C & A Specialty Dining Benefit

9 minutes ago, Cruisin MarcnFran said:

Is C&A still offering 2 for 1 on certain nights in Specialty Restaurants? Or has that been removed with all the other benefits?

No one knows what changes are being made to the C&A program.  We simply know that changes are coming.  I recently sent an e-mail to Royal asking when we might know and was advised it would probably occur when cruising actually resumes.

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Night one and night two 

It was interpreted differently on different ships.  In a couple of instances, all they required was making a reservation on the first night.  The reservation could be for that night or any night of the cruise.  On most ships, it was actually dining on the first two nights.

52 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Something I'm looking forward to, even though it will be liberty... assuming she gets started already. 

My taste buds are peeking up already. 

The Mac n Cheese at Chops is divine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, yogimax said:

It was interpreted differently on different ships.  In a couple of instances, all they required was making a reservation on the first night.  The reservation could be for that night or any night of the cruise.  On most ships, it was actually dining on the first two nights.

Unfortunately, you can never count on interpretation of an actual policy. 

I can only share what's written

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The Mac n Cheese at Chops is divine 

Lol right now my mouth is watering for a steak cooked perfect. I have a huge patio but no grill. I wish they would hurry up and let vaccinated people cruise already. My mouth and brain want a chops steak.

Sure I can add mac n cheese. I cant remember having it or how good it is. White cheese? I'd like some fruit on the side please. Something tangy and fresh.

PS I'm really good with having it first night lol. The sooner the better in my frame of mind. ..and 2nd night or whatever else liberty has, I cant remember. Darn now I'm also thinking a couple glasses of light white wine. Goes with steak!! I sure wish we were cruising. Sounds so good.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

On 4/6/2021 at 4:09 PM, firefly333 said:

Lol right now my mouth is watering for a steak cooked perfect. I have a huge patio but no grill. I wish they would hurry up and let vaccinated people cruise already. My mouth and brain want a chops steak.

Sure I can add mac n cheese. I cant remember having it or how good it is. White cheese? I'd like some fruit on the side please. Something tangy and fresh.

PS I'm really good with having it first night lol. The sooner the better in my frame of mind. ..and 2nd night or whatever else liberty has, I cant remember. Darn now I'm also thinking a couple glasses of light white wine. Goes with steak!! I sure wish we were cruising. Sounds so good.

22 minutes ago, imola said:

Sounds like you know this ship.  We are booked to sail on the Liberty come July.  Have not been on her before.  Can you share the must see and do on this ship.   Thanks

I'm not huge on rcl pizza but the only way to get it is at night as they take it out of the pizza oven on the promenade. My gripe with the 2 food places on the promenade is often the lack of ice. Skip pizza on the buffet. Get it fresh downstairs. 

I swing by ther cafe on the promenade after I get my eggs up on the wj cooked just right, to get biscotti. I think they are almond? I like them. They used to have big soft cookies there, but my favorite are oatmeal raisen so when they have them I get extra, because I like them best. Or the chocolate 2nd. They have sandwiches and breakfast stuff there but I dont try them much. I can only eat so much so I save room for my favourites.

I line up to get ice show tickets. I did a few simple jumps in real life and like ice skating, so like to try and sit as close to the ice as possible. Triple toe loops are rare, but at least doubles. During the half time they have some good entertainment. My favorite was some russians who did barrels amazing, but it could be sand painting or silver hoops, it varies as do the ice skaters. Sometimes you get really lucky with better skaters flown in for a few weeks. 

I am pretty sure I did the italian, but it's now changed and reviews seem to say not for the better. I had raw fish appetizers, and it was previously frozen, so maybe not the best choice at italian. Someone said there is stir fry some nights in wj, idk I remember some area in the back where they grilled steaks. Usually I could find some indian at a station in the wj. I like a little of this and a little of that.

Shows are always my favorite thing. And I'm guilty of going to the ice show twice if extra tickets are available. 

I forgot all about the Ben and Jerry's suite. You get free ice cream and can go to the suite lounge before. Who knows after covid. Now you have to know it's a connecting pr, I booked a non connecting pr, used to be same category and @John&LaLareminded me but I would have lost my price to change from non connecting to connecting...some other time maybe. It's on my liberty bucket list. I've been warned its noisy, but i dont care. 

Lol I should update my signature I have liberty booked 7 times in a row, starting dec 2021. Ask me after #7 if I'm tired of liberty. Allure is late to Galveston and tbh I originally booked b2b allure march 2022. 7 liberty in a row wasnt my original plan. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm not huge on rcl pizza but the only way to get it is at night as they take it out of the pizza over. My gripe with the 2 food places on the promenade is often the lack of ice. Skip pizza on the buffet.

I swing by there after I get my eggs up on the wj cooked just right, by the cafe to get biscotti. I think they are almond? I like them. They used to have big soft cookies there, but my favorite are oatmeal raisen so when they have them I get extra, because I like them best. Or the chocolate 2nd. They have sandwiches and breakfast stuff there but I dont try them much. I can only eat so much so I save room for my favourites.

I line up to get ice show tickets. I did a few simple jumps and like to try and sit as close to the ice as possible. Triple toe loops are rare, but at least doubles. During the half time they have some good entertainment. My favorite was some russians who did barrels amazing, but it could be sand painting or silver hoops, it varies as do the ice skaters. Sometimes you get really lucky with better skaters flown in for a few weeks. 

I am pretty sure I did the italian, but it's now changed and reviews seem to say not for the better. I had raw fish appetizers, and it was previously frozen, so maybe not the best choice at italian. Someone said there is stir fry some nights in wj, idk I remember some area in the back where they grilled steaks. Usually I could find some indian at a station in the wj. I like a little of this and a little of that.

Shows are always my favorite thing. And I'm guilty of going to the ice show twice if extra tickets are available. 

I forgot all about the Ben and Jerry's suite. You get free ice cream and can go to the suite lounge before. Who knows after covid. Now you have to know it's a connecting pr, I booked a non connecting pr, used to be same category and @John&LaLareminded me but I would have lost my price to change from non connecting to connecting...some other time maybe. It's on my liberty bucket list. I've been warned its noisy, but i dont care. 

Lol I should update my signature I have liberty booked 7 times in a row, starting dec 2021. Ask me after #7 if I'm tired of liberty. Allure is late to Galveston and tbh I originally booked b2b allure march 2022. 7 liberty in a row wasnt my original plan. 

3 minutes ago, imola said:

Thank you so much for your quite and informative reply.  Enjoy at those cruises.   

I only have one pr booked. Had a hump that got cancelled for april, poof. Have a corn aft next march. A little of this and that booked, never the same cabin twice.

One day I'll try 6305 the ben and Jerry's suite. Cow everything. And daily free ben and Jerry's free at the cafe. The cows butt from the ice cream sign blocks some view so rcl made it special lol.

20210407_204527119.jpeg

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I only have one pr booked. Had a hump that got cancelled for april, poof. Have a corn aft next march. A little of this and that booked, never the same cabin twice.

One day I'll try 6305 the ben and Jerry's suite. Cow everything. And daily free ben and Jerry's free at the cafe. The cows butt from the ice cream sign blocks some view so rcl made it special lol.

20210407_204527119.jpeg

We did the one on Freedom

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Absolutely love the pork belly appetizer ordered extra crispy. 

image.png.1497d7b734a456974867f771f79d911a.png

I tried that on Freedom of the Seas at Giovanni's. They were nice enough there to bring me a wedge salad from Chops to replace it. I know tastes differ, but that just made me think I was chewing slimy oily tasteless almost-cooked fat. I forget what main dish I ordered, but a couple bites into it, and I simply left, never to return. I'm gonna miss not having a Sabor when going on Adventure of the Seas in June, though that's probably a good thing because 21 dinners at Sabor would not be good for my clothes packing. But I figured I'll just do Chops and Johnny Rockets while seeing how they worked the main dining room and Windjammer during the first cruise and then decide what to do for my 2nd and 3rd sailings. 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dswallow said:

I know tastes differ, but that just made me think I was chewing slimy oily tasteless almost-cooked fat. 🙂

LOL... that is how I felt when I tried it as well. Glad I was not the only one.

• Like 1