Health And Safety section of online checkin

1 hour ago, jezabel80 said:

So according to you, no one should ever ask questions on this forum,  just make statements.   Guess I should have said, "often DIFFERENT  people get different responses from NCL."  Geez, nitpick much?!!  It's helpful to hear other people's  experiences.  No one ever said don't verify. 

Seriously? In the third paragraph of my post that you quoted I state: "and then ask for". Why would you try to twist my words with an "according to you" to make it seem like I said "no one should ever ask" when, in fact, I did the exact opposite?

Are you that obtuse, or is this simply your way of stirring the pot to instigate internet arguments?

And yeah, I nitpick. Sorry, but I want ONE answer (the correct one) when I ask a question. People can have different experiences/opinions, but I want the true answer when I need to ask a question. (And for someone so opposed to nitpicking, you sure do seem bothered by my OPINION. Why not just scroll by if you don't like it?)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

I have talked directly with NCL several times in last month over our Oct 2021 sailing, trying to find out how and what documents we will have to submit prior to sailing- only answer, you will be notified 30 days prior.  Yikes after reading this post not sure if we will be able to figure this uploading picture thing out, the only mention I saw was providing proof of vaccination, am a loyal NCL cruiser, all this technology may have us up a creek without a paddle!  urggh, yes do realize other Lines may be requiring same, BUT we cannot be the only cruisers that are not tech savy, they have our Haven deposit, hopefully there is a way to accommodate us??!!

Re: Upload of the picture.  I read that if you cannot upload a picture, that it will be taken at the pier (as  it is done now)

• Like 1

I was able to confirm my email yesterday. Tried twice to confirm the mobile number but nothing happened. Today I DID confirm my mobile number and used my computer's camera to capture and upload my security photo. One more step complete!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Seriously? In the third paragraph of my post that you quoted I state: "and then ask for". Why would you try to twist my words with an "according to you" to make it seem like I said "no one should ever ask" when, in fact, I did the exact opposite?

Are you that obtuse, or is this simply your way of stirring the pot to instigate internet arguments?

And yeah, I nitpick. Sorry, but I want ONE answer (the correct one) when I ask a question. People can have different experiences/opinions, but I want the true answer when I need to ask a question. (And for someone so opposed to nitpicking, you sure do seem bothered by my OPINION. Why not just scroll by if you don't like it?)

I'm stirring the pot to instigate arguments??  You're the one that blasted a poster for asking a question.    Obviously,  if you are bothered by what I say,   you can scroll by also.   Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, jezabel80 said:

I'm stirring the pot to instigate arguments??  You're the one that blasted a poster for asking a question.    Obviously,  if you are bothered by what I say,   you can scroll by also.   Have a nice day!

Yes...stir and instigate. You are doing it again (or is it doing it still?). Go back and look at my post. I neither quoted or mentioned anyone (unlike what you've done in your posts). I was just sharing my opinion on the forum. In no way did was my post directed at anyone, nor was I replying to anyone. So truth be told, I didn't blast anyone as you claim. 

If you're not stirring or instigating, then why the need to twist words and/or make things up just so you can argue?

On 6/16/2021 at 5:50 PM, red_summer said:

Just wondering what kind of photo should we upload? Is it passport type?

Follow the steps. Sit in front of you computer and click on the little camera thingy, your face will come up in an oval , then hit the download icon. If I can do it, you can ( I'm 73 and far from computer savvy).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just an FYI, Our cruise is 8/21 out of Seattle,  I tried to upload our pictures from our phone into the NCL app.  It would not allow me to do so.  I sent the pics to my computer and had no problem after logging into my NCL account uploading them.  

22 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Follow the steps. Sit in front of you computer and click on the little camera thingy, your face will come up in an oval , then hit the download icon. If I can do it, you can ( I'm 73 and far from computer savvy).

hey thanks for the advice. I am on the Encore and final pymt due soon.

I decided to see what advice is floating around for Alaska and NCL.

I was not aware that they REALLY NOW want us to upload photos.  I usually wait until I am checking in.

I will try this and uncover the camera lens and see what happens.  I did not want to use smartphone and then upload to computer or us an app.

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

hey thanks for the advice. I am on the Encore and final pymt due soon.

I decided to see what advice is floating around for Alaska and NCL.

I was not aware that they REALLY NOW want us to upload photos.  I usually wait until I am checking in.

I will try this and uncover the camera lens and see what happens.  I did not want to use smartphone and then upload to computer or us an app.

Have a wonderful trip. Alaska is amazing. Bring a hat and gloves just in case. If you can spring for it , take the excursion that flies you to a glacier for dog sledding. 

On 6/16/2021 at 7:28 AM, jezabel80 said:

Curious to what would happen if someone does not have an email address, or a smart phone.  I'm sure there are adult children that book for their elderly parents,  using their email,  but what happens  if the elderly parents are cruising by themselves, and arrive at the port to check in for the cruise,  but do not have a smartphone?  Hmmm

On 6/18/2021 at 5:00 AM, GeriatricNurse said:

What are my options since I do not have nor do I ever intend to have a 'Smartphone'?

I believe the pre-uploading of photos and verification of email/phone number is just to save time. If you can't do it prior to the cruise, you'll do it on the day of at the pier before you can board. 

The email/phone number is most likely for contact tracing and to alert people quickly if there are any 'incidents' that they need to be aware of based on who they've interacted with.

The site specifically says to check back again within 21 days of sailing as the information is constantly changing and will probably change again 2 weeks from now. So unless your sailing is within the next 21 days, I wouldn't stress over this too much.

• Like 2

Well I have looked over NCl website, checked my booking, etc. have found no mention of submitting photos, and they do mention bringing vaccination records to Pier, whew, think we can get through this, lol.  Cruise is not until October this year out of LA.. Our  desktop does not have a camera,  NCL obviously has our email in their system and I don't recall any problems before with entering cell phone numbers.  Just want to Cruise Again!!

4 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Well I have looked over NCl website, checked my booking, etc. have found no mention of submitting photos, and they do mention bringing vaccination records to Pier, whew, think we can get through this, lol.  Cruise is not until October this year out of LA.. Our  desktop does not have a camera,  NCL obviously has our email in their system and I don't recall any problems before with entering cell phone numbers.  Just want to Cruise Again!!

Click on "start check in" (even if it shows 100% already)…

Under "Guests" hit the "check in button"...

Under section 7of 8 is now a Health & Safety heading which contains vaccination attestation, security photo upload, & spaces for phone number & Email address.

possible they will want all the new sections filled in on new future bookings before they will release  eDocs.

Good luck

Edited by Stevio
Addition
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevio said:

Click on "start check in" (even if it shows 100% already)…

Under "Guests" hit the "check in button"...

Under section 7of 8 is now a Health & Safety heading which contains vaccination attestation, security photo upload, & spaces for phone number & Email address.

possible they will want all the new sections filled in on new future bookings before they will release  eDocs.

Good luck

What do you advise/suggest are my options since I do not possess a 'Smartphone' and Mobile 'Phone, in order to be successfully able to 'Check-In', online, under my NCL Account?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeriatricNurse said:

What do you advise/suggest are my options since I do not possess a 'Smartphone' and Mobile 'Phone, in order to be successfully able to 'Check-In', online, under my NCL Account?

My directions were for a PC.

Just log in as normal and go to check in (on a laptop your inbuilt camera should suffice), on a desktop PC etc without camera just follow the on screen directions to upload your picture.

Have uploaded our photos for both Royal Caribbean & NCL from my desktop.

Do not worry, if NCL do not have a suitable picture, they will just take one at the pier at embarkation as normal, I think they just want to cut down the wait times.

Just found a perfect description in a previous post (61) by Treasure Hunter which describes the laptop process perfectly......

On 6/19/2021 at 10:34 PM, Treasure Hunter said:

Thanks to Treasure Hunter.

Ok- I just saw this on my April 2022 reservation.  I was able to verify my email and mobile number and took a photo with my desktop camera.  All of these fields were required in order to Save & Continue.  Led me to think that it wouldnt allow me to do part of it (email and phone) without completing all of it (Photo).

actually received the text almost instantaneously, same with email. My email was open in another window.

I clicked

verify cell (ding with text received)

Verify email

read received text and responded

went to check email

Verified my email

Process took about a minute for all.

Will do my DH tonight