Shareholder credit finally posted!

Clampram

I sent an email at the end of April containing my request for shareholder credit on Sky P in December along with the supporting documents.

Nothing was ever acknowledged so this morning I faxed the same request and my credit was posted in 2 hours.

Guessing that Princess has staff shortages just like everybody else!

1 hour ago, Clampram said:

I sent an email at the end of April containing my request for shareholder credit on Sky P in December along with the supporting documents.

Nothing was ever acknowledged so this morning I faxed the same request and my credit was posted in 2 hours.

Guessing that Princess has staff shortages just like everybody else!

My TA has told me that sometimes they lose the requests. I think he specifically said faxes as I don't think they were taking e-mail requests at that time.

For my upcoming booking I did the free, online fax bit over the internet.  They emailed me back within an hour or so because they didn't like how I did my screenshot for my brokerage account.  So, now equipped with a valid email address I just responded via that email with corrected info and again, within about an hour it showed up on my account.

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I mailed one last week and sent an email copy over the weekend.  I imagine with the Alaska bookings they are overwhelmed.

This seems like something that would be an awesome addition to the medallion app (if it worked)

While folks are uploading a copy of their passport, they can upload a copy of their brokerage statement, too.

Maybe it's something the Ocean Innovators will get to in the future...

9 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I mailed one last week and sent an email copy over the weekend.  I imagine with the Alaska bookings they are overwhelmed.

If the people dealing with this are still working from home, then snail mail will not be opened anytime soon.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ontheweb said:

My TA has told me that sometimes they lose the requests. I think he specifically said faxes as I don't think they were taking e-mail requests at that time.

I Emailed 4 new requests just this past week, for trips running from Nov 2021 to Feb 2023 (using the same brokerage statement dated April 2021) Three of the four OBCs were in our account within hours, but one for a trip in October 2022 is still MIA. I'll give them a few weeks then re-submit.  Accidents happen.

I emailed  request for 3 cruises in 2022 and one in 2023.  I checked two days later last week and the credits were posted.  I like email much better than fax which I did not totally trust and therefore snail mailed the requests in prior years.  I am glad they finally agreed to accept email requests.  

On 6/8/2021 at 12:09 AM, caribill said:

If the people dealing with this are still working from home, then snail mail will not be opened anytime soon.

I recently sent my CCL Stock Statement snail mail.  It was added to my Booking within 5 to 7 days  from when I put it in the mail box.  It was wonderful to see it added to my booking.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:19 AM, lx200gps said:

I Emailed 4 new requests just this past week, for trips running from Nov 2021 to Feb 2023 (using the same brokerage statement dated April 2021) Three of the four OBCs were in our account within hours, but one for a trip in October 2022 is still MIA. I'll give them a few weeks then re-submit.  Accidents happen.

I faxed three last week, within an hour two showed up.  I waited a couple of days and faxed the missing one again.  Within minutes it showed up.  Yep, we are all human, it was the middle one, the pages probably got stuck together.

I have had mixed results sending my request via email and by fax. Several weeks ago, I sent them by email for  cruises and nothing happened for several days. Then I decided to fax them the old way and they were applied within a few hours after faxing them. This past weekend, I decided to change/re-fare one of my current bookings which already had my applied shareholder benefits and the Princess agent didn’t keep my shareholders benefit on my booking, which has not happened to me before, and since it was the weekend, they could not call “the Office staff” to reapply it. So I said, no big deal, I just resend in my documentation and have them reapplied. On Monday, early morning, I resent via fax, as that method worked the fasted last time, but nothing happened for two days, so then I decided to try the email method again and still nothing. So I guess, I’ll wait another week and try both methods again.

I emailed on May 31 and it showed up the next morning... and now it's gone! I was looking at something else on my cruise personalizer and saw the shareholder benefit had vanished from my credits. Not sure what's going on. I emailed again, so we shall see. 

12 hours ago, TinaLee said:

I emailed on May 31 and it showed up the next morning... and now it's gone! I was looking at something else on my cruise personalizer and saw the shareholder benefit had vanished from my credits. Not sure what's going on. I emailed again, so we shall see. 

I would call Princess. Sorry, I do not have the extension # for the department handling shareholder OBC, but I am sure from the 1-800-PRINCESS number you can get connected to them.