Return to Sailing Announcement 28 April 2021

mrlevin

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

That leg is legit waitlisted...I grabbed the last 3 cabins a couple weeks ago. I think it will sail...

And Pcardad, Army, and others....The Dec 18 "Mariner" segment from Miami to San Francisco has also been "sold out/waitlisted" in all suites for about a month now.  So, I'd like to think/hope that it's simply a "very popular itinerary" that a lot of folks with FCC's to spend are interested in....and not something "ominous" going on. Regards to all.  "Fingers crossed"

6 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Hey Army - Interestingly enough, I just noticed that every "Mariner" cruise from yours, starting on Oct 31, right on through the end of the year, including my "Mariner" cruise from Miami (through the Panama Canal) to San Francisco....and right up through May 5 in the Pacific is now completely waitlisted.  Hmmmm??  Any thoughts from anyone??

Could be that there are filling up - lots of pent up demand and people may have been waiting for a signal from RSSC before booking - still availability in Oct for mariner sailings - I dont think they would have cut off the later sailing and leaving the October ones open still.  time will tell

Likewise, we have a booking on Mariner Dec 8, and that went gradually over time from some categories available to everything waitlisted.  Especially after Splendor Dec 7 sailing got fully booked, Mariner Dec 8 started filling up from what I was seeing, 

I feel that Voyager will be second to start with Rome to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi to Cape Town; both of those cruises have been sold out for a while.  

IF, and it is a big IF, Canada backs down and allows sailing from Vancouver this summer, or waiver to PVSA by Congress,  then Explorer might actually be the first ship to sail (now that CDC is more amenable to sailing from USA in July onwards).  

I am now 99% certain that my Splendor cruise from Miami in December will sail; time to make air reservations.  😁

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 1

"I feel that Voyager will be second to start with Rome to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi to Cape Town; both of those cruises have been sold out for a while. "

I'm not too sure on Voyager in October 2021.  They just moved the final payment due date on the Rome to Abu Dhabi sailing to 60 days from embarkation.  If they had solid plans to sail these itineraries then I think Regent would be clamoring to get those funds as quickly as possible. 

Tea leaves are murky...... 

16 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Have the EU announced that non residents will be allowed in?

It will be up to each individual member country to determine their entry requirements.

Here are news articles regarding France & Spain:

France

Spain

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mdunne48 said:

D "I feel that Voyager will be second to start with Rome to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi to Cape Town; both of those cruises have been sold out for a while. "

I'm not too sure on Voyager in October 2021.  They just moved the final payment due date on the Rome to Abu Dhabi sailing to 60 days from embarkation.  If they had solid plans to sail these itineraries then I think Regent would be clamoring to get those funds as quickly as possible. 

Tea leaves are murky...... 

Can you tell me where you see they’ve moved final payment on Rome to Abu Dhabi?

I’m on that cruise. My booking still shows 5/6, and I just called Regent.  They said it might change but as of today it’s still 5/6.

Thanks!

On 4/29/2021 at 2:29 PM, hawaiisloth1 said:

I’m on that cruise. My booking still shows 5/6, and I just called Regent.  They said it might change but as of today it’s still 5/6.

My Account on RSSC.com shows Final Payment Date for this cruise as August 4, 2021. Not sure if that is good news....

10 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Let's hope, we're on a later one Feb---still cabins for sale on the cruise.

All categories have been "wait list" for over 2 weeks on our cruise, that 's what worries me

On 4/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, Got2Cruise said:

Have the EU announced that non residents will be allowed in?

Latest news on EU recommendations to restart tourist travel from outside the EU: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56970398

Any news on when the U.S.A is likely to allow non residents to enter for tourist purposes? This is a potential hurdle for our Regent cruise late this year (Miami to San Francisco). We are hopeful that travel restrictions will have eased by then.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, labonnevie said:

My Account on RSSC.com shows Final Payment Date for this cruise as August 4, 2021. Not sure if that is good news....

the mariner Rome to Venice oct 4 sill shows payment on June 6.  so if they moved one but not the other must mean something like the mariner is not going to sail.  At this point I hope they cancel the mariner because I don't think I want to sail under all those conditions of constant monitoring masks test and first cruise out fot mariner.... not for the price I'm having to pay.  Even if it sails I assume they will have to refund all the deposit and apply the admin fees to a future cruise for someone that cannot get the vax or will to sail under those conditions.

With both leaving from Rome within a day of each other, it may be that Regent is just waiting to move the Mariner cruise final payment date until it is closer to June 6. It was about a week before our final payment date when they finally moved it. Moving it to 60 days gives Regent max flexibility to have all necessary and current information to make a final go/no go decision. I wouldn't read it as a signal that either cruise will sail...or not sail. 

For information the latest rules for entering England have just been released with accompanying "red, amber, green" lists: 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Canada and USA are on the amber list (10 day quarantine).

These lists will be updated as conditions change and there are still a few months to pass  before Splendor is due to re-commence passenger operations from Southampton.

Edited by flossie009

18 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

South Africa is on the red list; what happens if you are flying to USA from South Africa via Heathrow; any problems?

At the moment  ONLY UK & Irish residents are allowed to travel from South Africa to the UK (this is true for all Red List countries), so it would seem that you would not be able to use LHR as your transit hub. When is your proposed flight, maybe things will have changed by then - fingers xd.