Is Connie going to be around for my January 2022 cruise?

I am booked on the January 24th cruise out of Tampa.   I  have  seen a lot of discussions about this ship not being around much longer.  It hasn't been "revolutionized" and there are many rumors about it being sold.  With vaccinations on the rise and the no sail order coming to a conclusion mid July, what are the chances this ship will sail as scheduled?

15 minutes ago, occasional cruiser guy said:

I am booked on the January 24th cruise out of Tampa.   I  have  seen a lot of discussions about this ship not being around much longer.  It hasn't been "revolutionized" and there are many rumors about it being sold.  With vaccinations on the rise and the no sail order coming to a conclusion mid July, what are the chances this ship will sail as scheduled?

We should know in a couple of weeks.

I am curious about this too. Haven't heard much on the Connie in a while and we have a trip scheduled early 2022 as well. Last rumor was a transfer to Pullmantur. and then that rumor kind of went away.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Is Connie going to be around for my January 2022 cruise?
24 minutes ago, occasional cruiser guy said:

I do realize no one here has the answer to this question, however I am just looking for informed opinions.  How do you read the tea leaves?  A percent chance perhaps.   I am making plans (spending money) as thought it will sail as scheduled. 

my magic 8 ball has now had both vaccines, he suggests you consider a plan B

We signed up for this ship..originally for Dec 2020 sailing that got lift and shifted to Nov 2021. Celebrity had just brought it in to sail out of Tampa... Many if not all of the newer larger ships can not sail out of Tampa Bay because of the height of the bridge they have to sail under. I assume that if they want to keep Tampa on the schedule they will need a ship in this class (not sure if S class fits..know it is an issue with some Royal ships). Now it is possible they will pull her out of service for the upgrade... but given the financial hole they are in... they might just push that off until they get more cash in hand. Anyway... I am not paying until August when full payment is due... the travel insurance was purchased back in 2019.. so that cost is past.  DH and I did recently book a Royal cruise out of Nassau... which comes back ...just before final payment on the Nov cruise... I kinda want to see if cruising is fun... if not I can cancel the other one. We will see

1 hour ago, jshli said:

According to a Celebrity sales rep. I spoke to on Sunday, Constellation is now scheduled to be revolutioned in 2023.

You expect a sales rep to say anything other than the corporate script?

• Like 1

In my view, it all depends on whether or not Royal Caribbean considers Pullmantur to be viable after reorganization.  If I was laying odds, I'd say 60% or better odds that it gets transferred to Pullmantur.

But time will tell...

IMG_1285.jpg

most recent info google finds on Pullmantur:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/news/8556-pullmantur-denies-information-liquidation Feb 22

looking for investors

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/royal-caribbean-group-provides-business-update-and-reports-on-first-quarter-2021-301280193.html (April 29)

mentions Royal Caribbean providing cash refunds to past guests as part of the reorganization plans

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked to sail on the Infinity in January, 2023 in a CS.  When we put down the deposit, Infinity was still scheduled for refurbishment prior to that cruise.  The cabin furniture needed replacing five years ago and we can only imagine what condition it will be in two years from now.  In a perfect world, they would offer some serious OBC for people who booked a "revolutionized" ship (or whatever they are calling it these days) but will get a dinosaur instead.  Yes...we know that we are dreaming.  That is why I have booked on Viking Octanis for the same time period as a back up.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:12 PM, occasional cruiser guy said:

I am booked on the January 24th cruise out of Tampa.

All I can tell you we are booked on a B2B from 12/23/21-1/14/22

Edited by rucrazy

Well looks like the longer Conny cruises out of Tampa will be able to occur...assuming that cruises startup...which is looking better each day... eg today CDC indicates it will allow cruises longer than 7 days....now they prefer 100% vaccinated...but we shall see how things are this fall. 

58 minutes ago, kearney said:

we shall see how things are this fall. 

I am really looking at what happens in the 30 days that follow July 24th.. if there are no problems with the virus, then I say Game On!