PINNACLE GALA DINING EXPERIENCE

VMax1700

This looks new.  Just found it listed on Eurodam TA for October this year.......

Pricey though!

• Dinner
  •  
  • $142.00

Enjoy this one-night-only event created for those who delight in social connection, fine dining, and perfect details. The evening begins with cocktails, continues with the cruise’s most exceptional 6-course menu paired with world class wine. You won’t want to miss Pinnacle Gala!

FRIED STEAM BUN WITH CAVIAR * salmon tartar, apple, fennel TEMPURA SQUASH SALAD hazelnut, pomegranate vinaigrette, petite greens HALIBUT WITH LOBSTER * pancetta, ham hock broth, radish, peas CUCUMBER GRANITÉ poached tomato, basil BEEF TENDERLOIN * creamy barley, black truffle, root vegetable ORANGE CREAMCICLE FLOAT chocolate shortbread NINO FRANCO VALDOBBIADENE PROSECCO SUPERIORE BRUT Veneto, Italy LABOURE-ROI CHABLIS 1ER CRU Burgundy, France BERINGER CABERNET SAUVIGNON KNIGHTS VALLEY Sonoma County, California

Pinnacle Gala.pdf

One thing that always irritates me about these special dinners is they are not eligible for the 50% Mariners discount.  It’s a good idea as typically gala nights are not super crowded in Pinnacle.  

• Like 2

I'm not a picky eater but there's a lot on that menu that doesn't appeal to me.

I occasionally attend wine dinners at Ruth's Chris or Fleming's.  They're generally in the $85 - $125 range (my limit is $100) and the menus are much more appetizing.  

I would be interested.  But, to fully consume each course and to completely drink each glass of wine served?  Not wise for me at this stage of my life.  

But, the experience itself?  Yes, might be worth the cost.  

If we were going to pay that it would never be on a cruise ship. 

It would only be to a land based restaurant that we were familiar with.  Not about to take a chance on a one off that could be anything from mediocre to excellent. 

Really....a $142 tab for a meal on a mass market cruise line.?   We will pass. 

Gratuity on non gratuity inclusive..... it would not matter.

Edited by iancal

13 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Ruins our plans, we like going to the Pinnacle on gala nights and order from their regular menu. 

12 hours ago, KirkNC said:

It might not be every gala night.

The "GALA" dinner will not likely be held on "GALA" night.   Just another example of how HAL often complicates things or creates confusion by using the same terms interchangeably when they mean to say something else.   

49 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

The "GALA" dinner will not likely be held on "GALA" night.   Just another example of how HAL often complicates things or creates confusion by using the same terms interchangeably when they mean to say something else.   

That had been my thought too, but on checking availability for our cruise, the Pinnacle Gala is slotted for November 12th, which would be second last night and probably is the final Gala night.  The regular Pinnacle Grill is not available to pre book on November 12th.  It is also not available to book on 7th November when Sel de Mer 'pop up' is offered in PG.