When is check in?

marienbad

I understand it’s frustrating to be waiting for the chance to get your info added, but this is the Greatest title of a thread I’ve seen in over a year!  

you might consider downloading the Celebrity App on your smartphone. It also sets up checking in. Probably the same as trying to on the website but give it a go. You’ll also have it to use on the cruise if you wish. 

den 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ATXBecky said:

Call Celebrity. We have had our check in for sometime now and we don't sail until Aug 14th.

Interesting. You are sailing from St. Marteen. Maybe that’s why you have gotten check in. We are sailing from Fort Lauderdale. It may be the DeSantis edict is holding us up.

We have an August 27 ABC on Equinox.  When I called X the rep really had no explanation other than to say that we would probably be able to do OCI within 30 days of sailing.  I believe this is likely related to the need for the industry to verify vaccinations to satisfy CDC requirements while somehow getting around the Fla law not allowing them to require proof.  The state has exempted the healthcare industry which is understandable but it has also exempted theme parks.  Exempting the parks is, on the face of it, an economic decision.  If that's the case I would think the same logic could be applied to the cruise industry.  Now how can that be done so DiSantis can save face?

9 minutes ago, marienbad said:

Interesting. You are sailing from St. Marteen. Maybe that’s why you have gotten check in. We are sailing from Fort Lauderdale. It may be the DeSantis edict is holding us up.

Another thing the X rep said was that check-in was only available for Millennium and Apex at this time.

We are 29 days out from 7/3/21 Edge cruise and still do not have option to check-in, order luggage tags.

I know theses are different times,I believe in the past we have had the option 60 days out to do this.

Cant get through to X on phone and they have not responded to e-mail.

Someone said you can do this via X app but I dod not see that option on mine.

DiSantis' law, including fines, goes into effect on July1.  I'm still convinced that this is the crux of the matter and that if it is not favorably resolved by then that we can expect the rest of the summer to get canceled.  I hope I'm wrong but that's what it smells like to me.  Still a few weeks to go.

I wonder, though, if the June 26 sailing happens then the law goes into effect while Edge is at sea will she be allowed to dock on July 3?

I wouldn't be all that crazy concerned. I have been on promotional sailings where cabins weren't even assigned to everyone till just 10-14 days prior to sailing never mind check-in. This is the first sailing after over a year shutdown with new constantly changing new rules.

Edited by bajathree

On 6/4/2021 at 9:55 AM, m8zenblue said:

We are 29 days out from 7/3/21 Edge cruise and still do not have option to check-in, order luggage tags.

I know theses are different times,I believe in the past we have had the option 60 days out to do this.

Cant get through to X on phone and they have not responded to e-mail.

Someone said you can do this via X app but I dod not see that option on mine.

X will not be sending luggage tags out for upcoming sailings. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, patty1955 said:

I just checked in for our July 23rd Alaska cruise.

Curious - did your check-in for Alaska have you upload your proof of vaccination? I'm wondering if June 26 Edge check-in is not available yet because of ongoing negotiations with FL Gov... We did receive our guest booklet with luggage tags this morning by email - so that's progress

Edited by PAGA

16 minutes ago, PAGA said:

Curious - did your check-in for Alaska have you upload your proof of vaccination? I'm wondering if June 26 Edge check-in is not available yet because of ongoing negotiations with FL Gov... We did receive our guest booklet with luggage tags this morning by email - so that's progress

No request for vaccination proof, just the standard check-in.

5 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

X will not be sending luggage tags out for upcoming sailings. 

I was actually able to order luggage tags today for The 26th Edge sailing. I print them anyways but it allowed me to order them.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I was actually able to order luggage tags today for The 26th Edge sailing. I print them anyways but it allowed me to order 

Ditto. Just need to check in. No mention yet of Health Protocols. 

48 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I was actually able to order luggage tags today for The 26th Edge sailing. I print them anyways but it allowed me to order them.

Nice! 😊

I'm glad they changed their minds, I really like the ones they send us.

So happy we are finally feeling that we might actually sail on the 26th. We printed out our luggage tags, signed up for the app and are looking forward to the check- in process when it becomes available. We are not tech savvy at all, so a little concerned that we may not understand how to use all of the app features on our iPhones, and will still need to revert to paper or shoreside check-in if that is even possible. When signing in, the app rejected my password after my iPad sign in worked just fine a few minutes before getting the app. Had to reset my password in order to get the app. Confusing, but still delighted to think that, in less than three weeks, we will board the Edge and meet all of you on this cruise. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Joanmarie

4 hours ago, PAGA said:

What is a guest book?