No mask Required at CocoCay

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

In TX we don’t even wear a mask that much when we go out to eat. 

I travel a lot and my wife says she's not washed a mask in weeks.  I tell her it's because I dont wear one.  It's ok people to not wear one if you're vaccinated or inoculated.   Really.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I live in Florida also.  The restaurants are full although many of them are short staffed.  Masks have never been required in any of the ones I have been to.  We have been eating out once or twice a week since last May.  

I interviewed a guy today who proudly told me unemployment pays him $25 per hour.

22 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Vaccinated, the risk from COVID is as minor as the risk from just about any other airborne infection, including the flu. Even the CDC has been slowly producing studies revealing this, even if they've been unwilling to confidently say it directly so far.

The problem is those who are not vaccinated. Well, the problem is those refusing to be vaccinated who could be. There is a category of those who may have an issue getting a COVID vaccination. I say "may" because in some cases those allergic reactions are to vaccines based on different methods, which the COVID vaccines differ from enough that they may not produce the same sort of allergic reaction these people suffer from. Nonetheless, they would probably best be under more stringent observation should they choose to get vaccinated.

Had Covid, got the tshirt.  Not getting the vaccination because there is no medical reason to.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2021.660019/full

Although neutralizing antibodies can wane over time, long-lasting B and T memory cells can persist in recovered individuals. The natural immunological memory captures the diverse repertoire of SARS-CoV-2 epitopes after natural infection whereas, currently approved vaccines are based on a single epitope, spike protein

Edited by Tippyton
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

I interviewed a guy today who proudly told me unemployment pays him $25 per hour.

Guy was not accurate.

Florida’s max unemployment without the federal 13 week benefit of $300 is $275. $275+300=$575/week. So right now the mad is approx. $14/hr. Last summer is was $22/hr before the $600 expired. I should also mention most people are starting to run out of the 13 weeks @ $300. Essentially unemployment in Florida for most people is about to be below minimum wage.

Of course, you could be talking about someone in a blue state that is likely much higher in terms of cost of living. But again for most people the federal unemployment benefit is starting to run out. So their checks are anywhere from the low of Florida’s $275/week to MAs high of $848/week. All these are based on what you were earning prior to unemployment.

Edited by wreckem2013

3 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

Guy was not accurate.

Florida’s max unemployment without the federal 13 week benefit of $300 is $275. $275+300=$575/week. So right now the mad is approx. $14/hr. Last summer is was $22/hr before the $600 expired. I should also mention most people are starting to run out of the 13 weeks @ $300. Essentially unemployment in Florida for most people is about to be below minimum wage.

Why do people always miss the premise?  100k at the MAGA rally?  LIAR!!!!  Only 75k....!

Point is the service sector which supports the cruise industry will struggle as long as there is no incentive to work.

32 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Just watched the CDC Director on The News with Shephard Smith. She didn't say anything really new. When pressed about updates to masks, she said "We are looking forward to updating our guidance" and when pressed further, she just said "Stay tuned". 

They're all nincompoops.  People are getting sick and tired of the tyranny of the mask mandates.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Auntiemomo said:

They're all nincompoops.  People are getting sick and tired of the tyranny of the mask mandates.  

Yes, people are getting tired of the mask mandates, but she sounded like there may be some changes coming soon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, harkinmr said:

As someone who lives in Florida, you can tell people all day long that we’re open 100%, but businesses and consumers are still going to do what makes sense to them. Husband and I are fully vaccinated and have been eating out. Restaurants are nowhere near full and staff and customers are still masking up. A lot of the bravado put out is just for show. 

Obviously varies by location. Just got back from dinner - one waitress was wearing a mask....not a single patron was.  Not all that unusual, as we generally see about 1/4 of customers wearing them.  Not saying it’s right or wrong - just not uncommon.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

People are also sick & tired of the constant complaints about having to wear masks. Complaints that actually started before mandates.

Lets just accept that people are sick & tired of the pandemic and leave it at that. The constant harping on those that disagree does nothing but irritate at this point.

Edited by broberts
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is great news !! But I wonder what would happen with kids who aren’t able to be vaccinated. Are they able to explore the islands or does everyone need to stay within the cruise bubble? Will they still need to wear a mask?

3 minutes ago, NJMomofBoys said:

This is great news !! But I wonder what would happen with kids who aren’t able to be vaccinated. Are they able to explore the islands or does everyone need to stay within the cruise bubble? Will they still need to wear a mask?

Cococay is the cruise bubble

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Yeah sad. Was off work for Accident, brought home Double for 18 months. No Deductions.

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Obviously varies by location. Just got back from dinner - one waitress was wearing a mask....not a single patron was.  Not all that unusual, as we generally see about 1/4 of customers wearing them.  Not saying it’s right or wrong - just not uncommon.

Here in Arizona if see 10% wearing Masks it's average Day. And everyone I know except my Grand Daughters are Vaccinated

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

I travel a lot and my wife says she's not washed a mask in weeks.  I tell her it's because I dont wear one.  It's ok people to not wear one if you're vaccinated or inoculated.   Really.

Phil Nevin ,a Coach for the Yankees was vaccinated and now has Covid.

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Phil Nevin ,a Coach for the Yankees was vaccinated and now has Covid.

100% not surprised.  I'd be more surprised if it didn't happen.  As a result I'm hoarding TP and locking myself inside, tripling my masks, wiping things down twice, and taking no visitors. /S

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm a healthcare worker who was vaccinated back In December. We are seeing some breakthrough cases among employees, but no one has gotten sick enough to be hospitalized. That's the point of the vaccine. I'm leery that a few people will test positive in Nassau and not be permitted back in the US, while having sub-clinical infection with extremely small risk of spread. There really is no point to testing vaccinated people returning home.  We don't test people getting on airplanes domestically, or going into restaurants, or stores, etc. I love cruising and I hope this all works, but the media will pounce if anyone is denied entry back to the US.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

I'm a healthcare worker who was vaccinated back In December. We are seeing some breakthrough cases among employees, but no one has gotten sick enough to be hospitalized. That's the point of the vaccine. I'm leery that a few people will test positive in Nassau and not be permitted back in the US, while having sub-clinical infection with extremely small risk of spread. There really is no point to testing vaccinated people returning home.  We don't test people getting on airplanes domestically, or going into restaurants, or stores, etc. I love cruising and I hope this all works, but the media will pounce if anyone is denied entry back to the US.

I was just reading an article (BBC) about a rise in breakthrough cases in India.  Different vaccines there than we use in the US, but still leads me to think that simple precautions still have relevancy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Had Covid, got the tshirt.  Not getting the vaccination because there is no medical reason to.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2021.660019/full

Although neutralizing antibodies can wane over time, long-lasting B and T memory cells can persist in recovered individuals. The natural immunological memory captures the diverse repertoire of SARS-CoV-2 epitopes after natural infection whereas, currently approved vaccines are based on a single epitope, spike protein

May be an image of text that says 'Already had COVID-19? Don't give away your shot Individuals' antibody response following confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection is highly variable: COVID-19 vaccination provides stronger and more consistent antibody response than natural SARS-CoV-2 infection. ය RECOVERED INDIVIDUALS 8 VACCINATED Getting vaccinated after SARS-CoV-2 infection provides turbo-boost of immunity, which may be particularly helpful against new variants. Dear Pandemic:'

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

May 12, 2021

Holding up his mask, Biden said, “If you’re vaccinated, you don’t have to wear this outside, around people unless there’s really large groups, and you don’t have to wear it inside if you’re with people that have also been vaccinated.”

Although this statement was after emerging from a White House meeting with Congressional members where all were vaccinated in which they all had masks.

So, it looks like the masking of those vaccinated will continue to wane, and then we can look forward to the "except for" riders like "really large groups."

Again, either the vaccines work or they don't.  If they do, vaccinated crew and passenger restricted cruises should be not long for mask free (however, I doubt that will be the case for a couple of months just out of spite).

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

May 12, 2021

Holding up his mask, Biden said, “If you’re vaccinated, you don’t have to wear this outside, around people unless there’s really large groups, and you don’t have to wear it inside if you’re with people that have also been vaccinated.”

Although this statement was after emerging from a White House meeting with Congressional members where all were vaccinated in which they all had masks.

So, it looks like the masking of those vaccinated will continue to wane, and then we can look forward to the "except for" riders like "really large groups."

Again, either the vaccines work or they don't.  If they do, vaccinated crew and passenger restricted cruises should be not long for mask free (however, I doubt that will be the case for a couple of months just out of spite).

I concur.  They sure love their control...I mean mask mandates.

• Like 2