Pride in drydock?

pogoism9

1 hour ago, pogoism9 said:

Looks like Pride is in drydock in Freeport at the moment.

Maybe she's getting that snazzy blue hull update?

From your mouth to God's ear!

Looking forward to having the whole fleet look like this...

Mardi-Gras-2.jpg

Magic-Hull-Livery - Magic with new paint!-2.jpg

2 hours ago, sgttami said:

I doubt Pride is in Drydock.  She had a total redo 2 years ago.

Ships 15 or more years old are required to have certain maintenance done every 30 months, +/- 6 months either direction. Passenger amenities are not required to be upgraded, but thy typically happen at the same time since passengers are not on board during drydock. 

• Like 2

Hopefully, they've rectified the horrible vibrations at the aft of that ship.   I sailed in Vista Suite 4237 back in '17' and it was a running joke for us when we referred to sleeping in Regan MacNeil's bed.  Then in '18' a pipe burst and flooded the entire area from the cabin door to the sofa.  That ship needed a long drydock, I hope it got it.

What do you all think of this ship? It has some nice itinerary's in Europe. I'm used to sailing on Disney and their ships are very well maintained. I sailed on the Vista in Europe when it was new. 

Do you think I'd be disappointed?

1 hour ago, pogoism9 said:

Pride is my personal favorite, not too big, and for me, not too small. Older, but really easy to get around

The disney Magic is probably about the same size, but a little older. I can get a premium balcony room on the pride for 4k less than an inside on Disney. Don't laugh...ok laugh.  We've cruised Disney 23 times, but mostly with interline rates that reduced the price about 30-40%. With covid and all I don't know what's going to go on with the cruise industry and last minute discounts. I've ruled out any cruise line that doesn't have laundry rooms. 

When you're planning a three week trip to Europe laundry rooms are important. I'm also looking at Princess's  brand new ship.

It's going to be me and a 17 year old so teen club is also important. 

• Like 1

Additional vessels will receive the new livery

as they undergo scheduled dry docks.

Carnival Glory will be the second ship to receive the new hull design

during a dry dock scheduled in June.

Magic-Hull-Livery - Magic with new paint!-2.jpg

The guest to public space ratio is really good on the Pride and the 3 different pools really makes finding a nice spot relatively easy and uncrowded.  We are on the repo cruise from Baltimore to Tampa and looking forward to another 14 days on her.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mallow said:

The guest to public space ratio is really good on the Pride

On the Pride in 293 days. This is definitely my favorite ship and in my opinion this is what makes it the best ship along with the perfect design of the Spirit class. 

• Like 1

Just now, asalligo said:

On the Pride in 293 days. This is definitely my favorite ship and in my opinion this is what makes it the best ship along with the perfect design of the Spirit class. 

I am interested in finding out if Carnival will cruise at limited capacity until the CSO is over.  Our 14 day on 10/31 would feel pretty empty which I wouldn't complain about.

Just now, Mallow said:

I am interested in finding out if Carnival will cruise at limited capacity until the CSO is over.  Our 14 day on 10/31 would feel pretty empty which I wouldn't complain about.

Yes, reduced capacity on the Pride would be amazing. I bet an October cruise will still be reduced capacity as long as it happens. 

2 hours ago, Mallow said:

The guest to public space ratio is really good on the Pride and the 3 different pools really makes finding a nice spot relatively easy and uncrowded.  We are on the repo cruise from Baltimore to Tampa and looking forward to another 14 days on her.

The guest to space ratio is what made me book her for October 2020 (of course cancelled) and now August 2021.  Fingers crossed we go - and if it's with reduced capacity I bet the ship will feel empty!

5 hours ago, Mallow said:

The news that CDC will approve cruises longer then 7 days along with the 10/31 cruise now reappearing as available to book on the Carnival site, makes me cautiously optimistic that it will go.

7 hours ago, Mallow said:

My personal feeling is they have put up with the shutdown all this time while waiting for conditions to improve so they wouldn't have to reduce capacity.