Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

No, when you are assigned a dining table/time, they give you a certain number of minutes (like 15-20 minutes of your assigned time).  If you are a no show by then, your table is up for grabs by anyone who walks up and  requests a table for 2.  If we knew we wouldn't be there a certain night, we'd let our waiter know the night before so he would know that the table was available the next evening.  Regardless, you had that table assignment the entire cruise whether you used it or not.

Got it, thanks. Hopefully the new system will provide more flexibility. We live in hope, once they get through teething problems.

53 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Interesting how you - and some others - can do this since the feature is not to be live until June 7.

I can do it too.  But my other "check in" type steps show green and we are in the Blue lane.  At least I can make dining reservations for our August 8th cruise LOL.

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

When I tried making ressies for "same time every night" for my December 8 2022 sailing on Caribbean Princess it showed "Crown Grill" as the assigned venue, when I tried different time each night it showed only the Palm Dining Room, so methinks there still quite a few kinks and bugs to be worked out.

Now if Princess want to grant me free diding at the Crown Grill for 10 days I'm not going to protest, but somehow I doubt that is going to happen.

Lol mine wanted to assign me to Sabatinis each night, which I would love !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They are always posted outside the DR's and somewhere near one of the WorldFresh Market/Horizon Court entrances. 

On the Sky in November 2019 the menus were only at the aft entrance to the buffet & not at the MDR entrances and hope they’ll be available on the MC app.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I can do it too.  But my other "check in" type steps show green and we are in the Blue lane.  At least I can make dining reservations for our August 8th cruise LOL.

At the webinar they stated we could make dining reservations for any booked cruise no matter how far in advance. We could make such requests in the previous system & hopefully it will eventually be added as promised. 

I’m thankful to have made our Fall 2021 dining reservations but currently are unable to make any for our 2022 cruises & get a warning that “You’re Double-Booked” when attempting it. We have plenty of time to make our dining reservations & maybe by the official launch date of 6/7/21 that option will be available.

26 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

On the Sky in November 2019 the menus were only at the aft entrance to the buffet & not at the MDR entrances and hope they’ll be available on the MC app.

I asked on the Sky Oct 2019,  about no menu outside dining room, said they could not put on wall would need a table

1 minute ago, phabric said:

I asked on the Sky Oct 2019,  about no menu outside dining room, said they could not put on wall would need a table

Thanks…they’ve had it on other ships including other Royal-Class ships (Royal & Regal) so don’t know why not on Sky. Oh well, I get to walk more stairways to the buffet to see the menu to burn off a few more calories before dinner. ☺️

13 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

At the webinar they stated we could make dining reservations for any booked cruise no matter how far in advance. We could make such requests in the previous system & hopefully it will eventually be added as promised. 

I got the impression, June 7, Elite, Platinum and paid in full could book dining.

I am Elite.  I have B2B (2 separate cruises with 2 booking numbers on the Sky) for May/June 2022 both paid in full.  MedallionClass shows only 1 booking # for the 14 days and I was able to book dining times for the 14 days.  My Sept 2022 and Dec 2022, not paid in full, unable to book.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, phabric said:

I got the impression, June 7, Elite, Platinum and paid in full could book dining.

I am Elite.  I have B2B (2 separate cruises with 2 booking numbers on the Sky) for May/June 2022 both paid in full.  MedallionClass shows only 1 booking # for the 14 days and I was able to book dining times for the 14 days.  My Sept 2022 and Dec 2022, not paid in full, unable to book.

We’re also at the Elite level & I was able to make our MDR reservations on Thursday 6/3 for our next cruise.

Is May/June 2022 your next cruise? I can only make reservations for our first cruise (October 2021) but not for either of our 2022 cruises as stated during Thursday’s webinar.

Based on their statements & this webinar slide anyone booked by 6/7/21 can make dining reservations even before final payment. However for those who book after that date making reservations before final payment is an Elite/Platinum/Suite/Club Class benefit & other passengers must wait until after final payment.

A3512834-9D3E-4186-AF2C-7390ADD46345.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm sorry to bring this up again  - but why, on a vacation, does anyone need to decide 6 months in advance what time they want to eat on a Wednesday in the middle of their cruise? 

Seems a bit anal, to be honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks…they’ve had it on other ships including other Royal-Class ships (Royal & Regal) so don’t know why not on Sky. Oh well, I get to walk more stairways to the buffet to see the menu to burn off a few more calories before dinner. ☺️

In the past all the bars had a menu for that nights dinner to look at. No need to go to the buffet 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Is May/June 2022 your next cruise? I can only make reservations for our first cruise (October 2021) but not for either of our 2022 cruises as stated during Thursday’s webinar.

My May/June 2022 cruises were paid in full when Princess offered a 10% discount on certain cruises if you paid in full.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’re also at the Elite level & I was able to make our MDR reservations on Thursday 6/3 for our next cruise.

Based on their statements & this webinar slide anyone booked by 6/7/21 can make dining reservations even before final payment. However for those who book after that date making reservations before final payment is an Elite/Platinum/Suite/Club Class benefit & other passengers must wait until after final payment.

Suites and club class mini passengers do no need to reserve dinners. Club class is any time no wait 

13 minutes ago, memoak said:

Suites and club class mini passengers do no need to reserve dinners. Club class is any time no wait 

Perhaps someone in a suite is going to be dining with other family members in steerage class.

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

Opps…my bad. 🥴

I knew that but obviously had a senior moment…mea culpa. ☺️

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps someone in a suite is going to be dining with other family members in steerage class.

Then the family member in steerage should be able to add them to their reservation. If every single person has to make their own reservations that system is going to have a nervous breakdown

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Opps…my bad. 🥴

I knew that but obviously had a senior moment…mea culpa. ☺️

Frank, I still have the old App on my phone. Do I need to remove it and download the new version. Also the old App is showing a cruise that Princess canceled months ago.

Just now, memoak said:

Then the family member in steerage should be able to add them to their reservation. If every single person has to make their own reservations that system is going to have a nervous breakdown

I know - I was just having some fun.

1 minute ago, san diego sue said:

Frank, I still have the old App on my phone. Do I need to remove it and download the new version. Also the old App is showing a cruise that Princess canceled months ago.

Not for me Gloria…just updated it through the Apple Store & it’s been an improvement for me but for some it’s been a nightmare.

I deleted all of the prior individual apps that were originally used & only updated the MC app which includes all functions into one app. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I'm sorry to bring this up again  - but why, on a vacation, does anyone need to decide 6 months in advance what time they want to eat on a Wednesday in the middle of their cruise? 

And I don’t understand why some people will continuously criticize what other passengers want to do during their cruise. 🥴

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps they are not mixing folks for dining on the initial cruises?

We always play it by ear at Anytime, rarely had a long wait with the buzzer, G&T in Crooners :-). We can still do that and I expect by 7:00 - 7:15 Anytime tables will be available. However it is a convenience for many people, how many times have we seen questions about Reservations in Anytime (Flame) or posts about Traditional who decided to drop in at Anytime (Flame) Maybe  My Dine solves both problems and makes more efficient use of 3 MDR.

Steelers I wonder about sharing tables post-Covid19. We really enjoy Sharing.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I concur, but I can just imagine the comments and complaints if they didn't open up dining until one boarded.  I do wish Prince would require a commitment to those that want the TD type approach.  Let em book and get that out of the way.  That way, it should lower the pool for those that have anytime preferences.  I know I want my way, but we typically didn't decide until day of to determine if/when we wanted to go to MDR or buffet.  Menu typically drove that decision of go/no go then schedule drove time.  Typically we were at 5 or some early time to see the rest of entertainment for the night.  But if port day is longer, we would adjust.  I bet we weren't alone with this approach.