So, are some cruises out of Nassau now cancelled?

Was very interested in a Navigator 7-day cruise from Nassau in late July and went to put a deposit down this morning and the cruise was gone from the Royal site. But, there is a cruise on the same ship scheduled now just days earlier out of Miami?

So, yesterday cruises out of Nassau were on Navigator for 7 days too. Several other people I talked to agreed. Ran several scenarios on Navigator on July 24 out of Nassau.  I know, I know. Several other people. Blah, blah, blah. But regardless, no longer offered it appears. 

That's interesting.  I have a  4-day cruise booked on Navigator for July 12 out of Miami. It goes to Nassau and CocoCay. Called the other day on a booking and asked if July out of Miami was still a go, and the agent replied that they are hoping to cruise in July.

Yeah, scratching my head. My wife looked it multiple times as did several friends. My wife was watching lots of YouTube video on Navigator as a result.  Could have been it was planned and now switched. Things are so fluid right now. 

I'm hoping July cruises do happen but doubtful. NCL's head was being a realist I think when he told investors this past week it was doubtful given it takes 90 days for them at least to get a ship going in time for sailing. That's not the cruise lines' fault. The CDC would have needed to be more proactive much earlier. And they're in a difficult position too. Mods, please feel free to delete this thread (I tried to?) as its not really relevant any longer. But I swear Navigator out of Nassau was an option yesterday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LakeWobegon said:

I'm hoping July cruises do happen but doubtful. NCL's head was being a realist I think when he told investors this past week it was doubtful given it takes 90 days for them at least to get a ship going in time for sailing. That's not the cruise lines' fault. The CDC would have needed to be more proactive much earlier. And they're in a difficult position too. Mods, please feel free to delete this thread (I tried to?) as its not really relevant any longer. But I swear Navigator out of Nassau was an option yesterday.

If you go on Royals website today it shows Navigator starts sailing out of Miami mid July and it's to their private island.  That's if they get CDC approval to start in July.  Nothing out of Nassau

2 hours ago, LakeWobegon said:

I vaguely remember something about NCL’s ships being in “cold layup” vs other cruise lines in “warm layup” and taking longer to prepare to sail.  Anybody remember the correct terms and explanation?

• Like 1

My crystal ball, which has an approximately 99% error rate, says that Royal is in the process of developing plan B if either DeSantis wins his no vaccine political fight or the CDC remains a big no for July sailings. 

If either happens, RCL just moves Navigator from Miami to Nassau.

IT, in all their glorious accuracy, mistakenly published the backup plans and then pulled them the same day after realizing their mistake.

Edited by cured
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cured said:

My crystal ball, which has an approximately 99% error rate, says that Royal is in the process of developing plan B if either DeSantis wins his no vaccine political fight or the CDC remains a big no for July sailings. 

IT, in all their glorious accuracy, mistakenly published the backup plans and then pulled them the same day after realizing their mistake.

I agree this is a possible explanation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cured said:

Excellent theory

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cured said:

Or the OP/his wife got two similar ship names confused...

2 hours ago, cured said:

I run some things that monitor available sailings that can be booked. If anything ever becomes available and stays available for at least an hour, I'll capture it. Nothing has appeared that departs from Nassau except for the 14 sailings on Adventure of the Seas that has remained visible for at least an hour on Royal Caribbean's web site. That I can say for sure. So, maybe, something appeared for a shorter period. But it didn't last an hour or longer, and statistically it's likely it didn't last even 30 minutes since all it needed to be was present when the information was captured in a snapshot of what was visible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cured said:

That sounds possible.

We've seen itineraries posted to the website as a test a week or so before they go live on the website whenever there are new deployments.  

However there's a rumor though that Navigator is going to Spain for a July drydock.  

Time will tell if either happen.