Health And Safety section of online checkin

23 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

Well I did call NCL, was told specifically had to scan vaccinations cards 2 wks ahead of sailing, suggested I go to a library or a friends house to get it accomplished.  Didn't get into taking a photo, but I said I wanted to email "someone" to vent my frustrations, only suggested I use their online complaint process.   urggh.  We are Platinum Plus, guess helping loyal customers in these times is not priority.  Made it pretty clear if not 100% checked in online, there could be a PROBLEM! 

WOW. First off, I’m really surprised. However, I didn’t even think of the idea that you need to upload a picture of your vaccination card before going. I thought we were talking about a photo upload and phone number verification. I guess I can understand the vaccine card because of the 100% vaccination cruises. Otherwise they can’t guarantee you can get on the ship when you arrive. So, do you have a friend that can help you photograph your card and get a picture of you? I didn’t even think of getting someone at the library to help, which is a good idea, btw. I’m really sad to hear that they couldn’t do anymore for you. I would definitely reach out to the library where you live if you don’t have a friend that can help. I’ll be checking back to see if you have success. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Well I did call NCL, was told specifically had to scan vaccinations cards 2 wks ahead of sailing, suggested I go to a library or a friends house to get it accomplished.  Didn't get into taking a photo, but I said I wanted to email "someone" to vent my frustrations, only suggested I use their online complaint process.   urggh.  We are Platinum Plus, guess helping loyal customers in these times is not priority.  Made it pretty clear if not 100% checked in online, there could be a PROBLEM! 

I understand your frustration because DH and I are not tech savvy and had no clue how to upload a picture.  Luckily our children (and even grandkids) knew how to do it.  Now I will need their help again to do the same thing with our vaccine cards.  I guess I had better pay attention this time because we plan on cruising again in the spring.  

15 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I understand your frustration because DH and I are not tech savvy and had no clue how to upload a picture.  Luckily our children (and even grandkids) knew how to do it.  Now I will need their help again to do the same thing with our vaccine cards.  I guess I had better pay attention this time because we plan on cruising again in the spring.  

I was visiting my parents over the long weekend and they are cruising with us in September. I helped them get their check-in as far along as possible. Got their payment method entered, text and email confirmed, and photos uploaded. I might have to go back down there again (they are in PA) over Labor Day weekend to get their vaccine cards uploaded. Hopefully they can do that 21 days out instead of 14 days out. Not sure I can realistically get back down there within 14 days of our cruise.

So for people who don’t have smartphones, how do you take pictures? With a camera? If so, how do you get those images onto your computer? If you can get a photo onto your computer and store it on the desktop, you should be able to (I think?) upload it to the pre-boarding page. You could do this with your photo ID and your vaccination cards. 

• Like 1

I was visiting my parents over the long weekend and they are cruising with us in September. I helped them get their check-in as far along as possible. Got their payment method entered, text and email confirmed, and photos uploaded. I might have to go back down there again (they are in PA) over Labor Day weekend to get their vaccine cards uploaded. Hopefully they can do that 21 days out instead of 14 days out. Not sure I can realistically get back down there within 14 days of our cruise.

Why not just take their vaccine cards home with you if you have to wait until the 14 days?  Or just take a photo and upload them at the 14 day mark?  

8 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

Why not just take their vaccine cards home with you if you have to wait until the 14 days?  Or just take a photo and upload them at the 14 day mark?  

Yes, the plan is that I will take a photo or help them scan the cards (the do have a scanner) and save them to my cloud storage so I can log into their My NCL account and upload the files for them if I can't do it while I am down there. Definitely don't want to take their vaccination cards home with me, because we will be arriving at the pier separately and they will need those to be able to board the ship! Just a bit worried I won't have the scans/photos of the vaccination cards done to NCL's specifications if I try to do them in advance. Hopefully, by then, we will at least know what NCL is requiring for other ships.

Edited by JamieLogical

28 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

So for people who don’t have smartphones, how do you take pictures? With a camera? If so, how do you get those images onto your computer? If you can get a photo onto your computer and store it on the desktop, you should be able to (I think?) upload it to the pre-boarding page. You could do this with your photo ID and your vaccination cards. 

Seriously, I am NOT being sarcastic or critical!  I have had to ask these questions myself.

The best way to get a "hands-on" tutorial for these issues is search online for "How to transfer photos from a camera to a computer."  There are different steps based upon your equipment, so, keep searching until you find what works for you.  (Also, you might want to "bookmark" the page to your computer so you can easily find and refer back to it for "refresher course"!)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I'm lost, do we need both a photo II (license) and a separate photo with vaccination cards? There are five of us on this trip need to be certain once we are all vaccinated. Youngest not old enough yet, but will be in the fall.

You will need a photo of each person for their check-in and a photo of each person's vaccination card for their check-in. I have both saved on my laptop desktop...personal photo has been downloaded to the NCL safe sail section of the check-in and will do the same with my card once requested.

OK all, here's my latest.  We got a webcam today, somehow hubby got it hooked up, thought now we are going somewhere.  I was able to take my picture successfully for the online check in.  then went to do his, no luck at all, many tries.  Called NCL support, my picture was indeed there, his not.  Answer, technical difficulties, some can and some cant get 2 pics into the system.  Do not worry, at 21 days out it will work??  so after talking with nice representative, she said you  can keep trying every few days, problem reported any maybe it will work soon.  Asked, if when we need to "send vaccination cards" can we just hold them up to camera and have the picture of them taken.  Her reply, in her experience so far, everyone at the 21 day mark will receive email asking for attestation of having cards,  required to watch the muster drill video and required to bring their cards to the pier for boarding.  Just saying what I was told, reconfirmed with her about taking photos of CDC cards, she again replied ,system to her knowledge is not  requiring them except at boarding.  ready to throw in the towel, so many others have said they "downloaded, scanned or whatever theirs already , have no idea what is true.  Got the camera, but now have no idea about scanning!!  urggh, will keep you posted on our saga through technology.   the photo section on line gives requirements for picture, no glasses, current photo, it has an oval area to center your face.  Was thinking about just taking a photo of drivers license also, my end up doing that with hubby, his patience is running low over trying to get the system to take his pic in front of the computer.  

• Like 1

Scratch the rat:  the one and only problems I did not have was getting verification for email and phone.  Email confirmation came via email and just had to  click on a verification button, yes, and phone number came via text, had to reply yes.  Our cruise is not until Oct 2021, if your is further out maybe that is the issue???  I for sure don't know.  I like to "get my ducks" in a row early, in this case sure glad I started researching early for sure.

2 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Scratch the rat:  the one and only problems I did not have was getting verification for email and phone.  Email confirmation came via email and just had to  click on a verification button, yes, and phone number came via text, had to reply yes.  Our cruise is not until Oct 2021, if your is further out maybe that is the issue???  I for sure don't know.  I like to "get my ducks" in a row early, in this case sure glad I started researching early for sure.

Mine is September!

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

For those of you having trouble with your confirmation email, my parents' went to the Junk Mail. So make sure you check the Junk or Spam folder of your email account!

Just the text message for me!

I called and NCL told me this is a known issue that has been forwarded to Miami.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:28 AM, CruisinNewbie11 said:
  • FYI,  I went on to NCL check in for my cruise.  I was able to take picture, verify email and telephone number.  My cruise is not until 11/9/2021, but it accepted all info.  

I also completed/verified for all information asked, for an April 2022 cruise as well as for a Jan 2023 cruise...

Hi everyone...haven't been on for a few days because of hurricane preps.  I have a question regarding the upload of the vaccination card.  Does NCL want a scan of the card or a picture of the card (as from a phone camera.  I have an All-in-One printer/scanner/fax so getting a scan of my card is not a problem....but I don't know which is the format NCL will be looking for.......

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

I didn't receive the SMS either perhaps it is because we don't have  US phone numbers?

Our Norwegian cells and a friends cell in the UK didn't receive the SMS. We used my US cell for all of us to complete check in.

Edited by sicness4x4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sicness4x4 said:

Our Norwegian cells and a friends cell in the UK didn't receive the SMS. We used my US cell for all of us to complete check in.

They have taken away the verify option now, but it means the check-in shows as 80% complete 😞

On 7/6/2021 at 10:36 PM, NW Pacific said:

OK all, here's my latest.  We got a webcam today, somehow hubby got it hooked up, thought now we are going somewhere.  I was able to take my picture successfully for the online check in.  then went to do his, no luck at all, many tries.  Called NCL support, my picture was indeed there, his not.  Answer, technical difficulties, some can and some cant get 2 pics into the system.  Do not worry, at 21 days out it will work??  so after talking with nice representative, she said you  can keep trying every few days, problem reported any maybe it will work soon.  Asked, if when we need to "send vaccination cards" can we just hold them up to camera and have the picture of them taken.  Her reply, in her experience so far, everyone at the 21 day mark will receive email asking for attestation of having cards,  required to watch the muster drill video and required to bring their cards to the pier for boarding.  Just saying what I was told, reconfirmed with her about taking photos of CDC cards, she again replied ,system to her knowledge is not  requiring them except at boarding.  ready to throw in the towel, so many others have said they "downloaded, scanned or whatever theirs already , have no idea what is true.  Got the camera, but now have no idea about scanning!!  urggh, will keep you posted on our saga through technology.   the photo section on line gives requirements for picture, no glasses, current photo, it has an oval area to center your face.  Was thinking about just taking a photo of drivers license also, my end up doing that with hubby, his patience is running low over trying to get the system to take his pic in front of the computer.  

Well first off, that if very awesome of you to make a big jump like that! You two should be very proud. That's not easy for people who are not tech savy. And it can be frustrating for a lot of people. Sounds like you and your husband just need to keep holding onto those bull horns until the system recognizes his picture. I found it to be a little picky myself, and I am tech savy. Don't give up. Just be patient. As for the vaccine cards, I think you should be able to just hold up your cards and get a picture the same way as you did your photo. Though, I can't say for certain cause I'm not there yet time wise for that step in registering. My family and I set sail in October to Bermuda. I don't think we can upload the photos of the vaccination cards till closer to the sail date.

On 6/16/2021 at 7:47 AM, CruisinNewbie11 said:

I have never needed a phone to check in when arriving at the cruise terminal.  I believe that email/telephone number is if NCL has health questions etc.  Could be wrong and maybe check in at the terminal has changed.  

It may be to alert NCL that a passenger isn't vaxxed.