian.

• Thanks 1