Ncl is starting to look for volunteers for Test cruise in early August

misguy

I would actually be a perfect fit for this. I would have to travel solo but I’m 32, in perfect health and I lost 25lbs last year and started weight lifting. I have both doses of Pfizer and I work retail at a busy location with hundreds of people coming and going. I wear a mask 9 hours of the day with zero issues. Pick me! 😀

3 hours ago, toyotaford said:

We are platinum plus and received the invitation.  I assumed it was because we travel frequently with NCL.  

I am Ambassador and did not receive an invitation so I'm curious if you are a travel blogger or agent? Pretty sure tier status has nothing to do with test cruises.

• Like 1

We are neither a travel blogger or an agent.  We only travel in suites and often bring family, friends or employees with us so it may have something to do with revenue generated from a customer.  Not sure.  We are both 60 somethings.  Nothing really extraordinary about us.  We do have a great relationship with our PCC and she is one of the leading producers for NCL.  That may have had something to do with it.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Cyn874 said:

Do you know if they are also providing airfare, or is that an out of pocket expense for the volunteer?

As far as I know you are on your own.

On 5/10/2021 at 7:47 AM, toyotaford said:

We are neither a travel blogger or an agent.  We only travel in suites and often bring family, friends or employees with us so it may have something to do with revenue generated from a customer.  Not sure.  We are both 60 somethings.  Nothing really extraordinary about us.  We do have a great relationship with our PCC and she is one of the leading producers for NCL.  That may have had something to do with it.

Location may also have something to do with it as well.  If they are planning a test cruise from New Orleans, I would think they would choose people who live in that area so any last minute changes would not be inconvenient travel wise.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:14 PM, misguy said:

I received an invitation to register for a test cruise in early August.  I am not sure how they selected the candidates, but I have applied, and we will see what happens.

Maybe I misunderstood, so please correct me if I'm wrong.  It was my understanding that "test cruises" could be bypassed if the cruise line agreed to have 95% vaccinated passengers.  Since Norwegian has already said 100% vaccination compliance, why do they need to do a test cruise?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Maybe I misunderstood, so please correct me if I'm wrong.  It was my understanding that "test cruises" could be bypassed if the cruise line agreed to have 95% vaccinated passengers.  Since Norwegian has already said 100% vaccination compliance, why do they need to do a test cruise?

They don't. Your understanding is correct: vaccinated passengers = no test cruise required.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

They probably want to show the CDC that their protocols work and that they don't need all the crap that the CDC is outlining. 

I don't blame them, if my business was shutdown for over a year, I would do anything I could to get my business up and running. 

Question.....NCL is looking for volunteers for test cruises.  Is NCL picking up the tab for these cruises, including food, drink, excursions (if any), or are the volunteers paying for this?     I'm not booked on any cruises until 3rd Qtr. 2022, & am not interested in volunteering.  We have land based vacations planned if we can find gas...........

7 minutes ago, hernando52 said:

Question.....NCL is looking for volunteers for test cruises.  Is NCL picking up the tab for these cruises, including food, drink, excursions (if any), or are the volunteers paying for this?     I'm not booked on any cruises until 3rd Qtr. 2022, & am not interested in volunteering.  We have land based vacations planned if we can find gas...........

I would be pretty surprised if they included drinks or specialty dining. These sailings are meant to test the emergency protocols for quarantine, isolation, and evacuation.

4 hours ago, hernando52 said:

If it is a CDC required test cruise, I don't think they can charge for it. They need to complete these test cruises before they can sail a revenue cruise.

1 hour ago, zerooveride said:

If it is a CDC required test cruise, I don't think they can charge for it. They need to complete these test cruises before they can sail a revenue cruise.

They can't charge for the cruise fare and probably not basic dining or beverages. But they will have no obligation to be giving away free booze, specialty dining, or shore excursions. And if anyone gets lucky enough to sleep in a Haven room, don't expect to have a Butler waiting on you hand-and-foot!

Edited by JamieLogical

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

They can't charge for the cruise fare and probably not basic dining or beverages. But they will have no obligation to be giving away free booze, specialty dining, or shore excursions. And if anyone gets lucky enough to sleep in a Haven room, don't expect to have a Butler waiting on you hand-and-foot!

I have a feeling that Shore Excursions at the very least will be included just to run them as tests. I doubt the booze will be free.

Although I have zero expectation of getting an invite, I would certainly accept if I did get one.  The list of 10 cautions didn’t bother me — I would just bring some of my handwork projects to be happily occupied as needed.

I would not want to do it if required to be in an inside cabin.  Probably my one real deal breaker.  

On 5/11/2021 at 6:57 AM, mikehoncho said:

That's a very good question. I was wondering that myself.