Health And Safety section of online checkin

Just noticed they added the health and safety section for our Aug 07 cruise. It reads as follows; 

For the health and safety of our guests and crew, we require all booked guests to complete the information below. Completing all of this information accurately and in a timely manner will minimize the amount of waiting time and congestion at the pier. Your information will be kept secure and only be used as described herein and as further detailed in our Privacy Policy.

*Required
Vaccination Attestation*
  •  
    I acknowledge that I will be fully vaccinated, at least 2 weeks prior to departure, with a vaccine that has been authorized for use by the World Health Organization, U.S. Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicines Agency. I further acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of such vaccination upon check-in at the pier.
I guess this means we're getting closer to being reality? 
  • Like 4

lease provide the email address and mobile phone number at which Norwegian Cruise Line can contact you with important health, safety and travel update information. To ensure these important messages reach you, we will verify your email address and mobile phone number and will not accept alternate contact information or travel agent information. Please verify the email address and mobile phone number.

By providing my mobile phone number above, I agree to receive a one-time text message from Norwegian Cruise Line to verify my phone number and to receive phone calls from Norwegian Cruise Line, if necessary, to convey health and safety information, including for COVID-19 contact tracing purposes. To ensure these important messages reach you, we will not accept alternate contact information or travel agent information.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:If you plan on checking in prior to 21 days before your sail date, additional information will be needed. So please come back to the online check-in at that time to complete all of the necessary information.

44 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

Thank you for alerting us to that. I have just tried to complete it but it isn't giving me the option to take or upload the photo so won't let me complete it, perhaps because I don't sail until November

I wasn't able to verify the cell number. I tried my Norwegian cell as well as my US cell and didn't receive a text on either. The picture uploaded and the email was verified right away.

Edited by sicness4x4

1 hour ago, sicness4x4 said:

I wasn't able to verify the cell number. I tried my Norwegian cell as well as my US cell and didn't receive a text on either. The picture uploaded and the email was verified right away.

I never got the text either.  I went back and looked at my information and all the information is saved correctly. I did receive the email verification.  

28 minutes ago, RaftingJeremy said:

I never got the text either.  I went back and looked at my information and all the information is saved correctly. I did receive the email verification.  

Ditto.

• Like 1

Curious to what would happen if someone does not have an email address, or a smart phone.  I'm sure there are adult children that book for their elderly parents,  using their email,  but what happens  if the elderly parents are cruising by themselves, and arrive at the port to check in for the cruise,  but do not have a smartphone?  Hmmm

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this.  My assumption is that since it's saying that "it saves you time at the pier" that you would still be able to provide a hard copy or vaccine card at check-in if you didn't submit it online or by text.

• Like 2

Changed from 12/26 Encore to 8/21. NCL kept the same reservation number and now I have these options on my check-in. I was fully checked in for the 12/26 and it still says 100%, but if I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't have even known about this. I guess they need to communicate this to passengers better.

1 hour ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

Just checked with NCL tech support who said that you can verify your email, input your photo  ahead of time, but have to wait until 21 days before your cruise to verify telphone number.   You won't be able to print out your docs until that is done.

Thanks for getting that clarification! NCL did say that we would receive the final protocol info closer to sail date. Trying to be patient… 

• Like 1

I acknowledge that I will be fully vaccinated, at least 2 weeks prior to departure, with a vaccine that has been authorized for use by the World Health Organization, U.S. Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicines Agency.

Do you know the names of those vaccines?   Are they on the documents so you can check you have one that "fits"!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

They would be Moderno, Pfyser, and J&J. Please pardon the spelling.

That is only the vaccines that have been approved by the FDA. Since the European Agency and WHO approved vaccines are also allowed Astrazeneca, Jansen, Sinopharm and Serum Institute of India should qualify as well. 

• Like 1