Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

1 hour ago, cindivan said:

I wonder how many people who currently are opposed to MRNA technology in the covid vaccine will maintain that feeling if the same technology is used to fight cancer and that is the best course of action recommended by medical professionals for the treatment of themself or a loved one. “Nah.  Too new.  That technology is only 50 years old.”

I can tell you. Zero.  When it comes to self-interest they will all be lining up around the corner. 😉

• Like 4

I don't have an upcoming RC cruise . Our only booked cruise is with Princess and that's not till the end of February . IF we had an Royal cruise in the next few months, we would cancel . If Princess changes their policy we will wait and see what the world is like before cancelling . We will also cancel if the cruise won't be mostly "normal" because of Covid protocols . Wondering if Royal cruises will be more restrictive because of their change of policy .

Edited by richstowe

There seems to be a general theme that those who want to quote numbers about how safe one will be once vaccinated are the same ones who refuse to believe the numbers about how minimal the vaccine side affects are.

• Like 2

The most information on RCI not requiring vaccinations for cruises comes from a Miami Herald article that has been picked up by much of the media.  

I still think that RCI's vaccination policy is still being tweaked.  The website still states 95% vaccinated.  I think we will see more coming out from the company.  I don't think the company wants to have an outbreak that would be blown out of proportion by the media.  I think that would really hurt RCI's bottom line and reputation.  

Hell, I’m trying* to cancel my NCL cruise after RC’s announcement. I no longer trust the mass market industry to enforce vaccinations. I expect the other big names to fold. And if that happens THIS SOON, while the pandemic is still raging in other parts of the world, I am done with the industry.

*”trying” because my booking on NCL is currently broken in such a way that it can’t be cancelled, after they did a ship swap. 8-9 days to go before I can’t get a refund. Exciting times.

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

No cruises for you, there are either 95% or who the heck cares options. There is no 100% option.  I mean unless they are going to start making kids not allowed to cruise.  I might like that.... reduced FlowRider lines.  I am on your side.... let’s make it happen!!!  🤣

43 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

So no children under 12, correct?

We are going on Viking Oceans around Iceland July.  No kids, no unvaxed passengers. We can only take their shore excursions, wearing a location monitor is required and daily testing - we don’t know yet about mask wearing - but it all sounds good to me. Yet, you wouldn’t believe all the moaners on that forum! No one is forcing them to follow Vikings rules - guess they should switch over to Royal.  😙

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

The most information on RCI not requiring vaccinations for cruises comes from a Miami Herald article that has been picked up by much of the media.  

I’m really not trying to be … overly aggressive here, but I’ve seen this statement a number of times, and I don’t understand how people don’t know how to “source” info anymore, but the Miami Herald is a respected newspaper that’s been around for about a thousand years, and all they did was print RC’s *own press release*.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article251909713.html

“Strongly recommend” is nowhere near “required”. I’m sure people are also strongly recommended not to get fake service dog papers, and we know how that goes. 

Edited by AdoraBelle
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hotels have elevators too, should they be only for vaccinated people?  How about office buildings and elevators?  

I don’t know about you, I am only in close proximity when I attend a show in the theatre.  I don’t ever lay out by the pool, but even there according to the CDC you would be considered outdoors, not in a confined space.

So many false or misleading statements for such a short post.

Again- the majority of us who are vaccinated do not worry about contracting Covid. Our concern is having on- board restrictions such as mandated masking as well as the possibility of having our cruise cut short because the unvaccinated contract Covid at a percentage that requires return to port. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Since you don't feel like sharing your legal credentials, I'm going to assume you have none.  That being the case why should I pay any attention to your legal opinions?

It is not classified as an "experimental drug". You are right to ignore the legal opinions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jndsilver31 said:

are you folks taking into account florida’s law about asking if a person has been vaccinated

You are allowed to ask. You just can't deny service. Why is it so hard for people to understand?

16 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

It IS classified as an experimental drug

No, it is not.  An EUA is still an authorization.  And you could learn a lot if you research why they choose a two month time for the initial testing.  But I  know there is no way to change your mind, just as I doubt you could provide any realistic facts to change mine.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Someone's decision to not get the flu vaccine didn't turn my cruise from a carefree experience to a masked, socially distant experience

Because wearing masks and social distancing was prescribed during flu season exactly Never. 

Jonathan

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jndsilver31 said:

this is not new policy for royal caribbean. richard faib, ceo of royal caribbean holdings, a week ago said royal caribbean cruises would cruise with unvaccinated passengers

😆 my sister and I were talking about this very thing today.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No it is not. The FDA has a completely different “formulary” and sets of regulations for “experimental”. NONE of the Covid vaccines being used I. This country are classified as “experimental”

The box they come in say they are experimental 

22 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

Vaccinations are specifically excluded. 

Vaccines are excluded (all of them) from any recourse except the vaccine court.  I don't know if these experimental/emergency use only have any other exclusions 

3 hours ago, cindivan said:

I wonder how many people who currently are opposed to MRNA technology in the covid vaccine will maintain that feeling if the same technology is used to fight cancer and that is the best course of action recommended by medical professionals for the treatment of themself or a loved one. “Nah.  Too new.  That technology is only 50 years old.”

because if you don’t treat cancer you will very likely die. Most people who get Covid recover without a problem.  

If I have cancer I have a lot less to lose with trying something. 

• Like 3