Encouraged Not Required

solocruzin

The vaccine for 98% crew/95% passengers has always been optional since they announced it, that's nothing new. It's just an alternative if the cruise line wants to skip the simulated voyages step. If a vaccine is required for a cruise, it will be the cruise line's decision, not a CDC requirement.

Edited by Earthworm Jim
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

The vaccine for 98% crew/95% passengers has always been optional since they announced it, that's nothing new. It's just an alternative if the cruise line wants to skip the simulated voyages step. If a vaccine is required for a cruise, it will be the cruise line's decision, not a CDC requirement.

The people of America are making that decision for them, so far. They cancel from month to month until conditions improve to the point they can safely resume. Also, they sure seem willing to wait long enough to sail without restrictions.

Carnival knew they didn't want to be the mask police. They had enough trouble with bad behavior before Covid-19. Nor do they want reduced capacity. They're not in business to break even.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mondello said:

The people of America are making that decision for them, so far. They cancel from month to month until conditions improve to the point they can safely resume. Also, they sure seem willing to wait long enough to sail without restrictions.

Carnival knew they didn't want to be the mask police. They had enough trouble with bad behavior before Covid-19. Nor do they want reduced capacity. They're not in business to break even.

They will attract more desirable travelers w a vax mandate. It's not really about you as a person getting sick vs the ship having to quarantine in their rooms for 23 hours a day. 

Also, for those of us who use travel insurance, I suspect they will not cover unvaccinated people starting soon. It's a no-brainer. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, huneymoonerz said:

They will attract more desirable travelers w a vax mandate. It's not really about you as a person getting sick vs the ship having to quarantine in their rooms for 23 hours a day. 

Also, for those of us who use travel insurance, I suspect they will not cover unvaccinated people starting soon. It's a no-brainer. 

What is a desirable traveler? 

Edited by bamaone
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

It's a way to say vaccines are required without saying it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, huneymoonerz said:

What do you mean by more desirable travelers?

2 hours ago, huneymoonerz said:

Many insurance policies already exclude alcohol or drug related accidents, but I guess many people don't bother to read their policies.

Carnival has never been about attracting a desirable traveler. That is for other cruise lines. Carnival puts the mass in mass market and I love Carnival, Walmart, Pork Rinds and a good party on the Lido Deck. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Carnival has never been about attracting a desirable traveler. That is for other cruise lines. Carnival puts the mass in mass market and I love Carnival, Walmart, Pork Rinds and a good party on the Lido Deck. 

Mass market is by far the largest population to draw from so is very desirable. Carnival is anti-elitist.

• Like 1