Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

Just reporting in, in case it is helpful to someone.

I have an Android phone and have been able to successfully use it for my February 2022 cruise.

There are 7 of us together on this cruise and previously we had selected Traditional Dining at 5 PM since we have 2 little ones in the group. DH and I are the only ones with status and we are Platinum. 

We are in 2 cabins. Prior to going to dining, I had added the 2nd cabin by using their Booking Number in "Travel Companions".  I tried using the little circle at the top with the Dining picture, but that seemed to 'spin'. Then I tried using "Dine My Way" under Ocean View. It also seemed to 'spin'. I was just giving up and clicked to bail out at the same time it showed up. So, be very patient....it is VERY slow. I selected "View or book individual daily reservations"...if I picked "Explore Dining Options" it says it's not available.  When my reservations came up, it looked like Princess had already booked us. Unfortunately, for each day we had 2 reservations---one for a table for 4 and one for a table for 8. I was able to go through each day and click on "Cancel Reservation" for each of the tables for 4. So, it now appears that we have reserved a table for 8 for each day in the Palm Dining Room. We'll see if that 'sticks'.

It is still really glitchy. I have another cruise in July 2022 and I 'think' I saw it the first time I came into the app today, but I can't seem to find it now....not too worried about that one since it is just us and another couple and we usually do Anytime anyway....

Good luck!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

It is still really glitchy. I have another cruise in July 2022 and I 'think' I saw it the first time I came into the app today, but I can't seem to find it now....not too worried about that one since it is just us and another couple and we usually do Anytime anyway....

Good luck!

Click on your photo, top left side.  On left side should show your future cruises.

We have 5 people and it keeps trying to give me a table for 4.  When I finally get a table for 6 and I choose the time, I get the unending spinning circle.  Ugh.  I've been trying for an hour.  Even rebooted my phone.  On the plus side, an additional $1500.00 FCC showed up in my personalizer today that I didn't think I had.  Who knows.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Has anyone been able to make Dine My Way reservations for cruises besides the next one? I can only make reservations for my first cruise but not for the 2 later cruise.

During the webinar the question was asked about how far in advance DMY reservations can be made & they said on any cruise booked currently up to 2023.

Earlier today I was able to make reservations for the same time every day for my next two cruises in January/February 2022 and October, 2022. A few minutes ago I went back in to change the time on the October one and got an error message so I couldn’t do it. I think the original reservation I made is still there but I’m not sure. I was not able to make any dinner reservations for January 2023.

I have a free special dinner for the October 2022 cruise so I tried to make a specialty restaurant reservation for that one and the app wants me to pay so I don’t know what’s going on with that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

As another poster said, to do Dine my way and Specialty reservations for additional cruises, click your picture in the upper left, pick the cruise, then "x" out and go to dine my way and perform all desired functions. We were able to do our specialty reservations for all future cruises a few minutes ago 🤗

Is it like it used to be that you have to pre-pay for the reservations?  

2 hours ago, t&atravel said:

You should be able to set them up the same way.  Are your other cruises showing?  Click on the picture in the upper left hand corner.  Your cruises should all be listed by date on the left hand side.  Choose the one you want and it will bring it up so you can add all your info.  Mine are there but I know there have been problems for some.

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

As another poster said, to do Dine my way and Specialty reservations for additional cruises, click your picture in the upper left, pick the cruise, then "x" out and go to dine my way and perform all desired functions. We were able to do our specialty reservations for all future cruises a few minutes ago 🤗

Thanks to both of you…clicking on my photo showed my 3 cruises. 😃

Made our DMW reservations for the same time on each of our 3 future cruises…greatly appreciate your guidance. 👍👍

Are they still requiring advance payment for specialty restaurant reservations?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I thought I had read that you would be able to use any specialty dining credits you had. I don’t see that as an option. 

I was also disappointed to find out that we couldn't seem to apply our specialty dining credits.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks to both of you…clicking on my photo showed my 3 cruises. 😃

Made our DMW reservations for the same time on each of our 3 future cruises…greatly appreciate your guidance. 👍👍

Are they still requiring advance payment for specialty restaurant reservations?

Yes, but with all times available, not just a couple 😁🍷

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I thought I had read that you would be able to use any specialty dining credits you had. I don’t see that as an option. 

It automatically applied ours when I made the reservation and went to pay.🍷

54 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Is it like it used to be that you have to pre-pay for the reservations?  

Yes. But with far more available times to choose from, not just three 🍾

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jwattle said:

It automatically applied ours when I made the reservation and went to pay.🍷

Yes. But with far more available times to choose from, not just three 🍾

Thanks. It wants a credit card from me. 

of course the app works but if I try the personalizer through the app so who knows what the issue is. Go figure, IT problems with Princess 😂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phabric said:

They might loose some cruisers that don’t have smart phone or IPad.

The app seems to work as well for them as it does for people who do have a smart phone of IPad.

7 hours ago, ebeluga said:

I think it was in the webinar, the rep said "surely you can find your grand kids or someone to upload the info for you" if one does not have a smart phone or the app...

Just what I need to do, have my personal information reside on someone else's electronic device.

I wonder how many friends would be willing to keep the app up-to-date on their smart device and check it periodically to learn what your assigned boarding time will be as Princess say you have to find out with the app.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

I take it back. I looked again and the app is nowhere to be found. I even went to the Princess site and clicked on their link to download it (they have links for both Android and iOS) but the url is invalid. The MedallionClass app has been removed from the Play Store.

Exactly the same as we are getting. No app now in Play Store.

I have a new theory as to why some members here are posting things working for them, including dining selections and reservations. 

As we know, Princess has been removing information and reservation maintenance from Cruise Personalizer (CP) on the website to the MedallionClass (MC) app.  Software and systems processing either work or don't work.  Sometimes, bad data can cause an issue, but this is often an abort situation and system goes down.  I have been finding it odd that some folks can access and update their voyages and not others - on the same platform as others who can't (Android and Apple). 

It makes me think that they are not just shifting data, but have significantly updated the booking information we see and use in the CP and are converting bookings from the old system to the new system.  I am one who has four future voyage bookings for OCT 2022 sail dates.  When I log into Princess.com in past couple days or so (weekend sometime I think), my future cruises are listed as normal, but if I click on any of them, I get an error message and don't get in.  My favorite saved list is there and working, I can click into them and shop cabins and prices.  I am not logged out despite what the message states.  My Captain Circle data is there, etc. 

On the MC app, we can login and see all voyages (1 B2B2B + 1 other), but there is no functionality to do the BlueLane check-in (other than Medallion choice is green).  We do not have the DMW functionality choice. 

So, my working theory, until proven otherwise, is that they are migrating data in some way and could be for voyages nearest in time, generally.  Not totally sure on that one.  But it is the only explanation I can think of logically why the same website/app software we are all using works for some of the voyage booking data and not for others.

• Like 1

I guess June 7th came and went without a big announcement about the new Dine My Way.  I'm actually glad that they didn't send anything out before there would be a lot of folks trying and failing to make reservations (like those with Android devices).  I've been able to do what I need for our reservations on my iPhone but it clearly doesn't have everything that it should functioning just yet.

• Like 1

I would be thrilled to skip the dining room altogether and just order a salad and an entree to be delivered to my cabin or out on deck somewhere. We really dislike waiting to get into the the dining room early every night to get a table for two. (On many ships, they will not accept reservations for 2 on the reservation line. It seems to be hit or miss depending on the ship, but even on different cruises on the same ship, sometimes they will let us make them and other times not. If not, we get in line about a half hour before the dining room opens, and it is usually already getting long by then.)

Even when we say we want to get out quickly, we are stuck in there a long time as they serve all of the extra appetizers and dishes to the tables around us. We don't cruise to eat. There are other things that we would rather be out and about doing and honestly, sometimes I literally get sick when I overeat.  But we enjoy the dishes the main dining room has as opposed to the buffet. The nights that they have the Norman Love desserts are the only time that we order dessert; but again, we are usually stuck waiting until the other tables around us are ready for dessert, which leads to a LOT of sitting around and waiting. Ugh! I am very excited about this new way of dining!

Just an additional observation on Android phones.  Even though we both have Samsung phones (& a tablet), my husband has a different version of the operating system on his phone and today logged in and had no problem accessing the dining ressies and also found the departure group for our upcoming Nov., 2021 cruise on the Enchanted.  My phone still cannot access any of this and can't load the app onto our tablet.  Not a big deal, but figured I'd share our discovery.  Too bad Princess can't list the types of devices/operating systems necessary for the new version of the app.  Guess I'm asking for too much.   

If anyone is aware of this info., please enlighten us.  

40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Everyone on here seems paranoid about eating at 17:00. Guess I'll have no problem wandering into the MDR at 20:30 without using my medallion at all!

Exactly we never eat before 8:00pm even at home.  I used to hand out and watch that long line 1/2 hour before the dining room opened

There is no option for table to share. For us only table for two and to add others that you know. We don't enjoy eating alone, but don't want to be blocked from the DR because we did not fill in the app. To me it does not register as "Dine My Way." Seems our way no longer exists.

Another issue. In the past it was the T.A. that linked bookings. Now it seems that all passengers travelling in a group, friends with different booking numbers, have to each link their bookings to the others. Cumbersome process.

2 hours ago, love2relax said:

I would be thrilled to skip the dining room altogether and just order a salad and an entree to be delivered to my cabin or out on deck somewhere. We really dislike waiting to get into the the dining room early every night to get a table for two. (On many ships, they will not accept reservations for 2 on the reservation line. It seems to be hit or miss depending on the ship, but even on different cruises on the same ship, sometimes they will let us make them and other times not. If not, we get in line about a half hour before the dining room opens, and it is usually already getting long by then.)

Even when we say we want to get out quickly, we are stuck in there a long time as they serve all of the extra appetizers and dishes to the tables around us. We don't cruise to eat. There are other things that we would rather be out and about doing and honestly, sometimes I literally get sick when I overeat.  But we enjoy the dishes the main dining room has as opposed to the buffet. The nights that they have the Norman Love desserts are the only time that we order dessert; but again, we are usually stuck waiting until the other tables around us are ready for dessert, which leads to a LOT of sitting around and waiting. Ugh! I am very excited about this new way of dining!

You must have had a lot of poor waiters.  I have never felt we had to wait around for the 8-tops and 6-tops before we got next courses.