Arrival groups available for 8/29/21

Sea Hag

3 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I was just able to choose an arrival time in the app. Got it confirmed, and I surely hope it stays that way.

Thank you!  I was able to pick 11:30-11:45 group A on the Aug 22nd trip

Mike and Paulia

• Like 1

Just now, station10fd said:

Mike and Paulia

Good! That's what I chose for the 8/29. 😀

1 hour ago, station10fd said:

Mike and Paulia

Was this the earliest arrival time? And is this the time for arrival at the port or boarding? Thanks!

Edited by #1Nanna
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, #1Nanna said:

Was this the earliest arrival time? And is this the time for arrival at the port or boarding? Thanks!

These were the choices......  It says arrival, so you would think boarding would be soon after or having the groups after you to start stacking up.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 11.09.40 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, station10fd said:

These were the choices......  It says arrival, so you would think boarding would be soon after or having the groups after you to start stacking up.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 11.09.40 AM.png

Really?  I wonder how many in each group?  In normal times, probably 75% of the ship would be there by 12:15pm.  LOL.  Well, 2/3??

And I consider 11:30 arrival in pre-Covid times to be late for us.  Would not even make it for general boarding start.  LOL.

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Really?  I wonder how many in each group?  In normal times, probably 75% of the ship would be there by 12:15pm.  LOL.  Well, 2/3??

And I consider 11:30 arrival in pre-Covid times to be late for us.  Would not even make it for general boarding start.  LOL.

Don't forget they'll be doing extra cleaning/prep.

3 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I was just able to choose an arrival time in the app. Got it confirmed, and I surely hope it stays that way.

3 hours ago, station10fd said:

Mike and Paulia

3 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Thanks for the update.  I was able to select Group A (11:30 - 11:45) for our 8/29/21 cruise. 

Any of you Elite or Platinum?  Any Suites?  

Just wondering if aware if you got any advance notice or jump on the other passengers.

I don’t have any special status and a basic cabin, and I suspect they just turned on the feature to choose boarding groups in the app to everyone this morning. I can’t get a boarding group for my bookings next year, but the one next month is open. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Just wondering if aware if you got any advance notice or jump on the other passengers.

Platinum here, not suite. I didn't get any notice; I've just been checking periodically.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

I don’t have any special status and a basic cabin, and I suspect they just turned on the feature to choose boarding groups in the app to everyone this morning. I can’t get a boarding group for my bookings next year, but the one next month is open. 

12 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Platinum here, not suite. I didn't get any notice; I've just been checking periodically.

Not good IMO for Princess to be doing that.  Again, a failed promise from marketing.  Pays to be alert these days.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up! I just chose our boarding time and it says “Group A, 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM”. We are Elite status. Never got any notice from Princess that boarding times had opened up. 

Edited by Crystabel
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

yes, elite. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Edited by station10fd
  • Thanks 1

I was able to get 11:30-11:45 for my 8/15/21 cruise. Assuming they keep up the 15 minute slots, it should be fairly smooth. Just health status on my to-do list (+ packing / flight / just got my house sitter so Koda can stay home)

• Like 1

We only have one prior cruise and I was able to select Group A for 11:30 am.  We are staying overnight prior to the cruise so this is perfect for us.  No email but I check daily so happy I logged on early today.

how far out ( cruise date ) can you book these arrival times ?

and am I as complete as I can be if I'm at that step now in the app with checks on the first three items - now showing 'green lane' ?

17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

how far out ( cruise date ) can you book these arrival times ?

and am I as complete as I can be if I'm at that step now in the app with checks on the first three items - now showing 'green lane' ?

I looked at our next one out, 10/31/21, and I can't choose arrival time on that one yet. Not surprised.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

We are Platinum and have the early 11:30-11:45 group.  No advance notice, I just saw on CC that this option was now available so I went and reserved a time.

• Thanks 1

So based on these posts - looks like you get to choose arrival times about 2 months out.  Has anyone been able to link another couple to your reservation and then book a arrival time for the group ?  We are sailing in November with another couple and We are elite and they are not - Hope to get to group them with us for arrival time. 

• Like 2