Zenith Members What are our benefits now?

It seems we are getting closer to sailing again. How have the Zenith benefits changed? Don’t want any unpleasant surprises when we board in November. I understand that we are no longer welcome in the Retreat. COVID is the convenient excuse. We booked our cruises before AI. Do we still get the alcohol and internet packages? Would appreciate any informed opinions.

Retreat access is now restricted for social distancing reasons.  Wifi and Bev package are still benefits.  If your booking is AI you will get premium bev and stream internet upgrades otherwise the full packages as before.   You should probably give the Zenith desk a call and discuss the details with them and provide feedback.

• Thanks 1

I think wrk2cruise said it well, but I will add this bit from the Captain's Club updates RFQ (https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes)

Will there be any changes to Zenith Benefits?

In keeping with new health and safety standards, we’ll be tightly managing venue capacities. As a result, Zenith access to the lounge at The Retreat® and Michael’s Club will be limited to members staying in The Retreat until further notice. Our primary goal is to keep our guests and crew safe and healthy. Other benefits such as complimentary laundry, complimentary streaming wifi, complimentary premium beverage package and 25% off specialty dining will still be available.

The Top Cruiser on each sailing can now enjoy a complimentary dinner at a specialty dining restaurant, along with complimentary flowers and wine. This special guest will also now have the opportunity to take part in an interview with our cruise director that will air on in-stateroom televisions.

Members sailing after reaching 6K and 9K points will also receive a complimentary dinner in specialty dining.

Lastly, the Extend Your Stay program is suspended until further notice.

When we received our phone call last fall regarding the change in Zenith benefits I specifically asked the shoreside concierge who called about the premium beverage package, unlimited wi-fi and unlimited laundry.  I was told no changes regarding those Zenith perks.  

It was rather ironic that the shoreside concierge who called last fall was the same concierge who had called us several years ago when we reached the Zenith loyalty level.  She actually commented on the coincidence.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone have info on how many Zenith members there are on an average Caribbean cruise?

I'm asking because it seems strange to limit access to the retreat lounge - are there really that many Zeniths on any given cruise?

I really feel X should be doing more for their Zenith members !   (I'm not Zenith, just love loyalty programs)

10 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Just out of curiosity, would anyone have info on how many Zenith members there are on an average Caribbean cruise?

I'm asking because it seems strange to limit access to the retreat lounge - are there really that many Zeniths on any given cruise?

I really feel X should be doing more for their Zenith members !   (I'm not Zenith, just love loyalty programs)

There are lots on TA,s but I would say that there are under 8 on the average cruise. Many times my DW and I were the only ones aboard. We not only lost MC/Retreat but the services of the MC/Retreat Concierge and priority boarding. I'll believe that they will restore the benefit when I see it! I have 4 cruises booked. One with Celebrity and 3 with Crystal. My Celebrity cruise is a TA that will be transportation to a Crystal cruise. I have voted with my dollars and notice many formally Celebrity loyalists on the Crystal board. It's their program and they can revise it at any time. My time and money and I can use it as a choose.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

On our 14 night Caribbean cruise aboard Reflection in Jan 2019, we had 23 Zenith members according to our Captain's Club Hostess.  I would expect that to be the upper range of what you can expect.  The 14 night Caribbean cruises were popular among CC members as there were 1,137 passengers that were Elite or above on our Reflection sailing.

Edited by mahdnc

I understand that a few Suite passengers have complained about Zeniths in their private space. I think that Celebrity is reacting to them and that's why I don't believe that access will be restored unless and until Celebrity realizes that their decision was a poor financial strategy.

6 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

On our 14 night Caribbean cruise aboard Reflection in Jan 2019, we had 23 Zenith members according to our Captain's Club Hostess.  I would expect that to be the upper range of what you can expect.  The 14 night Caribbean cruises were popular among CC members as there were 1,137 passengers that were Elite or above on our Reflection sailing.

General rule: The longer the cruise, the more Zeniths and Elite + passengers aboard. 

• Like 1

I would say three or four zenith on a short Caribbean cruise and I have seen over 20 on a trans Atlantic. I question the idea that suite passengers would complain about zeniths. It isn’t like anyone can easily identify who is a zenith and who is not.  I think that is just an excuse.

And the easy answer for how to deal with potential overcrowding would be to say that on a cruise by cruise basis zeniths may or may not be allowed into Michael’s/retreat, leaving it open for those cruises were there are only two or three or four Zeniths on board.

But they chose not to do that and they’re outright ban seems like overkill.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

If ships are fully vaccinated there is really no reason to keep a few Zenith members out of the Retreat area.  IMO.

12 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

On our 14 night Caribbean cruise aboard Reflection in Jan 2019, we had 23 Zenith members according to our Captain's Club Hostess.

24 minutes ago, Orator said:

There are lots on TA,s but I would say that there are under 8 on the average cruise.

I'm not sure the total number of suite guests on an avg sailing, but really... if there are 8, 10, or 20 Zeniths on that same cruise, what are the chances of them all showing up at the same time?

I realize suite guests pay a lot on a sailing and may feel their space is being intruded upon, but it's not easy to get to Zenith without suite sailings, which means those guests who have achieved Zenith have also paid $$$ over the many many years.  This benefit should not be removed.  

Not a logical decision to remove Zeniths from MC/Retreat imho.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

It seems we are getting closer to sailing again. How have the Zenith benefits changed? Don’t want any unpleasant surprises when we board in November. I understand that we are no longer welcome in the Retreat. COVID is the convenient excuse. We booked our cruises before AI. Do we still get the alcohol and internet packages? Would appreciate any informed opinions.

Congratulations to you to reach a milestone of sailing .

sorry I won’t be celebrating with you at the bridge as I already decided to quit Celebrity.

More whining Captain Club members...great.  

I'm convinced you can't do enough for some of them.  

The ones who come and say they have quit Celebrity are a bit baffling to me.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some Zeniths only book Suites. Some Zeniths stay away from MC/Retreat. Frequently I'm the only one in the club. There are about 10 people (4 in one family) that have over 6000 points. I am not one of them and never will be one of them. At least these "double Zeniths should have access. 

1 minute ago, Orator said:

Some Zeniths only book Suites. Some Zeniths stay away from MC/Retreat. Frequently I'm the only one in the club. There are about 10 people (4 in one family) that have over 6000 points. I am not one of them and never will be one of them. At least these "double Zeniths should have access. 

That's a boat load of points...pun intended.  Agree on access, I'm thinking that will change as things return to normal.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

More whining Captain Club members...great.  

I'm convinced you can't do enough for some of them.  

The ones who come and say they have quit Celebrity are a bit baffling to me.  

I don't see any discussion here about asking for more - in fact X seems to regularly take away....

I'm a loyal X cruiser, not Zenith, and I'm sticking with Celebrity, as I'm happy with their product... but I still don't agree with some of their loyalty club 'choices'.  I'm happy to voice those, in what I think is a positive way. 

Also, after all, feedback is supposed to be desirable to business....

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

I don't see any discussion here about asking for more - in fact X seems to regularly take away....

I'm a loyal X cruiser, not Zenith, and I'm sticking with Celebrity, as I'm happy with their product... but I still don't agree with some of their loyalty club 'choices'.  I'm happy to voice those, in what I think is a positive way. 

Also, after all, feedback is supposed to be desirable to business....

Have you voiced your concerns/complaints with the Captains Club? 

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Have you voiced your concerns/complaints with the Captains Club? 

No, I haven't.  Since I am not Zenith, I'm only expressing my opinions in this forum as part of a discussion, based on what I'm reading from others.

I do regularly provide feedback to Celebrity via the questionnaire and email after each sailing I take, highlighting what I was impressed with, and any shortcomings (IF any, which isn't always the case). 

In particular, I try to highlight outstanding crew as I believe this is important for their promotion/progress, and this is where I would provide constructive feedback.

So, if I ever achieved Zenith (not likely), this feedback letter would be when I mentioned this point about Retreat for Zenith - at a time when it actually affects me.  (I feel out of place complaining about something that is not my experience to complain about).

However, as I complete this post reply, it just occurred to me I could mention it next time onboard to the Captain Club Host, as a discussion/comment rather than a 'complaint' per-se, so thank you 🙂.

• Haha 1

I have discussed this with a Shoreside Concierge, who is the one who directly works with the Zeniths. I was basically told that that is the decision and they may revisit it in the future. I asked about boarding and access to the MC/Retreat Concierge and was told that this too has been discontinued. Access to the Concierge is important to me since it gives me a place to store my luggage before the rooms are ready and priority lines when you disembarking on embarking the ship. No one is asking for more benefits, only a restoration of some of the previous benefits that doesn't add cost to Celebrity. 

• Like 6