Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

It should be this year. I did the D/L last month. I don't have a "clock, fork, spoon, plate.

On my To Do list is to call Princess...shudder. 🤬

If you are on Android, you can go to Settings app, then find APPS, then tap on that and scroll down until find Medallion Class app.  Tap on that, and scroll down to the bottom where it has the Version Number.  You should be on Version 3.0.91632.

Two ways to find DMW:

1) As soon as you are logged in, your next cruise timeline should be at top of the screen and below that is an OCEANReady graphic with the Blue Lane.  Just above the OCEANReady graphic are two circles.  One on left is for DMW (clock with fork and knife) and one on the right is the voyage calendar (but won't have any events listed far ahead of time.

2) As soon as you are logged in, you can scroll down past OCEANReady options, past JourneyView options, and next is OCEANNow.  Under OCEANNow, there is Dine My Way and Manage Drink Packages.  Tap on DMW and same thing as option (1) above.

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

For our March sailing on the Enchanted Princess we have a 5:40pm standing reservation in the Santorini Dining Room (Plaza Deck 5) some nights we have a two top, on others a four top. While we have been Anytime on our 6 Princess cruises, this time is perfect as we generally eat between 5 and 6 pm. In our case the new  Dining My Way seems to be working, although I can see the problems for others, especially those who want traditional dining which seems to be on the way out, sadly.

See my post #600 as well.  You have a standing res, but it won't be like the TD we used to have by the fact that table size is changing.  No guarantee it will be in same small area to be covered by the same wait staff.  Not same table mates.  I like your time period as well and we normally try to get a 4-top with our friends arranged with the MD on embarkation.  DMW tries to do this, but I have no faith it is doing it as advertised. 

They have marketed it such that TD is preserved and there, but the delivery and features thus far do not replicate TD for sure.

For me, I like to get a good wait team, and if have one, do not want to lose them and be "re-training" a new team each night.  It is really nice when they learn your preferences on night one and everything just runs a lot smoother for balance of the voyage. 

Also, if we have a good table location, I don't want to find out I am at a different table three days later.

So, we don't know how this is going to pan out until cruises start running with the system in place and read about real-world experiences and whether the MD's are going to all retire en-masse over the system.  LOL.

• Like 1

Another thing occurred to me.  How are all these various dining times people can choose from going to impact the dining room staff (and those preparing meals in the galley)?  Imagine it will make it more hectic.  

Not to mention the choice of dining speed on the app:  Slow--Relaxed--Fast.  

50 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If you are on Android, you can go to Settings app, then find APPS, then tap on that and scroll down until find Medallion Class app.  Tap on that, and scroll down to the bottom where it has the Version Number.  You should be on Version 3.0.91632.

Two ways to find DMW:

1) As soon as you are logged in, your next cruise timeline should be at top of the screen and below that is an OCEANReady graphic with the Blue Lane.  Just above the OCEANReady graphic are two circles.  One on left is for DMW (clock with fork and knife) and one on the right is the voyage calendar (but won't have any events listed far ahead of time.

2) As soon as you are logged in, you can scroll down past OCEANReady options, past JourneyView options, and next is OCEANNow.  Under OCEANNow, there is Dine My Way and Manage Drink Packages.  Tap on DMW and same thing as option (1) above.

You're becoming the Medallion expert!

You were correct, I had 3.0.90480. I was afraid to uninstall, because the Play Store wouldn't reinstall w/the existing app and it didn't show in the list of available apps.

Bit the bullet, uninstalled. Reinstalled. I now have DMW. Unfortunately, when I try to do anything, the "working" symbol just keeps grinding away.

I think I'm going to chill for a week or 2 and let some of the fixes get done.

Glad I don't have a cruise until January.

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You're becoming the Medallion expert!

You were correct, I had 3.0.90480. I was afraid to uninstall, because the Play Store wouldn't reinstall w/the existing app and it didn't show in the list of available apps.

Bit the bullet, uninstalled. Reinstalled. I now have DMW. Unfortunately, when I try to do anything, the "working" symbol just keeps grinding away.

I think I'm going to chill for a week or 2 and let some of the fixes get done.

Glad I don't have a cruise until January.

Yes, DMW spins and is often slow to respond.  I'd keep at it though since your cruise isn't that far away.  We have on in late October 2022 and I cannot get our preference of a 4-top.

35 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Another thing occurred to me.  How are all these various dining times people can choose from going to impact the dining room staff (and those preparing meals in the galley)?  Imagine it will make it more hectic.  

Diners could already request if they wanted to get out sooner at any particular evening.

The speed choices are under Preferences - part of your overall MC profile and not specifically under DMW section.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

It should be this year. I did the D/L last month. I don't have a "clock, fork, spoon, plate.

On my To Do list is to call Princess...shudder. 🤬

Update or else delete and reinstall the app. A month ago is old...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carnival.gxi.ocean.compass.medallionclass

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/medallionclass/id1475028048

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Thanks. Just did that actually. Got the latest version, but still can't do anything. Just get "loading" when I try to do anything. The longest my patience would allow me to wait is 5 minutes. Should I wait longer?

I can't imagine the frustration that folks who aren't on CC have. Where do they go for advice when the app won't work?

Edited by JF - retired RRT

7 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I can't imagine the frustration that folks who aren't on CC have. Where do they go for advice when the app won't work?

At their recent webinar they promised an easy to use tutorial including slides was being created.

Although with so many inconsistencies in the MC app how it should work & how it currently works are not always the same thing. Through trial & error and by reading posts on CC have been able to navigate through the updated app’s functions that are currently operational.

Hopefully soon all of these issues will fixed & we’ll have a fully functioning useful app to enhance the cruise experience. 🤞

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Just did that actually. Got the latest version, but still can't do anything. Just get "loading" when I try to do anything. The longest my patience would allow me to wait is 5 minutes. Should I wait longer?

I would imagine the majority of cruisers don't even know things have been switched over to this app and are still expecting their TA to handle everything for them.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I would imagine the majority of cruisers don't even know things have been switched over to this app and are still expecting their TA to handle everything for them.

And those who do not use TA’s and do not come here are going to go into their personalizer and find the can’t do anything that will spur many many calls to Princess

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

The speed choices are under Preferences - part of your overall MC profile and not specifically under DMW section.

Thanks for this. I hadn't located this yet. I think the design has an error though. The Preferences are at the person level. It seems like that should be at the cruise level. Going on a cruise with my grandkids....we might want FAST dining service.....otherwise, maybe not so FAST. :classic_laugh:

20 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Thanks for this. I hadn't located this yet. I think the design has an error though. The Preferences are at the person level. It seems like that should be at the cruise level. Going on a cruise with my grandkids....we might want FAST dining service.....otherwise, maybe not so FAST. :classic_laugh:

Right - but you can change preferences before any cruise.  And it's always easy to let the Waiter know.  I will be impressed if the new app is actually pairing diners who have indicated like speeds of service.  

The longest my patience would allow me to wait is 5 minutes. Should I wait longer?

In my experience, if it is spinning and not responding, it take much less than 5 minutes to come back and tell me DMW not available right now - try again later.

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

And those who do not use TA’s and do not come here are going to go into their personalizer and find the can’t do anything that will spur many many calls to Princess

You've got a point.  IMHO, Princess could've/should've posted updates directly on the website to let booked guests know the latest on the process.  At least we all here on CC can try to help each other figure it all out as we go along.  I've found very helpful info. from what other posters have shared here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

At their recent webinar they promised an easy to use tutorial including slides was being created.. 🤞

Just think about that statement. You may have to use a tutorial just to take a vacation. Kind of places the work on the customer rather than on the cruise line. 

34 minutes ago, skynight said:

Just think about that statement. You may have to use a tutorial just to take a vacation. Kind of places the work on the customer rather than on the cruise line. 

Agree…they also said the app was to reduce the workload of TAs by having clients do more things for themselves.

I prefer to do everything possible & to only seek my TAs help when necessary which previously was rarely done. With the new app’s many snafus my TA won’t have any answers because neither does Princess have answers for their not ready for primetime MC app.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

I don’t see how reservations make things any more hectic for DR staff, unless a pile of people turn up at 7:00 thinking they have reservations and there are no tables available 😠 'take a buzzer, would you like to share'

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

AFAIK, 7:20pm falls into the window of Late Traditional dining times in order to align with major evening entertainment showtimes. 

In terms of what they have promised in marketing info, yes, it should be the same DR/same table for the entire cruise.  But, I suspect that "magic" is still something the MD's will deal with on-board as they have always done.  I have no idea, but I would expect the MC app to eventually indicate the table number - just as it used to be printed on the former Cruise Cards.  (The older MC App did not have this info on Medallion cruises pre-Covid, IIRC).

ETA:  Just had a thought.  They could move the TD times from the most recent 5:00/5:15 & 7:15/7:30 back to closer to what they were 5:30/5:45 & 7:30/7:45 and people could still be booking at 5pm if they want to.  I am assuming the TD windows have not been changed thus far, but it would be useful for folks to know what times to pick so as not to conflict with major evening entertainment start times.

Steelers36, Thanks for the info. We'll do like we normally do when we first get on the ship is go over and check to see where the table is and then make adjustments iof the wife wants to. Happy wife, happy life.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Two ways to find DMW:

Thanks for the info on Android. We have a cruise upcoming in November and we are fully paid. I have the correct version of Android and when I log in to DMW I get a message that its not available. I also tried to book an arrival group and can't. Princess is no help with this.

Anyone having similar issues?

8 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Thanks for the info on Android. We have a cruise upcoming in November and we are fully paid. I have the correct version of Android and when I log in to DMW I get a message that its not available. I also tried to book an arrival group and can't. Princess is no help with this.

Anyone having similar issues?

I do not think boarding groups are available for anyone on far away cruise dates.  As for DMW, keep trying and it eventually responds and works.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I do not think boarding groups are available for anyone on far away cruise dates.  As for DMW, keep trying and it eventually responds and works.

Thanks for the pointer on DMW. Finally got in

On 6/14/2021 at 4:00 PM, Turk1 said:

OK, when we booked the cruise we requested TD, Late Seating. On the App it shows us at 7:20PM seating for 2 for the entire cruise. Can I 'assume" that this would be the same table for 2 the entire cruise? There really needs to be clarification and examples from Princess on what we all are looking at.

Hi I had the same question we booked late seating and it has come up as a 7pm table for 2 for the entire cruise, I would rather have a table for 6, it seems that those that booked TD have a table for 2. I am not sure whether it will be the same table for the entire cruise, I would like to think so.