Miami hotels

Hi, it's easy to find a hotel with airport shuttle. I dont know I can name the site I use, but shuttles will be shown. The issue is to find a hotel with a shuttle to the port imo. It's usually one or the other. I'd try to get one east of the airport so you are closer to the port. I saw at least 6 listed and I wasnt really seriously looking yet. 

There is a east coast departures board on cc where many favourites will be listed. 

I love the doubletree about a mile from the port , loads of restaurants and even live music . We just Uber , I seen Uber being cheaper than some shuttles, you can get a balcony overlooking port area, love waking up and seeing my ship.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Hi, it's easy to find a hotel with airport shuttle. I dont know I can name the site I use, but shuttles will be shown. The issue is to find a hotel with a shuttle to the port imo. It's usually one or the other. I'd try to get one east of the airport so you are closer to the port. I saw at least 6 listed and I wasnt really seriously looking yet. 

There is a east coast departures board on cc where many favourites will be listed. 

You can.  As long as it is not a travel agency or agent's site, you can name it.

There's also a free trolley that goes around Downtown Miami and the cruise terminal.  (There are stops near each terminal)  So if you choose a hotel within a short walk of the trolley route, you can just hop on and make your way to the cruise terminal.  Note: Not suggested for those with multiple luggages. 

3 hours ago, Ohiocruiser said:

Need a pre cruise hotel for next March. Hopefully  one that has airport shuttle.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

51 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Have you checked the Florida Departures board? That's where this topic is discussed regularly.

Florida Departures - Cruise Critic Community

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I find getting your own taxi or Uber/lyft preferable to a hotel cruiseport shuttle. Then you can depart when YOU want rather than waiting for a predetermined shuttle. The hotel cruise port shuttles are almost never cheaper than getting your own transport, especially in the Miami area.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

There's also a free trolley that goes around Downtown Miami and the cruise terminal.  (There are stops near each terminal)  So if you choose a hotel within a short walk of the trolley route, you can just hop on and make your way to the cruise terminal.  Note: Not suggested for those with multiple luggages. 

Does the trolley now go to the cruise terminal?  That's new since I was there, but it's been a while. We did take the trolley just for fun. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I find getting your own taxi or Uber/lyft preferable to a hotel cruiseport shuttle. Then you can depart when YOU want rather than waiting for a predetermined shuttle. The hotel cruise port shuttles are almost never cheaper than getting your own transport, especially in the Miami area.

When we first started cruising we booked a hotel based on it having a shuttle....never again.  After an hour waiting for it and being told any minute now for 30 minutes of that we gave up and took a taxi.  Didn’t even bother looking for the shuttle when the cruise was over, we just took a taxi.  

• Like 2

Due to cruise industry shutdown, a lot of MIA hotels have stopped offering free airport shuttle or cut back on operating hours. You need to contact the property directly to confirm what is available.

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I agree with this - Uber of Lyft is the best way to go - not expensive and you choose your own time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Does the trolley now go to the cruise terminal?  That's new since I was there, but it's been a while. We did take the trolley just for fun. 

Yes, it stops near Terminal A, with a number of stops, covering all terminals.  Before the pandemic, we took the trolley from Terminal G, just before crossing over the bridge. We've taken the trolley many times to go to Bayside Marketplace, a very nice outdoor strip mall located just on the other side of the bridge. Smiling...the free trolley is widely used by crew members who wants to go to Ross, Marshall's or CVS.

4 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Yes, it stops near Terminal A, with a number of stops, covering all terminals.  Before the pandemic, we took the trolley from Terminal G, just before crossing over the bridge. We've taken the trolley many times to go to Bayside Marketplace, a very nice outdoor strip mall located just on the other side of the bridge. Smiling...the free trolley is widely used by crew members who wants to go to Ross, Marshall's or CVS.

Trolley is nice - just would’nt depend on it to get to port at any specific time.

9 hours ago, Ohiocruiser said:

Need a pre cruise hotel for next March. Hopefully  one that has airport shuttle.

We stay at the downtown Miami Hilton. Fast food across the street. And a Publix down the street. Uber from airport to hotel and hotel to port. 

alternately, we stay at the contras down the street from the Hilton. 

We just booked the Marriott Brickell.  Do not care for the "free" airport shuttle.  We prefer a private car- or uber.  So much better.  Especially now during Covid.  The price was good and the location excellent.  We also prefer a private car to the port.  Do not like crowded shuttle- that might stop at other ships dropping people off.  We are spending so much on a vacation, why not enjoy as soon as possible.

We also stayed at the EB hotel in Miami springs.  Beautiful hotel excellent food and service- but not close to anything else- if just for an overnight stay a good option.  We stayed at the Hampton inn Brickell also- terrible.  Very noisy- paper thin walls- tiny rooms.

10 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We just booked the Marriott Brickell.  Do not care for the "free" airport shuttle.  We prefer a private car- or uber.  So much better.  Especially now during Covid.  The price was good and the location excellent.  We also prefer a private car to the port.  Do not like crowded shuttle- that might stop at other ships dropping people off.  We are spending so much on a vacation, why not enjoy as soon as possible.

We also stayed at the EB hotel in Miami springs.  Beautiful hotel excellent food and service- but not close to anything else- if just for an overnight stay a good option.  We stayed at the Hampton inn Brickell also- terrible.  Very noisy- paper thin walls- tiny rooms.

The Brickell area is very nice and close to port.  Don't miss Mary Brickell Village and City Center if you're into shopping - both are within walking distance to where you're staying. 

• Like 1

I will never take a shuttle to or from the cruise port anymore.  As others have said you wait forever and then multiple stops . I just take a cab . No more waiting for the shuttle to fill up with passengers before we leave . 

• Like 1